napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

MK677 and Hypoglycemia

DylanGemelli

Founding Member
Super Moderator
I see this being stated far too often to not address it. Individuals will be talking about MK-677, and talking about how it is affecting their blood sugar and causing them to go hypoglycemic.

I’m going to put this to rest.

MK-677 DOES NOT Cause Hypoglycemia

I can see how many individuals would conclude that MK-677 is causing them to go hypo, because it literally brings on the exact same feeling that very low blood sugar brings on.

Shakiness, sweating, severe hunger, anxiety, etc.
The thing is, with MK-677 is it doesn’t drop your blood sugar; rather, it slightly increases it.
MK-677 is most commonly known as a potent growth hormone secretagogue.
However, one commonly overlooked trait of MK-677 is the fact that it is an oral ghrelin mimetic.

What Is Ghrelin Exactly?

Ghrelin is also known as the “hunger hormone.” It is a peptide that is secreted by your stomach that stimulates your appetite. When your stomach is empty, Ghrelin is produced to signal to your brain that you are hungry and need to eat. As you would expect, Ghrelin levels are high before meals, and low after finishing meals. This is how your body regulates its’ appetite and knows when to eat and when to stop eating. With growth hormone releasing peptides (GHRP’s) and growth hormone secretagogues (like MK-677) they function by stimulating the pituitary gland to pulse out GH.
However, with these GHRP’s and MK-677, they also have a very significant effect on Ghrelin. The most notable being GHRP-6 and MK-677. These are both notorious as appetite stimulating compounds. The reason why this is has nothing to do with them dropping your blood sugar lower and making you more hungry, rather, it has to do with the fact that they significantly increase ghrelin levels more than any of the other GHRP’s. The result of this is a massive spike in hunger, resembling the symptoms very closely of hypoglycemia. The effect on blood sugar levels is actually completely contradictory to what most are thinking is occurring in their body.

In one of the most popular and notable studies on MK-677, you will find that they actually observed its’ effect on blood sugar levels in the body after continuous use, and it was determined that “Fasting blood glucose level increased an average of 0.3 mmol/L (5 mg/dL) in the MK-677 group (P = 0.015), and insulin sensitivity decreased.”

You can read this study for yourself here:
Effects of an oral ghrelin mimetic on body composition and clinical outcomes in healthy older adults: a randomized trial.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18981485

The point of me addressing this is more so to dispel a common myth surrounding MK-677, as well as to inform you about how it actually is working in your body and the mechanism of action behind the hunger response.

Excellent information Dylan. Glad to see this common misconception cleared up and put to rest

your welcome guys... i hope this helps to clear some things up... ive been getting asked more and more about this.. im going to do a video on it and also discuss hypoglycemia with igf1 use...

Great read... I was always afraid to try 677 since I believe I have insulin sensitivity. Looks like I read the study wrong since I though it would make my condition worse.

Great read... I was always afraid to try 677 since I believe I have insulin sensitivity. Looks like I read the study wrong since I though it would make my condition worse.
its far different from igf1, which carries this concern... i will be doing a video on this topic this week so it will be published soon... it will be of huge interest...

The why doesnt matter, but if it makes you feel like crap, you still feel like crap. Whether actual hypoglycemia, or not.

The why doesnt matter, but if it makes you feel like crap, you still feel like crap. Whether actual hypoglycemia, or not.
it is a big deal dude... people ask DAILY about hypoglycemia and 677, so yeah, its a very big deal to explain that it does not cause it and it does not make everyone feel like crap or noone would use it... that doesnt even make sense

Top Bottom