napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Losing weight whilst on Testosterone

knicksdun

I'm just curious how people's experiences have been.

If anyone has ever dieted to lose weight whilst natural, and also dieted to lose weight whilst on just testosterone: what were the differences? Was it much easier, did you have a lot more energy, if you could please just let me know your experience with both, and how they differed. Thank you

The only difference when on gear is that you will retain muscle while eating in a caloric deficit. Other than that, it makes no difference. Losing weight comes down to eating less calories than you burn every single day.

The only difference when on gear is that you will retain muscle while eating in a caloric deficit. Other than that, it makes no difference. Losing weight comes down to eating less calories than you burn every single day.

Thank you for your input, I know that a calorie deficit is necessary and is what causes the weight loss. What I meant was, is the calorie deficit as detrimental to your performance if using testosterone as apposed to not using it, thank you.

brother, are you being serious? obviously if you are using a performance enhancer you can get a way with more? im not sure if you are even being serious or not with that?

Are you talking about TRT levels of test or superphsiological levels? There's a distinct difference with both

Higher levels of test will obviously yield more benefits for muscle retention and building, better recovery, energy, etc...

I'm just curious how people's experiences have been.

If anyone has ever dieted to lose weight whilst natural, and also dieted to lose weight whilst on just testosterone: what were the differences? Was it much easier, did you have a lot more energy, if you could please just let me know your experience with both, and how they differed. Thank you

Not sure I know anyone that specifically used testosterone to lose weight, kind of more involved question. I can see using testosterone if you feel you have symptoms of low T where you're just not motivated to work out or rather don't have the physical energy. That diagnosis should be made by a qualified physician though. I can tell my experience... I lost about 90lbs natural and still felt run down no matter what I did. I found out my TEST was around 360 so I went on 125mg TEST/wk. It certainly helped my energy levels which in turn helped me continue to lose fat/build muscle.

I don't know where you're at in terms of fat. How much weight are you trying to lose? Either way, diet can also help raise your TEST levels giving you more energy to continue losing fat.

Using testosterone to lose weight is not a direct relationship... sure, it may help but diet is key. Then you need to watch out after cessation of the testosterone, it could all come back plus more. Happened to me because I tried to come off when in fact, I am better off on TRT. That's another huge, life-long commitment. Lots to think about but I wouldn't just use TEST to lose weight. Hope this helps a little.

Not sure I know anyone that specifically used testosterone to lose weight, kind of more involved question. I can see using testosterone if you feel you have symptoms of low T where you're just not motivated to work out or rather don't have the physical energy. That diagnosis should be made by a qualified physician though. I can tell my experience... I lost about 90lbs natural and still felt run down no matter what I did. I found out my TEST was around 360 so I went on 125mg TEST/wk. It certainly helped my energy levels which in turn helped me continue to lose fat/build muscle.

I don't know where you're at in terms of fat. How much weight are you trying to lose? Either way, diet can also help raise your TEST levels giving you more energy to continue losing fat.

Using testosterone to lose weight is not a direct relationship... sure, it may help but diet is key. Then you need to watch out after cessation of the testosterone, it could all come back plus more. Happened to me because I tried to come off when in fact, I am better off on TRT. That's another huge, life-long commitment. Lots to think about but I wouldn't just use TEST to lose weight. Hope this helps a little.

Well said jm... lets say this... if you have low t, one of the side effects is the inability to lose weight and likely weight gain so in THAT circumstance, meaning you had a condition, THEN test would help directly on weight loss...

Top Bottom