napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Marijuana

Can marijuana or smoking affect muscle growth ?

Now THIS is my area of expertise. I research Cannabinoids at large as well as for my thesis on their effects.

Yes, Cannabinoids have been shown to produce negative growth changes in skeletal muscle cells in vitro in mammals, for a short duration of time and in a transient effect.
Essentially the cause a slowing of the electro-mechanical coupling(1), which is a fancy way of saying - slowing down the tim it takes the nerve signal to produce contraction (electro=nerve; mechanical=muscle)

References
(1)Cannabinoid signalling inhibits sarcoplasmic Ca2+ release and regulates excitation-contraction coupling in mammalian skeletal muscle./ Oláh T1, Bodnár D1, Tóth A1, Vincze J1, Fodor J1, Reischl B2, Kovács A1, Ruzsnavszky O1, Dienes B1, Szentesi P1, Friedrich O2, Csernoch L3. / Journal of Physiology (2016)

Now THIS is my area of expertise. I research Cannabinoids at large as well as for my thesis on their effects.

Yes, Cannabinoids have been shown to produce negative growth changes in skeletal muscle cells in vitro in mammals, for a short duration of time and in a transient effect.
Essentially the cause a slowing of the electro-mechanical coupling(1), which is a fancy way of saying - slowing down the tim it takes the nerve signal to produce contraction (electro=nerve; mechanical=muscle)

References
(1)Cannabinoid signalling inhibits sarcoplasmic Ca2+ release and regulates excitation-contraction coupling in mammalian skeletal muscle./ Oláh T1, Bodnár D1, Tóth A1, Vincze J1, Fodor J1, Reischl B2, Kovács A1, Ruzsnavszky O1, Dienes B1, Szentesi P1, Friedrich O2, Csernoch L3. / Journal of Physiology (2016)

very kool, thanks...

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally into weed, there's just a way to do it with minimal sacrifice to muscle function.

I don't drink, don't do smokes, but weed I wouldn't give up for the world.

same, i smoke MJ daily. I drink only a few times out the year if on vacation and do not smoke cigarettes/cigars. MJ gives me a good 30-60 minutes where i can push a bit further than i would be able to without, seems to be exactly what you mention in regards to slowing down the time it takes the nerve signal to produce contraction

same, i smoke MJ daily. I drink only a few times out the year if on vacation and do not smoke cigarettes/cigars. MJ gives me a good 30-60 minutes where i can push a bit further than i would be able to without, seems to be exactly what you mention in regards to slowing down the time it takes the nerve signal to produce contraction

Theoretically that could work in your benefit if you don't binge. Me, myself - a bit of a puff and I binge like a post hibernation pterodactyl on a period after a break up. But maybe that's because I hardly ever puff. Still my fav

Theoretically that could work in your benefit if you don't binge. Me, myself - a bit of a puff and I binge like a post hibernation pterodactyl on a period after a break up. But maybe that's because I hardly ever puff. Still my fav

all day, everyday bro lol. 20+ years

No smoking for me of any sort, being a deep water technical diver, my lungs are too important to risk.

Top Bottom