napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Memorial Day

ibleedoranbla

Well, tomorrow is a big holiday. One most of the country will partake in; remembering all the loved ones that have since moved on by cooking out, drinking alcohol, spending time with family and friends and enjoying the beautiful weather most of this country has been waiting on. Holidays like this can be a huge burden on people like us. It's hard to resist the temptations of all the things I love; food and beer I'm referring to, lol. However, I'll be working tomorrow on the holiday and resuming my normal training after work. No extra curricular activities for me, it's best that way.

What is everyone's plans? Are you going to let loose a little and enjoy the holiday or are you going to abstain?

How do you guys and gals feel about holidays like this? Do they feel like a huge burden to you or do you embrace them?

I will have some steaks on the grill, no drinking, not into that much, hanging with my wife, kids, and whoever else wants to drop by.

Re: RE: Re: Memorial Day

PAYRION said:
I will have some steaks on the grill, no drinking, not into that much, hanging with my wife, kids, and whoever else wants to drop by.
That sounds like a good time and exactly what I would do if I didn't have to work. Also, it's dead lift day, can't miss that.

I won't be doing anything special that day. It is a day off from work for me, which is enough for me. I will be hitting cardio at home since my gym is closed, and clean eating all day, with some steaks on the grill in the evening. Then spending time with the wife and kids for the remainder of the day. That's everything I need right there, and of course remembering those that have served and gave the ultimate sacrifice for this country, and thanking everyone I can living that has served or does serve to keep our great country what it is

RickRock said:
I won't be doing anything special that day. It is a day off from work for me, which is enough for me. I will be hitting cardio at home since my gym is closed, and clean eating all day, with some steaks on the grill in the evening. Then spending time with the wife and kids for the remainder of the day. That's everything I need right there, and of course remembering those that have served and gave the ultimate sacrifice for this country, and thanking everyone I can living that has served or does serve to keep our great country what it is
That does sound like a good time, Rick. Spending quality time with your kids is probably one of the best benefits you could have in life. I would be happy just with the day off myself but I like gainz in my wallet just as much as my biceps, lol.

I bartend on night a week, which happens to be Monday night, at the best strip club in Cali and one of the best anywhere. I'll be surrounded by tits and ass.

TheSVPdeal said:
I bartend on night a week, which happens to be Monday night, at the best strip club in Cali and one of the best anywhere. I'll be surrounded by tits and ass.
Oh woe is you, haha.

Day off from work for me as well. Def be thinking about all those who lost their lives for our freedoms. And i use that term very loosely because we are slowly having our freedom taken back.

But ill be taking it easy. No drinking for me. Ever! Ill be spending some of the day preparing my meals for the week. Then training later on.
Pretty simple day for me.

JM750 said:
Day off from work for me as well. Def be thinking about all those who lost their lives for our freedoms. And i use that term very loosely because we are slowly having our freedom taken back.

But ill be taking it easy. No drinking for me. Ever! Ill be spending some of the day preparing my meals for the week. Then training later on.
Pretty simple day for me.
And that my friend is what it's all about.

3eeff3bb2f717c287fbf4a8584d064d8.jpg

Never forgotten: Tyler Juden (left), Zach Tellier (right)

cf1bee2c0c8e05cc7efa07192762ffff.jpg

Travis Mills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh shit man. Seeing that shit pisses me off. Not that you posted them. Seeing our guys get hurt like that kills me

JackSteel said:
3eeff3bb2f717c287fbf4a8584d064d8.jpg

Never forgotten: Tyler Juden (left), Zach Tellier (right)

cf1bee2c0c8e05cc7efa07192762ffff.jpg

Travis Mills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this right here, is WHY we remember. Memorial Day isn't about grilling out, having some beers, or a day off from work. It's about guys like this. Thanks for sharing Jack

I literally get teary eyed when i see that stuff. These guys dont get enough recognition. When our men came back from Vietnam, they were fucking spit on!

None of these guys should ever have to work another day in their lives.

JM750 said:
I literally get teary eyed when i see that stuff. These guys dont get enough recognition. When our men came back from Vietnam, they were fucking spit on!

None of these guys should ever have to work another day in their lives.

I couldn't agree more brother. It's messed up when our heroes are treated so poorly, and I can't stand it when I see it

And not all wounds are visible. There is definitely more that we can do and should do.

If I remember correctly, aren't you a vet JackSteel? We truly owe you a thank you!!

As for the day, my little girls and I will watch the parade and the march to the cemetery here in town. I'll probably spend some extra time at the gym and get mentally ready for the last three days of school. The kids are going to be crazy (5th graders) and luckily all of the testing done for the year. Probably have some kickball tournaments and things like that.

It's nice to see a group of people recognize a holiday for what it is and not just another excuse to party.

I'm not big on holidays for that very reason. Holidays now days have just lost their meaning and have become way to hypocritical.

ibleedoranbla said:
It's nice to see a group of people recognize a holiday for what it is and not just another excuse to party.

I'm not big on holidays for that very reason. Holidays now days have just lost their meaning and have become way to hypocritical.

So true brother. Ive never been to any memorial day cook out where anyone offered a moment of silence for these ppl. You can bet if i hosted one. That would def be part of my plan

Top Bottom