napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Input on Thyroid

Boston-George

Well it seems I may have found the answer to alll my problems.
Over that past few months I had been wondering as to why I couldn't loose weight and why I felt bloated and fatigued. I believe I may have hypothyroidism.

I have recently tested my self independently just to get an overall idea of what I'm working with. My doctor has yet to have be aware of these results though I am certainly going to bring this up to him ASAP.

As you can see in the results my TSH is 4.9.....Should I be concerned?

Has anyone delt with thyroid issues? Could anyone advise as to what my next course of action should be?

Any Input will be invaluable ....

Thyroid Panel With TSH
TSH 4.930 HIGH 0.450-4.500 uIU/mL 01
Thyroxine (T4) 7.0 NORMAL 4.5-12.0 ug/dL 01
T3 Uptake 28 NORMAL 24-39 % 01
Free Thyroxine Index 2.0 NORMAL 1.2-4.9 01

you need to talk to your doctor but highly unlikely thats the issue.. you are out of rand on only your tsh and not crazy amounts but you would want to talk to your doctor if you have concerns, especially when it comes to your thyroid

I added seaweed (iodine) to my diet, and it helped a lot. So I take kale powder extract for more iodine. When on a good test dose I need the extra iodine apparently.
For me, it wasn’t just the fatigue, drowsiness, and inability to lose fat. Cracked heels was another. And finding out the resistance on my neck wasn’t muscle but an enlarged thyroid.

I added seaweed (iodine) to my diet, and it helped a lot. So I take kale powder extract for more iodine. When on a good test dose I need the extra iodine apparently.
For me, it wasn’t just the fatigue, drowsiness, and inability to lose fat. Cracked heels was another. And finding out the resistance on my neck wasn’t muscle but an enlarged thyroid.

Interesting, I am hoping I can potentially normalize the symptoms without having to take any medication. I have a doctors appointment in a couple weeks and will definitely bring this to his attention.
I am currently struggling with muscle and overall body aching. For example if I manually wash my car, my body will ache for the next couple days, even if my diet and sleep is in check.

Furthermore, I am currently retaining excessive water and have also succumb to the inability to lose weight. For the record I am 27 , therefore, I figure although my TSH is only slightly out of range, it may suffice in rendering symptoms.

Could you please go into detail with regards to the cracked heels? I have yet to hear someone mention that with regards to symptoms.

The evidence is sparse. I tested it by adding iodine to my diet and my heels healed and thyroid reduced swelling/size. So in my case it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me and my doctors don’t get along since they refused to continue my TRT until I had been off testosterone long enough to lose my v-taper. The dose they were uncomfortable with kept my T levels at 560, but they were uncomfortable with how I looked and receiving TRT prescriptions from them. This is several docs over several months. The most recent one was convinced I had prostate cancer, but after biopsy, my prostate that had an infection (they didn’t even test for infection, just jumped to cancer even with the scan showing none), gave me sepsis. I was given antibiotics and attempts to reach him after that didn’t go anywhere. So I research and do a lot on my own and keep insurance for serious issues and bloodwork.

Go to a health spa for your testosterone man they won’t be picky with you testosterone like your oftor now is.

Your TSH isn't that much out of range. I kinda doubt that is the root of your issues. Diet and lifestyle changes can do wonders

Thanks all for the input.

With regards to the diet and lifestyle changes, although I didn't really mention this within my initial post, I live a relatively clean lifestyle, no drinking or smoking, predominantley stick to whole foods and my sleep is on point. So i know that can't be it.

However, this still doesn't explain my main symptoms which are an uncurable feeling of muscle fatigue, and muscle aching when I partake in strenuous activity. Also my inability to lose weight and excessive water retention.

Thanks all for the input.

With regards to the diet and lifestyle changes, although I didn't really mention this within my initial post, I live a relatively clean lifestyle, no drinking or smoking, predominantley stick to whole foods and my sleep is on point. So i know that can't be it.

However, this still doesn't explain my main symptoms which are an uncurable feeling of muscle fatigue, and muscle aching when I partake in strenuous activity. Also my inability to lose weight and excessive water retention.

People say their diet is clean but.... I’d be curious to know what diet is really like.

People say their diet is clean but.... I’d be curious to know what diet is really like.

Yes I understand what you mean, but like I said, at this point I am pretty sure it's safe to rule out my diet at this point since this has been going on for more than a few months and have experimented with caloric surpluses and restrictions and my symptoms continue.

In addition, like i said my diet is not 100% bro foods, but I never eat fast food and very sparingly indulge in refined sugars or processed foods.

Bro Foods = grilled chicken , broccoli, sweet potatoe, brown rice, etc,.....What I meant meant by bro foods is the stereotypical bodybuilder diet.

Although lean poultry, beef, occasional protein shake, and legumes make up the majority of my protein intake I do occasionally eat fatty fish and beef.
With regards to carbs and fats, the majority of my carbs do come from vegetables, legumes, rice, occasional bread and tortillas.

Fats would be predominantly come from nut butters.....

I am getting more extensive test results on Monday which will display my Free t4 and T3, along with my most recent TSH lvls.

so essentially bro foods means eating healthy then... i would wait until you get more tests and talk to your doctor about everything.. when it comes to your thyroid, thats something i would only listen to a doctor about...

Thank your for your input Dylan, as always it is very much appreciated.

However, you and me both know damn well no one hear eats grilled chicken, broccoli, and sweet potato for breakfast lunch and dinner 365 days of the year. As well as walk around with a gallon of water....

We are at a point of time when traditional "bro science" has been tested and evaluated to the point where we know that its now always necessary to eat 6 meals a day, walk around with a gallon of water, take unnecessary supplements from GNC or any other typical supplement store

Layne Norton is said to have eaten a smalll serving of ice cream every day leading up to bodybuilding competitions and power lifting prep.....just an example

Thank your for your input Dylan, as always it is very much appreciated.

However, you and me both know damn well no one hear eats grilled chicken, broccoli, and sweet potato for breakfast lunch and dinner 365 days of the year. As well as walk around with a gallon of water....

We are at a point of time when traditional "bro science" has been tested and evaluated to the point where we know that its now always necessary to eat 6 meals a day, walk around with a gallon of water, take unnecessary supplements from GNC or any other typical supplement store

Layne Norton is said to have eaten a smalll serving of ice cream every day leading up to contest and powerlifting prep.....just an example

What on the planet earth are you talking about??? Show me who ever said to do that please? Please dont act like one of those touchy whiny people man. Noone ever said anything so off the wall nor indicated at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom