napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

How long before starting HRT

Drzaius7

Hey guys,

My total test levels are currently at 252 and have bounced between 150 and 275 since August.
I’ve tried an AI, SERMS, and even doctor prescribed clomid which after 6 weeks of use didn’t even budge my testosterone level. (50mg/day)

I just saw my Endo and he said we have to continue to wait for my body to fix itself and won’t put me on HRT. He said we should wait one year total maybe longer.

Is this reasonable? I’m not really too excited to be on testosterone for the rest of my life but I’m tired of feeling like shit for the past 6 months. Is another 6 months going to make a difference? Is my body going to ever recover at this point? Is this my new ‘normal’?
I have no vigor, zero sex drive, my skin is abnormally dry and itchy, my hair is more thin and brittle and I can’t gain any muscle or drop body fat even though I am lifting 4-5 days per week and following a strict diet.

we know nothing about you dude... how can you expect an answer... you didnt even list your age! cycle history.. etc.. come on bro

like Dylan said, we need more information about you personally. However i can very well relate to you and all the symptoms you were going through. Low T has so many more sides then what you see mentioned online. Provide more info though for us

My apologies. I didn’t want to make it too long winded.
I’m 38. 5’10, 210lb First cycle was in my early 20’s. Have used gear on and off since then. The past 4-5 years I have been on cycle more than I have been off or about 50/50.

This summer I ended a test/mast cycle and did Triptorelin as my sole PCT. 3 weeks afterwards I was bitten by a dog on my forearm and the wound became severely infected. I ended up in the hospital for 3 days on all kinds of IV antibiotics and pain meds.
Within one-two weeks of getting home I had the worst gyno flare of my life and all the symptoms listed above. Since then my test levels have been compromised.

My thyroid levels are also at the low end of normal.

Mostly want to know if after 6 months my body has recovered as much as it’s going to or can more time still help. Test levels haven’t budged for 3 months

Maybe it was too long...

38 years old, 210lb, 5’10
Using gear on and off for past 18 years. Last 3-4 years I’ve been on about half the time.

Last cycle ended beginning of August. Was 5 month test (500mg) / mast E (300mg/week)
Triptorelin was sole PCT

3 weeks after Triptorelin shot I was bitten by a dog on my forearm. Ended up in the hospital for 3 days on IV antibiotics and morphine. Within a week of getting home had a huge gyno flare and started feeling like crap and losing weight.

Test has been low since then. Thyroid is also low end of normal (1.1 T4 free)

Hey guys,

My total test levels are currently at 252 and have bounced between 150 and 275 since August.
I’ve tried an AI, SERMS, and even doctor prescribed clomid which after 6 weeks of use didn’t even budge my testosterone level. (50mg/day)

I just saw my Endo and he said we have to continue to wait for my body to fix itself and won’t put me on HRT. He said we should wait one year total maybe longer.

Is this reasonable? I’m not really too excited to be on testosterone for the rest of my life but I’m tired of feeling like shit for the past 6 months. Is another 6 months going to make a difference? Is my body going to ever recover at this point? Is this my new ‘normal’?
I have no vigor, zero sex drive, my skin is abnormally dry and itchy, my hair is more thin and brittle and I can’t gain any muscle or drop body fat even though I am lifting 4-5 days per week and following a strict diet.

Time to get a new doctor IMO ...

Maybe it was too long...

38 years old, 210lb, 5’10
Using gear on and off for past 18 years. Last 3-4 years I’ve been on about half the time.

Last cycle ended beginning of August. Was 5 month test (500mg) / mast E (300mg/week)
Triptorelin was sole PCT

3 weeks after Triptorelin shot I was bitten by a dog on my forearm. Ended up in the hospital for 3 days on IV antibiotics and morphine. Within a week of getting home had a huge gyno flare and started feeling like crap and losing weight.

Test has been low since then. Thyroid is also low end of normal (1.1 T4 free)

I haven't tried the steroid route as of yet (I'm still reading and learning a lot here on the site) but I have never heard of that drug (Triptorelin) prescribed before for a PCT. A quick Google search showed me that this was probably a poor choice to accomplish your goals, and that there are better, more tried-and-true compounds available to restore your test levels. Dylan (and many other knowledgeable folks on the site) will be able to tell you what you SHOULD have done, and what you ought to do going forward.

I haven't tried the steroid route as of yet (I'm still reading and learning a lot here on the site) but I have never heard of that drug (Triptorelin) prescribed before for a PCT. A quick Google search showed me that this was probably a poor choice to accomplish your goals, and that there are better, more tried-and-true compounds available to restore your test levels. Dylan (and many other knowledgeable folks on the site) will be able to tell you what you SHOULD have done, and what you ought to do going forward.

I can’t change the past and this isn’t a post about critiquing a PCT.

My question is this: Has 6 months been a long enough time to give my body to start making its own hormones again? Or should I wait another 6 months like my Endo wants to do?

In October my testosterone level was 204, December it was 150, in January it was 272 and in Mid February it’s 252. Has it most likely plateaued? Is this my new ‘normal’?

No way to actually know, without results from older bloodwork taken during your 18 year, steroid cycling.

I am hoping that Dylan or one of the other, more steroid-versed brothers, will pop in here to prescribe a proper, six week PCT for you to follow, to see if that doesn't get your test levels up.

Personally I wouldn't wait six months to see what your body does on it's own.

theres no way to actually know... clearly you have an extensive history of steroid use so im honestly not sure what you would expect at this point... if you have been using steroids since you were 20, this is what happens man... when you start THAT young, then when you get into your 30's, this is exactly what i warn people about... i would highly doubt any pct is going to help you at this point and there's just no way you are going to bounce back now.. trt, is likely the only option i would see as helping you... you can run a pct if you want, but i believe you are likely just spinning your wheels with it... i guess its worth a shot if you want but just to be honest with what ive always seen over the years, its not likely going to fix anything...

Thanks for your input Dylan. I accept full responsibility for my choices and I knew what the potential consequences were.
I just wanted to know if you thoughts 6 months was long enough to wait. I felt it was especially after 6 weeks of clomid that my doc prescribed with no rise in testosterone levels. This after weeks and weeks of trying Aromasin, Nolva, etc.
I’ll probably start HRT.
Don’t wanna feel like crap any longer.

Pretty much what happens when you use anabolics, even mildly. Your setting yourself up for TRT at some point. The body can only bounce back so much. That is something you have to realize before doing a single cycle. Personally, I do not think you will bounce back at all with the use you have had. You have used much more and more often then I have and I couldn’t bounce back above 215. You can certainly try to....but your going to suffer low T symptoms for awhile or for the entire duration if your body stays shut down. TRT is your only option at this point in my humble opinion.

your guess is as good as mine on that man... noone will be able to give you any accurate answer... i just dont see how waiting 6 months would do anything but thats up to you...

Top Bottom