domestic-supply.com        sarms.forsale
bannednutrition.com
sarms.forsale
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metformin May extend life?

Metformin May extend life?

I just saw a documentary that said it extends life span in worms and mice. Possible effect on mitochondria?

Quote Originally Posted by JackSteel View Post
    I just saw a documentary that said it extends life span in worms and mice. Possible effect on mitochondria?
    seems like some Doctors are already using it for this purpose
    https://antiaging-systems.com/articl...ight-loss-drug

Quote Originally Posted by JackSteel View Post
    I've been using it for a couple years because of that reason. 2000 mg a day!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPackage View Post
    I've been using it for a couple years because of that reason. 2000 mg a day!

There is speculation on the mitochondria, I just make sure I take enough l citrulline to counter that.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPackage View Post
    There is speculation on the mitochondria, I just make sure I take enough l citrulline to counter that.

Is it a bad affect? What does citrulline do?

Citrulline is an amino acid precursor to L-arginine which improves circulation and lowers BP.

Endure
    What about Berberine?

Quote Originally Posted by ComstockZero View Post
    Citrulline is an amino acid precursor to L-arginine which improves circulation and lowers BP.
    Why would that effect mitochondria though?

Sorry I'm just now getting back on this guys...........for me I love what I read about the benefits of Metformin..........so I take 2000 mg a day. The newer studies do show Metformin can have an adverse effect on Mitochondria. Mitochondria and ATP are simialar...........energy stores in the cells. L Citrulline can help with this through it's NO (Nitric Oxide) function...........also Creatine can help too with ATP. A lot here to consider.......for me I'm borderline pre-diabetic.........TRT and Metformin has helped keep my A1c in the 5.4 to 5.6 range. When you have time google "The many wonders of Metformin", "Metformin's effect on Mitochondria" "L Cittruline and Mitochondria", "Creatine and ATP".

Endure
    ^ Have you tried Berberine for comparison? Just curious as many claim the same benefits minus some of the metformin sides.