napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Introducing myself...Just joined up.

Kinser0311

Well I've been lurking around here for a little bit and decided it was time to join the party and get involved with the forum. Post is a little long, lol.

A little background info; I originally began training when I was 14 years old, and I just turned 35 last month..So I started this journey just over 20 years ago. When I was 19 I decided to join the Marines, ending up invthe Infantry, and it was during that time I really started to become obsessed with training and improving myself. I got out of the Corps in 2005 and moved back to Indiana to continue grinding away. When I got out i was around 230, and pretty lean....That is the most I've ever weighed, and the strongest I every was. Shortly after I got out I started training BJJ, which eventually led to Muay Thai, and eventually competing in MMA. So at that point my strength and conditioning goals changed and the focus was a complete 180 from what I was used to up until that point...I eventually got my weight down to where I could compete at 155lbs, and kept.it there for 8 years or so until 2013 when I stepped back from competing in those sports. It was at that time, I thought it would be a good idea to take a little time off training, well that "little time" eventually turned into 4 years of lazyness around the start of 2017...I had always just been driven to train, but as the time off increased, I was less and less motivated, more depressed, getting more and more out of shape..I would feel so fatigued that I iterally felt like I had an anchor tied to me. I eventually went to the doc and he ran some tests...my total testosterone came back at 350ng/dl, and my free was at 6.8pg/dl....So I was put on a TRT dose of cypionate and it completely turned my life back around..I was skeptical at first, but around week 4 I started to notice positive effects and made the decision to get back in the gym and commit to training....Not having to worry about training for a specific sport or keep my bodyweight within a certain window has opened up more training/nutrition options for me and has allowed me to focus on older goals of getting bigger and stronger...I've been back in the gym for roughly 4 months now and and strength and weight gain has being coming back fairly quickly...which was expected my body has been there once before. Sorry for the big post, and thanks for having me.on the forum.

Forgot a couple key points:
35 years
5'9"
208lbs
Roughly 12% BF
I have done.one previous AAS cycle, but it was 12 years ago...Havent done any anabolics since then, until recently put on TRT.

Welcome. Sounds like you've got some training experience lol. Thank you for your service to our Country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey brother....glad to have you here with us. Welcome to the isarms family! If there's anything I can help with, please let me know!

Well I've been lurking around here for a little bit and decided it was time to join the party and get involved with the forum. Post is a little long, lol.

A little background info; I originally began training when I was 14 years old, and I just turned 35 last month..So I started this journey just over 20 years ago. When I was 19 I decided to join the Marines, ending up invthe Infantry, and it was during that time I really started to become obsessed with training and improving myself. I got out of the Corps in 2005 and moved back to Indiana to continue grinding away. When I got out i was around 230, and pretty lean....That is the most I've ever weighed, and the strongest I every was. Shortly after I got out I started training BJJ, which eventually led to Muay Thai, and eventually competing in MMA. So at that point my strength and conditioning goals changed and the focus was a complete 180 from what I was used to up until that point...I eventually got my weight down to where I could compete at 155lbs, and kept.it there for 8 years or so until 2013 when I stepped back from competing in those sports. It was at that time, I thought it would be a good idea to take a little time off training, well that "little time" eventually turned into 4 years of lazyness around the start of 2017...I had always just been driven to train, but as the time off increased, I was less and less motivated, more depressed, getting more and more out of shape..I would feel so fatigued that I iterally felt like I had an anchor tied to me. I eventually went to the doc and he ran some tests...my total testosterone came back at 350ng/dl, and my free was at 6.8pg/dl....So I was put on a TRT dose of cypionate and it completely turned my life back around..I was skeptical at first, but around week 4 I started to notice positive effects and made the decision to get back in the gym and commit to training....Not having to worry about training for a specific sport or keep my bodyweight within a certain window has opened up more training/nutrition options for me and has allowed me to focus on older goals of getting bigger and stronger...I've been back in the gym for roughly 4 months now and and strength and weight gain has being coming back fairly quickly...which was expected my body has been there once before. Sorry for the big post, and thanks for having me.on the forum.

Welcome.

What's your BJJ background and training? Always partial to BJJ guys. I've been training BJJ for well over 20 years.

Welcome.

What's your BJJ background and training? Always partial to BJJ guys. I've been training BJJ for well over 20 years.
Well I originally started training with a couple buddies by watching old instructional videos and UFC fights, lol, we had no clue what we were doing...this was around 2002...Then when I was going through the Marine martial arts instructor course one of the instructors thought and actually trained legit BJJ outside of the military and invited me to start going with him... so I went with him when I could until I got out of the Marines in 2005. When I moved back home I sought out of gym to train at in my hometown and while I could not find a BJJ program I did find a school that was an affiliate under Erik Paulsen in combat submission wrestling... it was there I always also first introduced them wait I and started basically training as much as the school was open in both styles... I trained there for a couple more years and during that time started fighting amateur MMA. I felt like my goals eventually outgrew what the school could provide and I decided to move to another town and train full-time at a gym a few of my buddies had went to... it was there I got back in that actual BJJ, gi and nogi,and continue to fight in mma. I eventually split my training between the jiu-jitsu at one school, and Muay thai and boxing at another... I eventually had my first pro fight in 2009 and continued to fight and train out of both schools until 2013 when I had to step away for a while.. As for bjj alone, I would train for 5 days a week and compete in grappling tournaments regularly in between MMA fights. I'm currently not training, when I stepped away from lifting weights and working out I also stepped away from just training in general so the plan is to get back in there fairly soon, I miss it a lot.. it's kind of crazy, the other day a few of my buddies that I was promoted to blue belt with just got there black belts in bjj. Time flies

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Kick ass! I'm a 2nd dan in tae kwon do. My school closed right before I tested for my 3rd, soooooo pissed.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom