napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

New member intro

Deads

Hi there, I’m a new member here. Great looking forum. I’ve noticed a positive and supportive mentality here so I like that.

My basic stats are as follows

Height: 169cm

Weight: 71kg

Years of training: I’ve been training since I was in high school 13 years ago.

Cycle History: I’ve been cycling on and off since I was 18 years old (10 years).

2 years ago I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin Lymphoma (blood cancer). I went through cancer treatment and came out the other end in full remission. In the process I lost about 12kgs of size as well as all my strength and fitness.

My days of using steroids are over. However, I’m currently applying for a position within the police force. I’ve had notions of applying for the police force for years but only decided to take the plunge and put my application in a month ago. The only issue is I haven’t left myself a whole lot of time to improve my fitness for the physical aspect of the testing. My primary concern is the beep test. Where I live the local police force only take the cream of the crop. So the better I do in everything the higher my application goes on the pile of other applications.

At most I have about 4 weeks before the beep test and I’m only just hitting level 9 at the moment. To get an A on the test I need to hit 9.5. But its not just a matter of getting an A, it’s a matter of being the best applicant. I’d love to get a 12-13 on the test. Times against me though.

I’m currently doing 1-2 practice beep tests a day (sometimes EOD to give my body a rest) as well as 30-20-10 interval training. I’m a Vegan. I eat about 2500 calories a day... yes I get enough protein.

I was considering including Ostarine with my current routine @ 20mgs daily for the 3-4 weeks. Do you think it would improve my performance on the beep test? Would it come up on a drug test or alter my hormones to a noticeable level in the bloods that I’ll have done?

Ostarine is a,good choice but I'd also add gw to that, which will drastically improve your endurance and times. 4 weeks isn't much time though. These are really mean to be ran 12 weeks

Thanks Saiyan, I appreciate it :)

Hi Rick,

I’ve been doing more reading and seems like GW is what I should really be taking. I’ve heard the results are noticeable quite quickly.

Does Dylan have his video about debunking the GW cancer connection on this site somewhere. All the links I’ve clicked on were connected to his prior YouTube channel.

i did but it was removed from youtube... it will be back up on the other video site at some point...

So what’s the basis of your argument that GW doesn’t cause cancer? If the video isn’t available are you able to provide a few brief dot points outlining what you cover in the video?

i worked on an article with several others many years ago... here's part of it...

Arguments for CancerRodent Studies

In just about every thread you can find about the use of GW-501516 (GW or Cardarine) in humans, somebody always feels the need say it causes cancer. This is mainly based on a study in which rodents who were subjected to GW developed cancer during the clinical trials, which is partially true. Though, the information these people tend to leave out is under what conditions were these rodents developed cancer during the study. This argument is either because they are repeating something they read online, or realized if they cited the actually study their argument would lose all validity. The study, that is so often referred to, subjected rats to supraphysiological dosages of 10mg/kg of body, or to put that in perspective, a 200lb man (roughly 90 kg) dosing around 900mgs of GW-501516 per day. These doses defy any sensible logic and, therefore, hold no standing at the suggested dosage of 20mg a day.The study cited above, rats were given the equivalent of a 900mgs dose of GW; this would be comparable to taking 14,625 mgs of aspirin per day. Usually, 325 mgs of aspirin is 1 dose (1 pill). This dose of aspirin could literally KILL you, forget cancer!

Flawed Testing Methods

Certain studies supporting the claim that GW causes cell proliferation in human cancer cell lines were flawed from the very beginning. These studies set out to prove an increase growth of cancer cells by estimating the number of cells using a method that tested for enzyme activity, increased activity would indicate more cells. The issue with this testing method is the very substance that they are testing with actually increases enzyme activity within cells. One can quickly see that judging cell proliferation by enzyme activity, while introducing a substance that increases enzyme activity, can give skewed results in regards to an increase in cells. Even if no increase in cells occurred, the increased enzyme activity could lead one to believe it had. In layman terms, it's like testing if your water is contaminated with bacteria by adding bacteria to it!Scientific Basis for the Link to Cancer

There are reports that claim GW-501516 increases carcinogenesis through a number of ways: increasing cell growth due to the inhibition of apoptosis (cell death), promoting cell proliferation (cell growth) by increasing cyclooxygenase-2 (COX2) and/or vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). These reports claim GW can lead to inhibition of apoptosis in human colon cancer cell lines; stimulate proliferation of human liver, breast, and prostate cancer cell lines; increases COX2 expression in human liver cancer cell lines and increased expression of VEGF in breast and colon cancer cell lines. Mainly, the reports link to the above mentioned flawed study done on rodents.

Arguments Against Cancer
Scientific Basis Against Link to Cancer

Although some reports do provide an argument for cancer, there are many other findings that are inconsistent with the viewpoint. For example, GW is an-501516 anti-inflammatory in many cell types; colon epithelium, macrophages, cardiomyocytes, immune cells, keratinocytes, myoblasts, endothelial cells, and hepatocytes. Evidence also suggest that GW-501516 (cardarine) promotes differentiation in intestinal epithelium, breast and colon cancer cell lines, trophoblasts and primary keratinocytes. This means it allows cells to become more specialized cells maintaining a natural limitation of certain cell types, without such a limitation, basic cells would run rampant invading areas they typically do not belong. GW has also been demonstrated inhibition of cell growth in a number of cells.Summary of arguments against cancer:

• GW is an anti-inflammatory in many cells
  • GW limits cancers
  • GW inhibits high cell growth
  • GW reduces cancer risks
Studies

A study was done in an attempt to discover why so many inconsistencies existed about GW. This study took three human colon cancer cell lines and two human liver cancer cell lines and tested using different models. Model 1, in the presence of or lack of serum, and, model 2, in the presence of or lack of GW, and studied them over culture period. The results were quantified using the Coulter Method, which is the gold standard of counting, to determine cell proliferation. Under the testing methods for this experiment, all five samples showed no changes in cell proliferation and failed to offer any evidence that PPARs such as GW increased cancer growth.

Nice. Funny how easily myths can spread in the bodybuilding community purely because someone believes another’s word without taking the time to truely educate themselves.

What’s the name of the study that you refer to at the end of the article?

Top Bottom