napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

How to add mass to quads with bad knees?

Flanex

I can't be the only guy here with bad knees.They feel like they're bone on bone,grinding & popping with every movement.Squats are damn near impossible even with wraps & 3/4 range of motion.No lunges either,not even with just bodyweight.
Basically the only thing I can do for quads are legs extensions.I do high volume 10x10-12.I can do leg presses to an extent.On leg day which was today I basically work the shit out of my hamstrings,glutes & calves,while wincing in pain during the whole quad workout.I got a decent pump in my legs today but there's no way I can work my quads to total fatigue without killing my knees.

I take all the joint supps(Cissus,Glucosamine,Fish Oil),nothing works.Any tips?

Me either…….I have a bad left knee had to back off cardio and legs in the past 3 weeks…not getting better either

Yea I have decent separation & vascularity in my quads but I don't see me getting any mass in them in my current situation.Shit even 2866 doesn't work for them & that works for everything else.

Yea I have decent separation & vascularity in my quads but I don't see me getting any mass in them in my current situation.Shit even 2866 doesn't work for them & that works for everything else.

Mine are ruined from caring 90 extra pounds around for 10 years….take a back pack and put 2 -45 pound plates in it and walk around for 10 years….;)

Leg press machine and hack squat machine..U won't look like Tom platts but I get decent growth

I work the shit outta my hams. Light squats on Smith Machine. Gonna incorporate about 250-350 light extensions per recommendation from a bad ass female I know who does 1500. Legs are alright, but like you said these knees are holding them back. Hell I get aches in them for standing/walking too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work the shit outta my hams. Light squats on Smith Machine. Gonna incorporate about 250-350 light extensions per recommendation from a bad ass female I know who does 1500. Legs are alright, but like you said these knees are holding them back. Hell I get aches in them for standing/walking too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy shit 1500lb extensions??That's crazy!

Go lighter with higher reps. You'll still get quite a bit of hypertrophy and the lighter workload should work well with your knee issues.

I don't have a problem with knees, but my lower back prevents me from doing squats heavy and I will do 20 plus rep sets with no more than 225

I have knee issues and lower back issues! There is a huge benefit to leg extensions especially if it's an exercise that you can do with minimal pain! For me I have to go light with leg extensions and high reps! I agree with 44 on the high reps with leg extensions and a lot of studies are proving that. Here is one that you can read. I know you didn't write that you had acl repair but you can see the benefits to leg extension in this study.
https://www.researchgate.net/profil..._sports_A_/links/54ddfdfd0cf23bf204396065.pdf

Bro... mine hurt too. I just recently started using aspercream on them in the morning. That shit works. Also taking glucosamine and staying hydrated. Sometimes I inject straight castor oil into the joint to lube it up. (Jk with the last one) give the aspercream a shot. Shits cheap. Just takes the real PAIN away, but it's not gonna fix anything

Also.. ive found the more I'm working on my hamstrings, the bigger my quads look and feel. Try putting more emphasis on hams and only do a couple exercises for quads

Top Bottom