napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Nutrition

Jrizzle213

Ok I got a question that some of u may think is silly or elementary. I've been lifting and working on my nutrition for years but this is probably the most committed I've ever been to my nutrition. I have a VERY physically, strenuous job and sometimes it's hard to stop and eat. I usually have a shake w oats, and 2 scoops of whey around 9 am. (I wake up at 3:30 am and I start work at 5 am). So I've been up for nearly 6 hrs when I have my first real meal. I always have a solid meal before the gym but I find myself having 4 or more scoops of whey in a day just to hit my macros. Is that ok? If half or more of my protein comes from powder, is that bad? Is there a difference in the quality or the effect it has on my body? Am I hurting my kidneys? Just something I need some help with. It doesnt really have anything to do with AAS but I am on cycle now and I know that, that in itself is a strain on my body. Dont wanna overdo it. Thanks in advance.

I don't think it's a silly question. I don't recommend drinking more than 2 protein shakes a day. Look into other alternatives like boiled eggs or something similar that you can eat on the go.

I asked a similar question a while back and someone told me to make my own shakes with oats, egg whites, peanut butter, fruit etc etc.. You can put whatever you want. Make it in a blender and keep in your lunch box on ice.

If you need the shakes to hit your macros then go for it. It's not ideal, and would be better and cheaper to have more whole foods, but I also understand life happens. Do what you gotta do, but make whole foods priority first

there's nothing wrong with adding shakes and i hate it when people act like its bad or wrong... the problem comes when people just completely depend on it and dont eat enough real food but if you have 2-3 a day and are still eating plenty of real food, i will never understand the problem or issue with it... other places will tell you its so bad etc... like i said, as long as your main source of calories is coming from real food, you can absolutely add them in... i cook with mine as opposed to drinking them... so i cook it in my egg whites and mix in my oatmeal just to add extra to it...

there's nothing wrong with adding shakes and i hate it when people act like its bad or wrong... the problem comes when people just completely depend on it and dont eat enough real food but if you have 2-3 a day and are still eating plenty of real food, i will never understand the problem or issue with it... other places will tell you its so bad etc... like i said, as long as your main source of calories is coming from real food, you can absolutely add them in... i cook with mine as opposed to drinking them... so i cook it in my egg whites and mix in my oatmeal just to add extra to it...
Agreed 100% Dylan

I think it is better to find analogues of protein drinks like boiled eggs or other high-protein foods that are easy to eat. You can use 1 protein shake a day and supplement it with regular food.

My wife has started making me overnight oats. She makes them with mason jars and you can add whatever you want to them and place them in the refrigerator. She uses rolled oats, almond milk, one scoop protein powder, Adams peanut butter. They set up overnight and are really good. Easy to throw in the cooler and eat when you can and they don't need warmed up. Maybe give them a try.

Also if you go to Wal-Mart in the deli section they have to-go boiled eggs. They come in 2 or 6 I believe. I grab those in the am too if I didn't make anything to take also. Easy and they're already peeled and packaged. A few of the gas stations along my route have them too.

Also if you go to Wal-Mart in the deli section they have to-go boiled eggs. They come in 2 or 6 I believe. I grab those in the am too if I didn't make anything to take also. Easy and they're already peeled and packaged. A few of the gas stations along my route have them too.
yes and egglands best even has them as well and they are very very high quality...

Hard boiled egg whites man! I eat 7 eggs whites every morning at 5:00am along with the rest of my breakfast. But egg whites you can juts keep I. Your cooler and eat really quick if you don’t have time to eat a full meal. I would go over two shakes a day but like rick said above gotta do what u gotta do and some calories and protein from a shake is better then nothing. I have heard of people getting kidney stones from to much protein. Try and stay on top of your antioxidants and liver and organ supports to help clean your body out

Top Bottom