PSL        esarms.com
bannednutrition.com
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 134

Thread: Intermittent fasting facts and fiction explained: by RickRock

  1. #11
    Thank you for this write up, I'm starting to consider IF. Keep rolling with it.

    Is IF still beneficial if it's done only 2-3 times a week? Im sure it's more beneficial If you can do it full time...but if you cant.

    Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

  2. #12
    Senior Member gian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Posts
    1,400
    Very informative! Thanks Rick

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by hellzone View Post
    Thank you for this write up, I'm starting to consider IF. Keep rolling with it.

    Is IF still beneficial if it's done only 2-3 times a week? Im sure it's more beneficial If you can do it full time...but if you cant.

    Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Yes, it can still have benefits doing it just part of the time, but obviously the benefits are best when this is done daily,mas with any diet

  4. #14
    Senior Member Joe S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Gainsville PA
    Posts
    1,399
    Great post and very interesting, can you explain the 16/8 for someone not familiar with how that works or what exactly it means? are you not eating for 16 hours or 8 hours? getting all the calories in one meal a day or how many per day? or just how you plan a day of it. Sorry if dumb question lol.

  5. #15
    16 hours would be the fasting window, with an 8 hour eating window. Example you could eat between 1pm-9pm in basically an meal frequency you wanted, however the common practice would be say 2 smaller meals followed by 1 large meal. I have tried IF before and must say it does have it's pros when trying to cut. The first is the number of meals you have to prep per day, much easier to prepare 3 meals rather than 6. Also, each of the 3 meals has more calories/volume and therefore is more filling.

    Let's say you are going to cut on 2100 calories:

    With 6 meals that is roughly 350 calories per meal about every 2-3 hours on average.
    With 3 meals on an 16/8 protocol, that would about 700 calories every 2-3 hours. Or you could have 2 smaller 500 calorie meals pre-workout followed by a big 1100 calorie meal post workout. If the meal is healthy and clean, 1100 calories is a lot of food and extremely filling.

    Also, IMO, IF is great for people who don't want to meticulously count calories and macros. Eat relatively healthy foods with sufficient protein within an 8 hour window and you should be fine.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Joe S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Gainsville PA
    Posts
    1,399
    Nice, thanks for explaining, that's kind of right up my alley then. May have to look into doing that beginning next year.

  7. #17
    He covered it pretty well, but there are a few things I want to point out. There are no set number of meals. Most people do 3 or so. I've also done just two. Whatever meal is the first one after your workout will be your largest meal. For me, this was my fast breaking meal since my training was done fasted. That meal would be 60% or so of my daily intake of calories, protein, and carbs. I usually got over 100g of protein and 150g of carbs in that meal.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Joe S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Gainsville PA
    Posts
    1,399
    Just looking at the clock I almost do this already Mon-Fri , I eat dinner around 5 right after the gym and usually nothing after that until 8 the next morning, maybe a glass of water. So that's roughly 15 hours hmm... well I have coffee in the morning starting at 5:00 does that count? Or is it just food.
    I could probably add an extra hour and eat breakfast at 9:00 instead of 8:00 if that hour would make a big difference, not sure.

  9. #19
    Junior Member 1959er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock View Post
    He covered it pretty well, but there are a few things I want to point out. There are no set number of meals. Most people do 3 or so. I've also done just two. Whatever meal is the first one after your workout will be your largest meal. For me, this was my fast breaking meal since my training was done fasted. That meal would be 60% or so of my daily intake of calories, protein, and carbs. I usually got over 100g of protein and 150g of carbs in that meal.
    Ditto Rick! That's me almost to a tee! Love that meal that breaks the fast after the workout.

  10. #20
    Junior Member 1959er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    Just looking at the clock I almost do this already Mon-Fri , I eat dinner around 5 right after the gym and usually nothing after that until 8 the next morning, maybe a glass of water. So that's roughly 15 hours hmm... well I have coffee in the morning starting at 5:00 does that count? Or is it just food.
    I could probably add an extra hour and eat breakfast at 9:00 instead of 8:00 if that hour would make a big difference, not sure.
    Joe, you are close to the protocol already. I drink black coffee (no cream or sugar), and water all morning during my fasted window. My workout is 12 noon. (I do have some BCAA's before the workout but im still considered the be in a fasted state according to the protocol) Then my feeding window is 2-10 pm. Huge meal at 2. Moderately sized dinner. Casein protein shake before bed at 10 pm.

    And yes, If you can hold out on breakfast till 9, that would be ideal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •