esarms.com
bannednutrition.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eating before the gym

Eating before the gym

What does everyone eat before the gym? Do u carb load, eat absolutely nothing, take just protein? I would like to know certain foods that are good for energy during intense workouts. And how long before the workout do u eat? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 hour pre WO 7.5 oz. of lean meat, 10 oz. of white potatoes.

Get to the gym, stretch and roll & down some simple sugars immediately before training.

This changes as needed.

I like eggs and maybe 1 slice of whole wheat toast... Really anything that's easy on my gut and not going to make me extremely bloated and uncomfortable.

I train on an empty stomach usually to try and take advantage of gh release, stimulate ghrelin and igf-1. All theoretical, but I do it. When I get to the gym I usually make a swift meal of people's admiration and awe. Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i like to eat a decent sized meal of anything 30 mins be4 gym. unless im cutting then itll be clean. I dont feel bloated and i feel like it gives me more energy. and some prefer to train fasted. try training after a small meal, big meal, fasted, see whats most comfortable for you and which makes you feel the best during your workout cause everyone reacts differently

Pheasant under glass…sometimes beef Wellington….Bottle of Dom…I live a certain lifestyle…..

I train early am, and about an hour before lifting I have a cup of oats, 2 whole eggs, and a cup of egg whites

Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery View Post
    Pheasant under glass…sometimes beef Wellington….Bottle of Dom…I live a certain lifestyle…..
    I love this dude.

So being theoretical, working out on an empty stomach maybe could be cycled once a week?

I prefer no closer than 1.5-2 hours before a workout. Your body uses its resources for digestion and sends blood to the organs to help as well so I like to give it time to digest and be in the blood stream for ready use as energy.