napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Help With TSH Blood Results

Testdude63

Came back with these scores. Doc said "Everything is normal." I asked for a copy and it was emailed to me... She will not prescribe me anything for this. Does this mean t3 would be beneficial or is this normal? I'm so confused lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-11-14 at 8.35.25 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2016-11-14 at 8.35.25 AM.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 16
Came back with these scores. Doc said "Everything is normal." I asked for a copy and it was emailed to me... She will not prescribe me anything for this. Does this mean t3 would be beneficial or is this normal? I'm so confused lol.

Buddy, putting this whole bodybuilding thing aside, consider the following:
1. Do you have actual symptoms (cold intolerance, lethargy, sluggish cognition) relating to hypothyroidism? Do you think those symptoms correlate with your thyroid hormone status?
2. Did you ask your physician why she did not prescribe anything, or what could be the reason for the reduced T3 and lower TSH?
3. Did you have any past blood tests to compare it to? Do you have thyroid issues/autoimmune diseases running in your immediate family?
4. Did you run T3 in the past without prescription?
5. Did you recently recover from an acute clinical condition/disease or moved from a significantly hotter climate to a significantly colder one?

Would taking T3 elevate your T3? of course. But consider that T3 suppresses normal TSH, so if you have a clinical condition, T3 may not be the answer for you, if the problem is of pituitary origin.

Excellent points made above :).

I was feeling a bit sluggish and lethargic, so I decided to have it checked. My mother is on the lower end, but not low enough to merit treatment.

She said, "Your thyroid is fine." when I asked why cytomel or the like wouldn't be prescribed.

No past bloods on thyroid to compare, unfortunately.

I did move to a very hot climate a little over two years ago. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Thanks again!

Excellent points made above :).

I was feeling a bit sluggish and lethargic, so I decided to have it checked. My mother is on the lower end, but not low enough to merit treatment.

She said, "Your thyroid is fine." when I asked why cytomel or the like wouldn't be prescribed.

No past bloods on thyroid to compare, unfortunately.

I did move to a very hot climate a little over two years ago. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Thanks again!

Alright, so in the clinical context you gave me in light of my inquiries, without dissin' anyone on this forum, I would approach it from a clinical standpoint in stead of asking people with strictly bodybuilding experience for opinion on this matter.

Now there is a term called "subclinical hypothyroidism" which means that a blood panel would show a low end, without apparent symptoms. It's very common for direct bloodline to be affected, namely the mother. Relocation as I mentioned could present as a precipitating factor.

Since I do not practice in the US I cannot dispense medical advice, for liability purposes. Consider that if you ARE experiencing symptoms, no longer is the doctor allowed to categorize this as "subclinical" hypothyroidism and has to dispense medication.

Depending on the underlying reason to this condition (it could be due to low TSH secondary to pituitary hypofunction, or perhaps hypofunctioning thyroid gland) - either way, medication is an easy way to fix it. The issue is, and that is why doctors hate jumping on this medication train, is that if you need it, you may essentially rely on it for the rest of your life. I have to say it sounds worse than it is, it really is no big deal and there are no long term issues at all supplementing with THs, if you don't mind it.

Your doctor seems like he/she is stepping on the safer side and may be holding off until you really have symptoms before he/she considers supplementing.

Can you live with subclinical hypothyroidism? Yes, it has no symptoms.
Can you live with mild clinical hypothyroidism? Yes, but if you are active, or an athlete, you won't be a happy camper.
Can this condition be treated without TH supplementation? Well, if this is due to hypofunction - that's the way to go.

You also need to consider your age, and whether or not you previously self medicated with thyroid medication, mind you.

Hope this helps.

Personally I wouldn't use T3. If I did need thyroid therapy/treatment it damn sure would be supervised by a medical professional. Just my thoughts. Most doc's here tend to error on the side of caution as blue said so put your mind to rest and monitor the situation at least annually IMO.

Top Bottom