napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Macros and protein synthesis

RussellsMuscles

I am 19 y/o looking to gain muscle. I train hard as hell and lift things on a farm for a living. This is my macros:

Training day macros

304 G protein
507 g carbs
90 g fats

Non training

Protein= 406
Carbs= 304
Fats- 125

I got this from bodybuilding.com. My thing is that people say ur body only digest 30 g of protein in one sitting. That would mean I'd have to eat like 10 meals a day! I'm confused can't I just eat like 40-60 g of protein a meal x 5 or 6 meals a day

Protien absorbstion has no specif number so any one is going to be wrong . maybe a specific percentage based on total lean body mass.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

But no way is 120 lb woman and 270 lbs enhanced bodybuilder going too absorb the same amount

another factor is digestion so that's ludicrous also if you eat 8 oz of steak it will take almost a day for it too digest you will like absorb it all during that time . whereas 60 grams of hydrolized whey isolate may spike your blood sugar because it digest so fast it was converted too glucos

another factor is digestion so that's ludicrous also if you eat 8 oz of steak it will take almost a day for it too digest you will like absorb it all during that time . whereas 60 grams of hydrolized whey isolate may spike your blood sugar because it digest so fast it was converted too glucos

This is why that 30g protien per meal/hour is total BS

I am 19 y/o looking to gain muscle. I train hard as hell and lift things on a farm for a living. This is my macros:

Training day macros

304 G protein
507 g carbs
90 g fats

Non training

Protein= 406
Carbs= 304
Fats- 125

I got this from bodybuilding.com. My thing is that people say ur body only digest 30 g of protein in one sitting. That would mean I'd have to eat like 10 meals a day! I'm confused can't I just eat like 40-60 g of protein a meal x 5 or 6 meals a day
Hey dude you only weigh 150lbs at 5'8. Dont you think that might be waaay too many calories especially carbs?

Where in the world are you getting this information? Do you realise that is a total of 4200 calories? Have you ever eaten this many calories before?

Last edited:
I am 6 foot 1 180 lbs. I am still hungry even eating that much food. I am still growing. I got that amount of macros from bodybuilding.com has a generator.

I am 6 foot 1 180 lbs. I am still hungry even eating that much food. I am still growing. I got that amount of macros from bodybuilding.com has a generator.
Start your own dont just jump on this guys thread, its not very nice. I almost confused you with the OP.

I am 6'0 maybe a little taller than that but last I was measured it was 6'0. I was 190 pounds 2 weeks ago but I dropped down to 178 and have built a lot of muscle so far my strength is improving every day. I am at the point where I'm pretty much below 10% body fat and I wanna gain muscle while not gaining fat. I am also going to start using S-4.

Wow WTF my tapatalk must be completely screwed. I swear i went into your profile and read your other thread which also included your stats which said 178 cm and 150lbs. Tapatalk must have somehow opened a different thread...
Sorry for the confusion

it is a lot of protein to be eating some days i can barely fit it in. do u think these macros are okay? and also how many meals should i be eating at how many grams of protein per sitting?

Im no expert but anyone who has done this for a while can tell you that 4200 cals is just ridiculous even if you are 190 lbs and under 10%

You need to figure out your maintenance calories and work from there, since you want to put on muscle starting with a surplus of 500 calories and working your way up is way better than eating 4200 cals right out the gate.

Do you have any idea how difficult it would be to consume 4200 cals in whole foods a day? That is 8 meals of 525 calories each. Or 4 meals of 1050 Cals. Sounds like a fast track to bloatville.

Im no expert but anyone who has done this for a while can tell you that 4200 cals is just ridiculous even if you are 190 lbs and under 10%

You need to figure out your maintenance calories and work from there, since you want to put on muscle starting with a surplus of 500 calories and working your way up is way better than eating 4200 cals right out the gate.

Do you have any idea how difficult it would be to consume 4200 cals in whole foods a day? That is 8 meals of 525 calories each. Or 4 meals of 1050 Cals. Sounds like a fast track to bloatville.

Eating 3550 calories cleanly is a fucking chore/2nd job.... lmao 4200, kill me please.

Eating 3550 calories cleanly is a fucking chore/2nd job.... lmao 4200, kill me please.
Yea that's why i said that goal is fucking ridiculous lol. Not only would you get arthritis in your jaw but he would probably get fat too...I dont even think the 44 eats that much.

Top Bottom