napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Low Estradiol and high SHBG

Neo

Hi,

I need some advice on how to handle the following. I'm 55 years old and my problem is low libido. I'm working out frequently and i'm in very good shape and i feel great except for the libido thing.

I am not on any cycle and i have not ever been either. So all the values are totally natural.

I finally moved to Thailand to retire so i started off with some blood tests to see my levels.
I have asked the question here before and got the advice to take only Proviron to lower my high SHBG

But now i got all confused since my Estradiol levels were very low and taking only Proviron could probably lower them even more?

My values came back at:

Estradiol: 11.4 pg/ml
SHBG: 101 nmol/L
Albumin: 4.6 g/dl
Testosterone: 852 ng/dl
Free T: 8.27 ng/dl
Bioav T: 207 ng/dl

Should i take T injections and Proviron without any AI so the E levels go up and then test myself again in maybe 7-8 weeks or would some other cycle be recommended? Like I said, i'm confused...

I can get my hands on pretty much everything here in Thailand over the counter, and i'm ready to try whatever advice you can give me.

I would really appreciate all advice..

/ Neo

no you should not use testosterone for this whatsoever... thats just ignorant man... your test levels are excellent for your age... dont be absurd... proviron is not an ai... it has ai properties but is certainly not an ai on its own... there are foods that you could incorporate to help get estrogen levels higher but some people just naturally have lower estrogen...

no you should not use testosterone for this whatsoever... thats just ignorant man... your test levels are excellent for your age... dont be absurd... proviron is not an ai... it has ai properties but is certainly not an ai on its own... there are foods that you could incorporate to help get estrogen levels higher but some people just naturally have lower estrogen...

Thanks for the answer!

So you think it's ok for me to take only Proviron to lower my SHBG?

/ Neo

You may find that reduced SHBG increases estrodial levels. If not, it doesn’t matter. If you aren’t experiencing side effects, you probably function just fine on those estrogen levels. The range is based on averages.
On why some do better on lower estrogen levels I’m not sure. I’m like you and function well on below average estrogen levels. It could be affected by receptor density, maybe our estrogen receptor density is low. There hasn’t really been research into it, other than noting that there are hypo, hyper, and normal responders to estrogen, testosterone, and anabolics.

Sounds like you are fine to do a Proviron only cycle I wish I had your test levels tho dang in the 800s that is awsome. Like Dylan said Proviron has estrogen controlling properties but is not an AI so you don’t need to worry about crashing your estrogen on Proviron. I am on Proviron only right now and I feel great and libido is very high(thumbs up)

Top Bottom