napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Meat and potatoes DIET

Dayton625

Hello and thank you in advance.
I have decided to stop screwing around and get serious about my workouts and hope some of you maybe able to help and relay your knowledge. I first am pretty clueless on dieting and would greatly appreciate being pointed to any info that I could read up on that would include on figuring out the correct numbers of proteins, fats, and carbs to reach goals and adjust for future
2nd and this is the big one I am not a bid Veggie or fruit eating guy. In fact it is a real show stopper. I can eat salads, corn, and if they are real fresh string beans but that's pretty much the extent of singled out vegetables. Is there supplements that I can take to help out in this area or any advice from you experts would be more than greatly appreciated. Please no get over it answers cause it is a serious problem for me and I am really wanting to create a full program rather than half ass it.
Thank you so much for your time guys and gals

You kinda answered your own question when yo tell us you don't want to get"OVER IT"
What should we suggest then if you are unwilling to change your diet..

Have you ever had baked squash/sweet potatoes? they are unreal when cooked this way, that would be one way to introduce some veggies as well as THE best complex carbs you can eat..

You can add healthy fats from olive oil/coconut oil/avocado oil and NEVER even know they were added to your food.

Whey protein as a last option to supplement your WHOLE food diet as another protein source.

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry at all man. You can get PLENTY of fiber from green beans and potatoes (go for sweet potatoes if you are cutting). Salad is also a great source of fiber. I don't use ranch, I use avacado to top my salads (made of Spinage and kale, but I bet it would be good on lettuce too. That's pretty much all you need buddy. Throw in a good multi vitamin and adequate protein and you are set.

No one can tell you what macros to use, you have to find out what works best for you, everyone is different. I used to do low carb for cutting, it worked great. Then I tried a high carb high protein diet, it worked better. The most important thing is to eat REAL food. Like meat and potatoes. For a long time chicken, sweet potatoes, white potstoes and eggs, fruit, and peanut butter was all I ate. Literally nothing else. Lost 110 lbs on that diet as a fatty. Never seen that weight again.

No I never tried sweet potatoes so I am game for that. I am sorry for coming across that I am not willing to change it is things like beans, broccoli, and other greens that I have no taste for and textures is another wall I hit. For example: I can eat carrots all day raw, cook them and I done. Would love to find out first what is the proper diet for recompistion, bulking, and cutting. To be honest I really don't know all the terminology that you experienced guys use when I ones to numbers and ratios but I guess everyone started where I am now. Willing to read anything on the subject
Thanks for you response

I eat a lot of the same foods day in and day out....as long as you get a decent mix of protein/carbs/fats you will be fine.
As SDking said....I lost 70 pounds eating chicken/eggs/broccoli/sweet potatoes..protein shakes...

No I never tried sweet potatoes so I am game for that. I am sorry for coming across that I am not willing to change it is things like beans, broccoli, and other greens that I have no taste for and textures is another wall I hit. For example: I can eat carrots all day raw, cook them and I done. Would love to find out first what is the proper diet for recompistion, bulking, and cutting. To be honest I really don't know all the terminology that you experienced guys use when I ones to numbers and ratios but I guess everyone started where I am now. Willing to read anything on the subject
Thanks for you response

Then eat them raw bro! They're more nutritious that way anyway! Cooking foods destroys some if not lots of the natural enzymes and vitamins in foods and there is no better way to consume veggies than completely raw.

Get some organic ranch dressing or salad dressing and just dip your veggies like an appetizer. That's I how get most of mine. OR you can buy cold pressed natural vegetable juices or organic V8 type juices. Cold pressed juice retains more nutrients though.

Ask me about Phurious Pharma!
[email protected]
Use code 'JS5' for 5% off any order!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all of your help, I feel much better about the subject in just that short time. I really thought that the diet was this crazy number for number and fall off one point and I'm screwed. Nice to hear that I can live within my walls and not short any gains. Again thank you for all your comments and help. Good luck to all of you

Just a tip with sweet patatoes baking yaste better but it actually tripples the glycemic index they pretty much turn into sugar but boild or steamed they stay a low gi carb source . i like too mash them with protien powder pb2 and cinnoman and stevia and make a desert its really good youll like that

Just a tip with sweet patatoes baking yaste better but it actually tripples the glycemic index they pretty much turn into sugar but boild or steamed they stay a low gi carb source . i like too mash them with protien powder pb2 and cinnoman and stevia and make a desert its really good youll like that

How can that be? Sweet potatoes are low GI because of the fiber and slower digestion mainly I thought.

Cooking alters the structure of things just like processing whole oats versus instant same thing anything you do too make it digest faster means blood sugar rises quicker . ever notice when you bake them they ooze with that brown sugar paste and almost taste carmelized.google it bro

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

I not only research this stuff I test it out . eat a baked one that weighs exactly 8 oz and use a glucometer too measure blood sugar . then next day same conditions eat a boiled one check blood sugar again youll see

Cooking alters the structure of things just like processing whole oats versus instant same thing anything you do too make it digest faster means blood sugar rises quicker . ever notice when you bake them they ooze with that brown sugar paste and almost taste carmelized.google it bro

That's true. I'm not saying you're wrong I'm just asking.

What are your stats and what is your goal? Dieting to bulk, or to cut?

Not one of them, but we have a couple other guys on here that aren't big veg guys. Surely they'll have some tips.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Low GI foods still have a sugar value and will raise (not spike) your bs some, but it's nothing to be concerned about, unless you have diabetes or some other blood sugar issue. Eat anything with a sugar value and check your blood, of course your blood sugar goes up. This isn't a bad thing. What matters is how high it rises and what the sugar source is. Kinda like how you can take in over 200g natural sugar a day and be fine, but the second you have a bar with 21g added, you're fucked for the day.

Ima test out this sweet potato thing though. I bake them all the time. Very curious.

Last edited:
Low GI foods still have a sugar value and will raise (not spike) your bs some, but it's nothing to be concerned about, unless you have diabetes or some other blood sugar issue. Eat anything with a sugar value and check your blood, of course your blood sugar goes up. This isn't a bad thing. What matters is how high it rises and what the sugar source is. Kinda like how you can take in over 200g natural sugar a day and be fine, but the second you have a bar with 21g added, you're fucked for the day.

Ima test out this sweet potato thing though. I bake them all the time. Very curious.

Yes everything makes it go up the point I was making is one way makes it go up more than others depending on goals and personal sensitivy too carbs amd or insulin sensitivity this may be a better option for some .were all differemt my best friend eats 300 grams of carbs a day 4 weeks out and gets on stage peeled I cam bulk on that you have too know ypur own body

Hello and thank you in advance.
I have decided to stop screwing around and get serious about my workouts and hope some of you maybe able to help and relay your knowledge. I first am pretty clueless on dieting and would greatly appreciate being pointed to any info that I could read up on that would include on figuring out the correct numbers of proteins, fats, and carbs to reach goals and adjust for future
2nd and this is the big one I am not a bid Veggie or fruit eating guy. In fact it is a real show stopper. I can eat salads, corn, and if they are real fresh string beans but that's pretty much the extent of singled out vegetables. Is there supplements that I can take to help out in this area or any advice from you experts would be more than greatly appreciated. Please no get over it answers cause it is a serious problem for me and I am really wanting to create a full program rather than half ass it.
Thank you so much for your time guys and gals

Read the sticky by rickrock on nutrition 101. You sound like you could do well on a Southbeach or a keto diet, or even Sugar Busters.Read up on Lyle McDonald, Mario diPasquale. Don't try zero carbs but try low carbs. Carbs such as oatmeal, sweet taters,salads with all of the veggies you can find and like.

I am assuming you want to loose weight. So start your macro count by going 1 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight. Then based on the sticky by rock rock you calculate carbs and fats. You do not have to eat what you don't like.Eating should be a pleasure and if it isn't then it is neither filling or fulfilling.

You will also find when eating in a defict as hunger rises and you cut out sugars and excess fats your taste buds will change and youll be more open too things that werent appetizing before

Top Bottom