napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

mk677 and dextrose

TheBill

mk677 hyperglycemia

Hi. First time posting but I've been following posts here for the past month and value any input to help me with my experimentation. I am about to begin my first use of mk677 and I've read many studies and anecdotal experiences regarding its decrease in insulin sensitivity, increase of fasting blood glucose. From what I've gathered it's not much of a concern with a healthy diet consisting of low GI carbs. I however have been using dextrose powder in a pre and post workout shake which consists of 1g dextrose + 0.5g whey protein per kg body weight which I drink half pre and half post workout. My question is whether the dextrose which is obviously a very high GI carb will be problematic while taking mk677. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
Yeah I've taken Dylans advice. Thanks for the information. I also bought a glucose meter as a precaution. I've been taking mk-677 for 12 days now and I have been using the dextrose only post workout. My fasted blood glucose levels are about 90 so all is good so far on that front. I do plan on using the mk for a long term cycle. Perhaps a year. I'll keep measuring my bg levels periodically.

Test your blood every few hours with a blood glucose meter.

What would I be looking for if I test every few hours? I'm under the impression it would only tell me the glycemic load of whatever I had eaten recently. Are there certain parameters that blood glucose should stay within even after eating?

MK-677 can raise blood glucose levels even significantly in some. You need to make sure your blood sugar is not already elevated before adding any dextrose.

I understand this which is why I've been testing my fasting blood glucose every morning when I wake up. I'm curious as to why you suggest to test every few hours since food is going to raise blood glucose levels.

To see if if you're becoming insulin resistant.

It won't happen right away but after a while MK-677 and HGH can make you insulin resistant.

Throw some dextrose on top of that without knowing what's going on you're just adding to the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a few tests today. When I woke up my bg was 95. I ate an hour later than an hour and a half after that I did my workout. Right after the workout my bg was at 92. I then took about 40 grams of dextrose along with protein. After 15-20 minutes I tested again and bg was 138. I'll test again in a little bit to see how quickly my bg levels come back down.

Let me address the elephant in the room. Perhaps I should just give up the dextrose? I feel it makes my post workout recovery better but if it's an added risk factor then I can go without. Any good tips on a quick energy post workout food/shake that I could substitute for it?

Let me address the elephant in the room. Perhaps I should just give up the dextrose? I feel it makes my post workout recovery better but if it's an added risk factor then I can go without. Any good tips on a quick energy post workout food/shake that I could substitute for it?
I'd go with a whole food meal if possible. Protein and complex carbs

My standard daily shake it is haha. You all have been very helpful. Thank you for making me feel welcomed on this forum.

Top Bottom