napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

A New SARM - S1?

Ozguy

Hi guys - Newbie here. I have been lurking on the forums here for a while to learn as much as I can about SARMs.

I have a question that I hope the more experienced/knowledgeable users can answer.

A SARMs company is selling a new SARM called S1. I know that the original S1 research was not continued, as Ostarine became the focus of most research. I also know that many people confuse Ostarine as being S1, when in fact it's not and is often referred to as S22 in a lot of medical research.

My Q is: Has anyone heard of this new S1? I have searched the web and found nothing. There was a reference in a medical research paper from 2016 where the researchers used S1, S4 and S22 - but the chemical name fo S1 was not provided, so I don't know if it was the original or this new generation S1 they were referring to.

The price of this new SARM is higher than the other SARMs on the sellers site because they claim that it is not Ostarine but a new generation SARM and more expensive to produce.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

i have not heard of nor seen anything of the sort and would not go near that if i were you

Thanks for the reply. I have bought other SARMs from them and they seemed to work. But when I pressed the company for more information about this 'S1', they became evasive and could not even give me the chemical name of the SARM - and they are supposed to be the manufacturer. I am waiting for the order to arrive - but without any scientific info - it's going down the drain - just like my money.

Last edited:
Just a follow up. I got a hold of the chemical structure of the S1 from the seller which, as it turns out is the original S1. So I did a bit of research and put the following information together. I hope it is of use to someone.

S1 is a chemical manipulation of the Aryl propionamide analog, which is a non-steroidal anti-androgen structure. The main Aryl propionamide analog compound is Bicalutamide which is presently used worldwide to treat Prostate cancer. S1 is an Aryl propionamide analog-derived SARM developed from chemical manipulation of the anti-androgen Bicalutamide.

S1, (chemical formula - 3-(4-Fluorophenoxy)-2-hydroxy-2-methyl-N-4-cyano-3-(trifluoromethyl), phenyl-propanamide), was first developed in the 1980s, with further research into its Androgen Receptor (AR) binding properties carried out since then by a number of researchers, mainly in the period 1990 - 2004. There are several Aryl propioanamide analog-derived SARMs such as S1, S2, S3, S4 and S22 (MK- 2866).

Research using S1 was generally discontinued in favour of S4 and S22/MK-2866.

Although there are a number of pieces of research involving S1, they were usually performed in vitro with a limited few in vivo research projects done involving rats. No human trials incorporating S1 have ever been undertaken. S1 displays typical Aryl propioanamide analog-derived SARM activity such as preserving/promoting lean muscle tissue and generally targeting specific ARs in muscle tissue and skeletal bones. S1, along with S4 and S22/MK-2866, was found to be Prostate sparing, and in rat experiments involving supraphysiological doses, all three SARMs effectively reduced the size of the Prostate by >20%.

S4 and S22/MK-2866 have undergone extensive research compared to S1, which has had little to no research undertaken within the last 10 years. There is substantial empirical research to support the efficacy of S4 and S22/MK-2866, and extensive feedback on various forums which indicates that these SARMs also have some beneficial effects in humans.

However, as research using S1 was discontinued almost a decade ago, there is no current information to further support S1s possible efficacy in relation to lean muscle and Prostate sparing which would give it preference over S4 and/or S22/MK-2866. Also there is no information, either empirical research or informal experiential feedback, to indicate possible side-effects or its usable half-life, which makes accurate, effective dosing difficult.

Based upon the foregoing, and the fact that research involving this particular SARM was abandoned in preference to S4 and S22/MK-2866, it can be reasonably surmised that other, more studied SARMs of the Aryl propionamide analog are possibly safer and preferable to S1.

Top Bottom