napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Importance of Fasting/GW501516

I have practiced many different kinds of fasting from intermittent fasting, to short fasts (1-3 days), to prolonged fasts (5+ days). Let me know if you guys have any questions and I am happy to share my experiences. My goals have shifted to staying lean over the past couple years and fasting really helps me with this.

I have practiced many different kinds of fasting from intermittent fasting, to short fasts (1-3 days), to prolonged fasts (5+ days). Let me know if you guys have any questions and I am happy to share my experiences. My goals have shifted to staying lean over the past couple years and fasting really helps me with this.

Good to know. Thanks.

Never tried. Maybe something to consider. Good to know it helped you.

Nice share OP

MB, I would love to know how you curb the appetite when you're doing real fasts from 2-5 days. I have heard of the benefits of long fasts and the detoxifying effects (and the nasty shit your body begins to let go of you didn't know you had in you). I began intermittent fasting years ago and it makes getting lean so much easier for me. Before trying it I had trouble losing the weight from 15%ish range - 10% and under. I added intermittent fasting and it became easy.

What are your experiences with the prolonged fasts even 1-3 days and what a day looks like. How you fight the cravings? Do you take anything to help suppress them beyond drinking a boat load of water? Very interested to hear your experiences.

SG

For anyone who has done a prolonged fast, how much muscle loss (if any) did you see? Also I assume you can't lift as heavy as you normally do while on an extended fast?

MB, I would love to know how you curb the appetite when you're doing real fasts from 2-5 days. I have heard of the benefits of long fasts and the detoxifying effects (and the nasty shit your body begins to let go of you didn't know you had in you). I began intermittent fasting years ago and it makes getting lean so much easier for me. Before trying it I had trouble losing the weight from 15%ish range - 10% and under. I added intermittent fasting and it became easy.

What are your experiences with the prolonged fasts even 1-3 days and what a day looks like. How you fight the cravings? Do you take anything to help suppress them beyond drinking a boat load of water? Very interested to hear your experiences.

SG

No problem buddy. What I did to get ready for the longer fasts was to do a bunch of 24 hour fasts. The first one is the hardest by far. What you want to do is eat dinner and then don't eat again until dinner the next day. The 24 hour fast is all mental. It is about learning how you will feel and learning how to think about other things except food/fasting. The very first one is tough because it is really hard to think about anything else. After that they get really easy. I recommend picking 1 day per week and doing a 24 hour fast each week for a month. That is a great way to get used to it. After that it becomes even easier. When you get into the longer fasts I have found that there really are no cravings. They go away after the first couple days. Once you get to day 3 and experience a great mental clarity there is little struggle. When you get hungry or bored you just drink water. I also still train when fasting. Of course you will not be as strong in the gym but that is to be expected.

Great info. I just went back to a modified IF diet recently myself. I've always been a huge advocate of it

No problem buddy. What I did to get ready for the longer fasts was to do a bunch of 24 hour fasts. The first one is the hardest by far. What you want to do is eat dinner and then don't eat again until dinner the next day. The 24 hour fast is all mental. It is about learning how you will feel and learning how to think about other things except food/fasting. The very first one is tough because it is really hard to think about anything else. After that they get really easy. I recommend picking 1 day per week and doing a 24 hour fast each week for a month. That is a great way to get used to it. After that it becomes even easier. When you get into the longer fasts I have found that there really are no cravings. They go away after the first couple days. Once you get to day 3 and experience a great mental clarity there is little struggle. When you get hungry or bored you just drink water. I also still train when fasting. Of course you will not be as strong in the gym but that is to be expected.
nice thanks for sharing brother

That is awesome info man, much appreciated!. I will definitely try this. Do you use anything other than water, any tricks whatsoever? Black coffee? Or is the caffeine a negative effect on you physically, it's always been a good appetite suppressor for me but haven't used it for long term suppression, mainly when IF and leading to breaking a fast around noon. I like the idea of dinner to dinner. That seems like the most logical time. That way you aren't hungry before bed and then can suck it up until dinner. You're training on 2+ day fasts? What's the energy like, as bad as you would suspect or not at all? I figured you would get crazy cravings after an hour or so of finishing the workout.

Top Bottom