napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Introducing myself - Hello from Canada

JohnnieWalker

Wandered onto this site and it seems like everyone here is very transparent and honest, for the most part. I'm 29 years old, trained from age 17-21 and literally did nothing for 6 years. Got off my ass finally, and started training hard the last 2 years.
I'm 5'8, 180, and around 14% bf. I've been wanting to try my first cycle for a while now.

I'm living in Canada, and my initial plan was to do cardio all night, stay up all night in an effort to lower my test, then see an endocrinologist to get my bloodwork done to start TRT. Excuse my naivety if that's dumb as shit but I have no connections and didn't know where to turn to. Even if my test levels didn't show a low number, I've heard most doctors here are pretty liberal and will prescribe T to remedy some of the psychological problems that accompany a low T. If that worked, I was planning on 350mg of test/week and arimidex. For PCT - HCG.

I don't plan on doing orals any time soon - I want to do as little as possible first. I've already shown great growth naturally.

Thanks for reading :)

Welcome to the board.

When you give you a little tough love here: that plan you mentioned is about the most retarded thing I've ever heard of in my life.

You talking about trt and a cycle being the same thing. Those are two very different things.

You only get back in the gym for 2 years which is not that long after a 6 your layoff. What are your goals? why do you want to use juice?

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance - let me try to clarify: If I have access to gear I would start a cycle; if I did not, I would try to get on TRT through a prescription. Regardless, I would only start with Test. I understand 2 years doesn't seem like a long time, but my diet has been consistent and I have a lot of time due to not being able to work right now (going through permanent residency as I'm a U.S citizen) so I lift 6 days a week and cardio 3 times a week - I have a lot of time on my hands.

In terms of goals - first I'd like to see how far I can take my physique - whether that leads me to competing in the future or not, I like to push myself. I'm ok with the tough love - I know I'm a bit of a noob at this but that's why I'm here.

EZ_E is dead right, it's a stupid idea and totally unecessary at this point. If you want to use any form of pED try sarms instead, let us know what your specific objectives are.

You can always use steroids in the future once you've pushed your genetic limits to the limit and tbh that's unlikeley to be for many years.

I understand - but can I ask why it's a dumb idea? I'm not that young of a guy, and even by endocrinologists' standards I would be a candidate for TRT so I find it hard to be unsafe to take 300mg of test

Last edited:
I understand - but can I ask why it's a dumb idea? I'm not that young of a guy, and even by endocrinologists' standards I would be a candidate for TRT so I find it hard to be unsafe to take 300mg of test[/QU

taking test at 300 mg is not what theyre referring to as dumb.... whats dumb is you trying to lower your own test levels to try and get a script to jump on a cycle. if the docs are so open about it and youre a candidate already then why not just get the script without lowering your own test? not only that, im not sure how it works in Canada but no doc will give you 300 mg a week of test unless you need it that bad. you cant just get a script and decide to take 300 on your own youre going to run out of your supply real quick.

Ok thanks, that definitely helps. I figured that was kind of dumb myself which is what I wrote in my first post. Although, I was more referring to how they thought me taking gear altogether at my age (29) after several years of training wasn't enough. I've put on muscle very fast, I'm not young, and my diet is in check. I feel like most people starting gear are in their early 20s after only a few years of training, and I agree that's pretty young. But I'm almost 30 now and if I have to wait another few years of training to start taking gear I'd be in my mid 30s and I would just feel too old to start competing.

I guess what I'm asking is: is there a particular amount of time (in years) one must train to think about starting gear? Because if it is, I don't know if that makes sense when people progress in their training at different rates. I can compare how fast people I know have progressed vs. how fast I have progressed in the same amount of time or even less and it's quite different.

You've only been training for two years after a six year break and the long time off is your problem There is no set amount of time you have to train before you use steroids, the idea is you should have already reached your natural limits first.

That's the view here which I personally agree with but you can do whatever you want - it's your body.

What's the great rush to compete anyway? There's no money in it and pre-contest dieting is a pretty miserable process.

Fair enough; just looking for extra opinions. Like I said before, I'm a big noob when it comes to all this so any advice is helpful

Ok thanks, that definitely helps. I figured that was kind of dumb myself which is what I wrote in my first post. Although, I was more referring to how they thought me taking gear altogether at my age (29) after several years of training wasn't enough. I've put on muscle very fast, I'm not young, and my diet is in check. I feel like most people starting gear are in their early 20s after only a few years of training, and I agree that's pretty young. But I'm almost 30 now and if I have to wait another few years of training to start taking gear I'd be in my mid 30s and I would just feel too old to start competing.

I guess what I'm asking is: is there a particular amount of time (in years) one must train to think about starting gear? Because if it is, I don't know if that makes sense when people progress in their training at different rates. I can compare how fast people I know have progressed vs. how fast I have progressed in the same amount of time or even less and it's quite different.

Bro, I don't know where you come off thinking 29 is anywhere close to old. You're young as fuck. You are barely old enough by a couple years to even use gear in my opinion. You're so off base on everything. My first cycle was at 35 and I first competed at 38. And all of that was after training 20 years naturally. A couple years of training isn't shit. It just isn't. What you need is a sufficient natural base and to be in the right condition for steroid use. Post up a pic if you want a good general idea from us.

Top Bottom