domestic-supply.com        sarms.forsale
bannednutrition.com
sarms.forsale
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much Amount Of Protein When on cutting cycle

How much Amount Of Protein When on cutting cycle

What should be the amount of protein while on cutting is 1lb per lean body weight ok?

I saw great results with the following ratio while cutting: F/C/P: 15%/30%/55%. You have to find what works best for you. I would start there and adjust as needed. If your fat falls below 45gs a day at that ratio I would up it in place of protein. I ended up at about 20/30/50 to keep my fats at 45gs a day.

Check out RickRocks nutrition thread here on how to calculate your caloric intake:

https://www.isarms.com/forums/steroi...01-a-3314.html

i would keep it around 1.5 grams per pound... i agree with narcissitc's nutrient breakdown as well... thats generally what i recommend especially in your circumstance

1.5g per pound of lean muscle or overall weight???

Quote Originally Posted by hivarmot View Post
    1.5g per pound of lean muscle or overall weight???
    TOTAL body weight... why would you think lean muscle? im not sure where you are getting that

A gram per pound of bodyweight is the absolute minimum I suggest anyone to go at any time that does resistance training. However I do like to see the protein intake closer to 1.2-1.5g per pound. It's always better to have just a,little extra than not enough without going overboard. That's a good range to be in. It's when you get to the 2g per pound of bodyweight and higher that starts putting more strain on the kidneys which you do not want

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock View Post
    A gram per pound of bodyweight is the absolute minimum I suggest anyone to go at any time that does resistance training. However I do like to see the protein intake closer to 1.2-1.5g per pound. It's always better to have just a,little extra than not enough without going overboard. That's a good range to be in. It's when you get to the 2g per pound of bodyweight and higher that starts putting more strain on the kidneys which you do not want
    i agree... i have gone with 2 grams a few times but thats the max i would go with it because as rick said, it can begin to cause kidney strain and sometimes people get out of line with it... 1.5 is perfect

1.5 to 2 grams per body lb is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by DylanGemelli View Post
    i agree... i have gone with 2 grams a few times but thats the max i would go with it because as rick said, it can begin to cause kidney strain and sometimes people get out of line with it... 1.5 is perfect
    Can't go wrong with this.

I think excess protein that isn't used is also converted to energy in the body especially on low carb . I stick with 1g per lb of body weight . Just my opinion . As far as strain on kidneys when your training and eating any kind of diet you should be killing the water too . I try to make sure I get atleast a gallon per day of fluids counting water I drink plus the water used to make shakes .