napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Keto questions

Bigtones74

Hey guys,

I know this has been touched upon by rick-and other guys on the forum, but I just had some questions about keto that I wasn’t able to find.

1. If I want to give keto a try, should I wait until after my pct? I would be eating at a maintance so I’m not sure if it matters or not, specifically hormonal wise.
2. Can you still add on muscle mass while doing keto? With the small amount of protein you’re eating in keto, I’m just interested to see if you’d still be able to put on muscle.
3. What is the best way to make sure you’re hitting fiber requirements on keto? Most of the carbs I eat are fiberous carbs, Ezekiel bread, quinoa, oatmeal, potatoes. Should I just increase the veggies I eat?

If there is a link that explains some of this, please feel free to post if that’s easier.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

I wouodmt start Keto in pct. I'd personally wait til afterwards if you want to do it. On Keto your protein should still be high. It should never be low on any diet, especially related to bodybuilding. Keto is high fat, high protein, and no carbs. You can still build muscle on Keto, but I don't think it's an optimal diet for bodybuilding for many reasons

For fiber on Keto you should be getting plenty of low carb fibrous green veggies like broccoli, asparagus, etc.

Thanks rick, this is really helpful. I've always been interested in keto, and I think one day I will try it when I go away from bodybuilding.

What's the proper macro ratio for keto? Or are there different ratios? I always thought it was like 70% fat, 20-25% protein, and 5-10% carbs (from veggies). Is this close to being right? I would love to run keto with a higher protein ratio, but then isn't that more of an atkins diet?

Thanks rick, this is really helpful. I've always been interested in keto, and I think one day I will try it when I go away from bodybuilding.

What's the proper macro ratio for keto? Or are there different ratios? I always thought it was like 70% fat, 20-25% protein, and 5-10% carbs (from veggies). Is this close to being right? I would love to run keto with a higher protein ratio, but then isn't that more of an atkins diet?

There are no set ratios for Keto, but typically when you research Keto you are getting info from places that are not related to resistance trained athletes or bodybuilders. Those ratios are setup for the typical average person that is trying to lose fat. The FDA recommemded daily allowance for protein is actually quite laughable for us that lift, so don't pay attention to the 25% number. I would say what you would do is pick what your protein requirement is for the day. As an example let's say it's 250g......That is 1000 calories per day. Subtract that from whatever your caloric target for the day is......as an example let's say it's 2500 calories....That leaves you with 1500 calories to fill in with fat and some low calorie, low carb fibrous vegetables. Fat is 9 calories per gram, so you could essentially eat 150-160g of fat per day and make up most of that 1400-1450 calories and then add your vegetables

This is quality info rick, thank you very much! Everything you wrote pretty much clears up all my questions on keto. I like the fact I can still set my protein at my requirement while upping the fats.

Thanks again man.

This is quality info rick, thank you very much! Everything you wrote pretty much clears up all my questions on keto. I like the fact I can still set my protein at my requirement while upping the fats.

Thanks again man.

Glad to help,brother

Majority of keto macros are geared towards couch potatoes who want to lose fat primarily through steady jogging. In Keto, I function best on 40/60/0 to 50/50/0 of protein/fat/carbs, but lose fat rapidly. For maintenance, I function best on 40/40/20 or 50/30/20. The second number of each is if I’m lifting more than 4x/week.
Obviously, find out the macros that work best for you.

just to echo what rick said, definitely do not start keto in pct... thats definitely not the time to be implementing it... he pretty much covered everything else you need

Top Bottom