napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Just got home from the hospital

Flanex

Hey isarms crew!A couple of days ago I was having chest/upper back tightness/pressure.I wouldn't exactly call them "pains",but they were scary enough to warrant me going to the ER.LOL I walked out to the kitchen & told Pat my wife "DON'T PANIC,but I need you to take me to the ER" of course she freaked out.<rolls eyes>
I've had them before but they were usually in the middle of the night & a little hyperventilating usually got rid of it in about 5-10 min.This was the first time they happened two days in a row too & no amount of hyperventilating was helping.My lips got numb & I got lightheaded too.

I'll tell ya if you ever go to the ER & don't want to wait,tell them you're having chest pains.They take you in RIGHT AWAY!lol

They did the whole nine yards echocardiogram,stress test,chest x-ray,& much much blood work.I passed with flying colors.My heart is in excellent shape.I asked them how my RBC count looked & they said it was within normal range (563 is that good?).I was worried because it's been awhile since I donated.
They kept me overnight for observation with vitals taken every few hours & blood taken at night & in the early morning.

My doc said it could be just stress related or it could be ulcers.Apparently ulcers can mimic a heart attack(I had no idea).
I've been under a lot of stress lately because my back has been out for the past two weeks.I can barely work out,just my arms,shoulders & sometimes chest if I'm careful.I can't do my job at all because it's so physical.I got bills coming in & no income....so stressed the fuck out I am.
I'm going to follow up with a gastrointestinologist & get a camera down there to look at my esophagus & stomach.

Anyways I'm doing better & I'm going to try & work a few hours at a time until my back fully heals.It goes out usually once a year for anywhere from a week to a couple of months,then gets better.I been dealing with this since '97.

Well bro, on the positive side I'm just happy everything came out fine. It can always be worse. I hear you on the back. Mine is bad fucked up right now too. I've had to alter my workouts considerably. Luckily I've missed no work

I hope you get better soon and get this all behind you brother

Glad you're ok man. I've had ulcers several times. The last time I had them it was giving me some sharp chest pains. I put myself on ECG at work and it came back normal. Went to the ER and the same thing. Turned out I had ulcers again. Elevated BP was worrisome at first but it was probably a mental thing. Better to be safe than sorry. Stay up brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you ok sounds like a panic anxiety issues. I get them all the time I have had them since a teen I learned how to deal with them

I am also glad to here it Brother, I'm not 30 anymore shit I'm not 40 anymore. It takes alot of humbleness to know what you can and can't do. Maybe someone or something is tellin'ya to slow it down for a bit and take care of yourself.. Slow your Roll...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hope it gets better for you soon. Tully may just want to rest done. It doesn't take much for the back to stay aggravated. Best wishes bro.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Glad you ok sounds like a panic anxiety issues. I get them all the time I have had them since a teen I learned how to deal with them

Yea I used to have a big problem with that when I was morbidly obese & smoking & drinking almost 10 years ago.It's been awhile but you're probably right.It's funny how these things never really leave you.

RickRock I can't imagine training the way you do with that DC training & having a bad back.That's gotta really suck!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

Sorry to hear about your struggle bro!! It temporary and will pass!! Stay positive and try to find the good!! I am praying for you bro!!

Almost forgot to mention,I had a little "pat on the back" moment when the lady doing the electrocardiogram said it's taking longer than usual due to the extra muscle in my chest. ;)

Almost forgot to mention,I had a little "pat on the back" moment when the lady doing the electrocardiogram said it's taking longer than usual due to the extra muscle in my chest. ;)

Well done bro, almost makes it worth it!

Glad to hear your okay Flanex, I had some scares myself like that come to find out the chest pain was actually from shingles, I didn't have the rash yet just felt like someone stabbed me in the chest. Scary shit none the less especially since my whole fathers, fathers side of the family basically died from heart problems before they were 40 (I'm 43) thought I was going down.

And crazy to hear about your back issues, I have the same thing happen usually once a year, this year I made it 1.5. just went down in the gym about a month ago reaching for the pin on the bench to make it flat from incline. Was down for 2 weeks, still nervous in there. Worst pain in the damn world, broken hands, ribs etc don't compare. Hopefully your up and recovered soon!

Glad to hear you're ok. Safe than sorry, take no chances when it comes to your health and family. Relax a little, we ain't getting any younger bro.

Glad you're okay man. The RBC range at labcorp is 4.14-5.8 so the 563 should be just the upper range. Hopefully you're able to pinpoint your problem easily.

Glad to hear your okay Flanex, I had some scares myself like that come to find out the chest pain was actually from shingles, I didn't have the rash yet just felt like someone stabbed me in the chest. Scary shit none the less especially since my whole fathers, fathers side of the family basically died from heart problems before they were 40 (I'm 43) thought I was going down.

And crazy to hear about your back issues, I have the same thing happen usually once a year, this year I made it 1.5. just went down in the gym about a month ago reaching for the pin on the bench to make it flat from incline. Was down for 2 weeks, still nervous in there. Worst pain in the damn world, broken hands, ribs etc don't compare. Hopefully your up and recovered soon!

There's a couple of things I'm deathly afraid of;one is passing a kidney stone & the other one is shingles.I talked to an old combat vet (Korea I think) that had his foot blown off.He said shingles hurt worse than that.People have killed themselves to escape the pain of shingles.

I never throw my back out actually lifting anything bro.It's always from a slip,twist or reaching for something.It sucks you have to double think every move.If you slip you're just fucked cause it usually happens when you're catching yourself.

That's scary as hell about your family Joe.Heart disease sucks man.It's a shame they had to die so young.I don't have that in my family but I do have alcoholism & diabetes on both sides of my family.That why I'm careful watching my weight & put down the bottle for good last January.

Once again I appreciate all the kind words bros. :thumbup:

I don't want to toot my own horn but it was kinda flattering that mid to late 20 something nurses & aids were obviously impressed with my physique & kept asking "are you sure you're 48?" "you're in great shape!" touching my chest & arms LOL ...It was cool having my ego stroked though(especially by ladies half my age).Plus I'm really tanned from my job. :p

Last edited:
Glad you're okay man. The RBC range at labcorp is 4.14-5.8 so the 563 should be just the upper range. Hopefully you're able to pinpoint your problem easily.

Oh thanks a lot Red.I was going to ask that again.Good to know!I'm going to donate before my next cycle in a couple of weeks.

ive been there... you had a really bad anxiety attack and it completely took over... if it continues, you need to get some medication to even out your serotonin levels to get it to stop... hopefully it was just a one time occurrence... my assumption is they gave you an ekg, maybe a ct scan etc... if you were normal on everything, it was absolutely anxiety related

Top Bottom