napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Meal replacement

js007q

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.. It seems you don't hear much about meal replacement shakes any more. Can anybody recommend a good one? Lean Body tastes great but the serving doesn't make very much so it only fills me up for about an hour or 2. Met-RX is like drinking a half gallon of cake batter.. quite the opposite. haha

you probably are not going to find too many people telling you to replace food with shakes at all... those are both pretty lame ass brands... if you want something of actual quality, go to true nutrition and create your own

The problem with shit like that is all the crap they put in them. There are a few out there that are said to be made from freeze dried whole foods. If you have to pick something go that route. But like Dylan said why not just make your own out of actual food?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I see very very few occasions when meal replacement should be used. Only in a severe emergency.

You guys need to learn to start doing meal prep. Prep your food, store in tupperware, invest the freakin $9 in a cooler. NEVER leave the house without the required number of meals that you need before you'll be home

I’m not exactly sure of your question. Anything other than food, like a bar or protein shake are considered meal replacements. Like EZ said, learn to meal prep. I work M-F and I meal prep on Sunday for my entire work week. But if you want a replacement shake, create your own like I do. I use almond milk, protein powder, whole blueberries and bananas, sometimes add PB or oats. You can’t take these with you, as you need to drink it immediately after making it. But if you’re looking for a product like a bar or shake that you can carry with you. You’ll need to do research on the bar or shake. Look at the ingredients and nutrition facts. Keep in mind most bars are like candy bars, and shakes don’t usually taste good.

i mean, i eat quest bars on the way to the gym to get extra protein in before my workout with eating a meal and to actually have one thing during the day that tricks me into thinking i have some sort of chocolate etc... but i would not be using meal replacements too often... just as needed or to add in extra calories and protein for convenience...

truenutrition will allow you to create your own custom blends to whatever your liking is... they are a bit pricier but well worth it for what you get

No guys I understand, real food is always best. But it's nice to get some extra protein in your system when you are on the go all the time. Thanks for the tip on truenutrition. Those blends look promising.

no problem bro... i always design my own there... they have excellent quality and a ton of options.. im not lactose intolerant or anything but there's great option for those types and for any type that you want...

Why not just blend your own shakes if you are looking for a certain macro? Get some protein powder, milk, greek yogurt, nut butter, bananas, oats etc. throw them in as you see fit.

Why not just blend your own shakes if you are looking for a certain macro? Get some protein powder, milk, greek yogurt, nut butter, bananas, oats etc. throw them in as you see fit.
its completely fine to have the convenience of a powder.. sometimes people want something quick on the go... we all use them at some point... you just dont depend on them but once a day is completely fine, its when people have them 4 and 5 times a day its an issue but hes completely fine to have something for on the go... i DONT like it when everyone acts like people should NEVER use them... so many guys make those kinds of comments... i throughly agree not to depend on them but shit, there is a fine line where some advice gets ridiculous how people act like you just cant use them either...

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.. It seems you don't hear much about meal replacement shakes any more. Can anybody recommend a good one? Lean Body tastes great but the serving doesn't make very much so it only fills me up for about an hour or 2. Met-RX is like drinking a half gallon of cake batter.. quite the opposite. haha

Eat wholesome food buddy. I have so many protein powders that are in my closet I use them to store my needles lol. I never use any shakes anymore I EZ says prepare your meals. Be prepared or prepare to fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom