napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Kettlebell training

Bigsteve5776

So one of the biggest dudes at my gym and I were talking today. I see him there every single day and rarely ever see him lift a single weight. The dude is always in the "shred room" which has the kettlebells, battle ropes, and other various things for more endurance based workouts. He is always doing stuff with kettle bells and medicine balls and I decided to talk to him about it and he loves it but I really don't understand the benefits completely. The dude is fucking huge so obviously he lifts, he said he started doing it about 6 months ago and he hasn't lost shit for size or anything. What exactly are the benefits of kettlebell training? Can you gain size? I'm trying to understand it better because it looks interesting but also looks a lot like high intensity cardio in a way. How would you go about getting into something like this? If someone can explain the benefits and If it would benefit muscle building inwould definitely love to learn more about it. Any information would be appreciated.

I've never got into that kind of stuff. It is big with the crossfit kind of crowd. I honestly can't see you getting any type of hypertrophy from that kind of work at all. You could probably maintain muscle at best, and obviously greatly improve muscular endurance.

I'm set on the tried and true methods of lifting with a lot of heavy ass compound movements. I don't see myself touching a kettleball any time soon

Kettle bells are typically used for cardio purposes and dropping body fat. I'm sure he's probably lifting and incorporating the kettle bells.

You can get a better range of motion when using them in place of dumbells. I'm not sure if you've ever done jumping squats with dumbells, or even Russian twists with dumbells but it's a pain. If you bring in a kettle bell you can swing it and I feel like you target more muscles.

I use them with hiit cardio both medicine balls and kettle bells, however I do not lack in my lifting.
I don't know if this really answers any of your questions but I typically incorporate for cardio purposes.

I incorporate kettle bells, battleing ropes and C2 rower among other things into my routine. I wouldn't go with strictly kettle bells but it's a nice addition. There's a book called Beyond Bodybuilding by Pavel Tsoutlin that you should check out, you can actually find it as a PDF online if you search for it

Thanks for your input guys, I love the iron and lifting heavy ass weight. I was just curious as to the benefits of kettlebells because a lot of people seem to be into it nowadays and I could possibly learn more about it for cardio purposes, I've never been a big fan of running on treadmills and what not. I try to find other ways to get cardio in because I need to enjoy what I'm doing or I can't get into it at all.

Top Bottom