napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Natural Protiens vs Powders

MarkD

On this current run I have been trying to keep my consumed protiens from all natural food sources as opposed to shakes. I will maybe only have 1 shake post workout if st all. I feel as if my gains have been better, a little slower and tighter. How many of you guys have done this or have similar experiences? Any tips possibly.

Yes at least on my last cycle, which has been my best so far, I don't think I had one protein shake the whole season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some hate protein powders, some absolutely stand by them, i personally like them because there is scientific research behind them proving the protein quality is superior then most and high quality . but its all depends of preference, they are definitely not a necessity .

PHARMACOM Head Board Rep
http://pharmacomstore.org
Worldwide Pharmacom Labs Official Distributor since 2008
100% Shipping Success Rate
http://i.imgbox.com/W9MENydX.gif

some hate protein powders, some absolutely stand by them, i personally like them because there is scientific research behind them proving the protein quality is superior then most and high quality . but its all depends of preference, they are definitely not a necessity .

There is a lot of research backing it. Higher quality protien rating as opposed to eggs actually. The way I was looking at it is if barbarians and old school pre powder savages could do it, so could I. Also, powders have been making me feel a little bloated with the NPP.

I have always tried to keep shakes to a minimum, and I pretty much limit myself to one per day. They do help to supplement the extra protein when needed, but they should only be used as a supplement and not as a replacement for actual food sources....which are always going to be the best

PHARMACOM Head Board Rep
http://pharmacomstore.org
Worldwide Pharmacom Labs Official Distributor since 2008
100% Shipping Success Rate
http://i.imgbox.com/W9MENydX.gif

Depends on the powder though. Some sucks major ass.

its clearly not a good thing to depend on them as replacements to several meals but they do have a place... i have a post workout shake and another in the evening but i have always had tremendous experiences with them involved.. i have not used the at times and never saw any significant difference but as i said, if you were dependent upon them then that would be an entirely different story altogether..

i'd rather natural food. they dont have to put a single gram of protein in there but can claim whatever they want because there is zero regulation. there was a study (i'll try to find it) where they took 10 BIG NAME supplement companies (optimum nutrition and cellucor are 2 i remember) and they tested for bcaa content, and ALL of them were severly underdosing, i'm talking half dosing. the best one was somewhere around 70% of what they claimed. i haven't had a shake this year and i've made more progress than i have the previous 3 combined.

i'd rather natural food. they dont have to put a single gram of protein in there but can claim whatever they want because there is zero regulation. there was a study (i'll try to find it) where they took 10 BIG NAME supplement companies (optimum nutrition and cellucor are 2 i remember) and they tested for bcaa content, and ALL of them were severly underdosing, i'm talking half dosing. the best one was somewhere around 70% of what they claimed. i haven't had a shake this year and i've made more progress than i have the previous 3 combined.
That's a good point, and exactly why it's so important to research carefully if you decide to use protein powders

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Yup, not regulated by the FDA and who knows what you're getting.

There are some legit companies out there tho.

Personally I have munch better results with solid food.

very good points... i have been making it a point to call out Optimum Nutrition for years on having horrible quality protein... i know this for a fact, long before any studies and trust me, they are not the only ones... everything thinks all proteins are somehow created equal and this is absurd and completely false... great points bro...

Agreed. It's a disgusting trick. Have you heard of Marc Lobliner? Check out the Tiger Tested page on tigerfitness.com and they show the exact breakdown of a few of their products.

Pm me for Robolics GAINS!

Agreed. It's a disgusting trick. Have you heard of Marc Lobliner? Check out the Tiger Tested page on tigerfitness.com and they show the exact breakdown of a few of their products.

Yes they do, and its one of the reasons I use their protein, the MTS whey. Theirs is lab tested and certified with zero amino spiking. Good tasting too

Yes they do, and its one of the reasons I use their protein, the MTS whey. Theirs is lab tested and certified with zero amino spiking. Good tasting too

I just ordered the peanut butter fluff. The cookies and cream carb 10. And the vasky preworkout.
20% off until midnight tonight.

I just ordered the peanut butter fluff. The cookies and cream carb 10. And the vasky preworkout.
20% off until midnight tonight.

i haven't tried mts before but it does look great... let me know how you like those flavors... especially the peanut butter fluff...

You can drink egg whites. I used to mix my protein powder with pastuerized egg whites. But I am iffy with that. Not sure if the heat from pasturizing the egg whites is enough to break the avidin bond for full absorption.

I've always seen ON as being an absolute horrible company. Cheap and crappy ingredients.

well, when it first came out, my selling point for there protein was the mixability. I used to put 4 scoops of whey which is over 80 grams in a little water bottle, shake it up and people were shocked it mixed. And I was able to eat solid food on top of that. so it worked for me. There original diet boost, I would sell that over xenadrine and hydroxycut bc we made a bigger margin and people lost a lot of weight with optimum diet boost. some are a fan, others are not.

Top Bottom