napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Home Gym Build on the cheap

walkonwings

Alright so many of you know the gyms are filled with a lot of Yolos and disgusting pigs most of the time(someone on the board mentioned they recently got a staph infection from their gym) so with that being said I wanted to rotate between the gym and my home. Workout at the gym when it's less crowded and the remainder of the time at home. Here is the newest edition to my home gym... I spent $200 on the power rack, amazing sale courtesy of Amazon. home gym.jpg

I wanted to get a mat for this power rack but the mats that are marketed as "gym mats" were upwards of $150 for a 4x6 mat. This rubber mat is thicker than your average gym mat and has a nice nonslip texture and only cost me $40 for a 4x6 piece and can be picked up at your local feed/animal store. It's sold as a horse stall mat lol Win! Also got some nice iron plates coming... It's coming along nicely.

Yes those mats are great, priced right , very sturdy but heavy as shit . Takes two people to move them right. I. Almost bought 4 at the same time. Glad I didn't !!!

Yes those mats are great, priced right , very sturdy but heavy as shit . Takes two people to move them right. I. Almost bought 4 at the same time. Glad I didn't !!!

It was a bitch to move.... Lol Heavy as hell but they are extremely solid. Much better than those little puzzle piece foam gym mats they sell online lol And the rubber "gym mats" are just way overpriced.

And for next week or so the room is gonna sticky like dirty rubber... That's dirty rubber, not like a dirty rubber ,,,,lol

LMFAO Actually when I bought this one it was stored outside so I think most of the stench had dissipated. lol

Nice setup. What the exact name of the one you bought? Theres a ton of home gyms on there, but some have really shitty reviews. I'm doing some remodeling and I'm pretty sure I can fit that.

Nice setup. What the exact name of the one you bought? Theres a ton of home gyms on there, but some have really shitty reviews. I'm doing some remodeling and I'm pretty sure I can fit that.

It was the "FITNESS REALITY 810XLT 800lbs Weight Capacity"(same model as the IRONMAN H-Class 810XLT). They were selling them for $168 and then they went up to $200 and I bought one right then and now they are sold out.... They were selling unbelievably fast... they might restock them though idk.

Nice set up bro. I had a squat rack, flat bench, two adjustable benches, 1400 lbs of db's ranging from 30's to 150's. Had to leave it in my office area when I retired because I didn't have room in the moving truck for it when I went to move with my family. Talk about some shit sandwich meat. All good though, shit happens. I liked having a gym at work, just don't want one at home so the wife can say just go in the garage and not the gym. Gonna carpet half the garage, couch it up, throw a big screen in there and graffiti it up like Metroflex.

Nice set up bro. I had a squat rack, flat bench, two adjustable benches, 1400 lbs of db's ranging from 30's to 150's. Had to leave it in my office area when I retired because I didn't have room in the moving truck for it when I went to move with my family. Talk about some shit sandwich meat. All good though, shit happens. I liked having a gym at work, just don't want one at home so the wife can say just go in the garage and not the gym. Gonna carpet half the garage, couch it up, throw a big screen in there and graffiti it up like Metroflex.

Lol I feel ya, my gym time is my "get away from everyone" time. Having a shit heap of home equipment can be a pain in the ass but it saves me from braving the gym on those extra busy days with all those stringer wearing yolos haha Well worth packing the shit up if you decide to move. And not a bad idea... I wanna do a game room like Dylan's but i'm running out of space lol

Top Bottom