napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Hard gainers

MP2018

Just an insight of my "bulk" after check in this morning. I lost 2lbs this week at 5100 calories. So I'm upping to 5400 cals. This is when it gets difficult. I'm constantly eating and it gets exhausting but it's what is needed to grow. Some of us really have to eat to put on size. I've done it before so I know it's possible. The good part is cutting in spring is easy with such high cals.

Wow that's a nice chunk of grub, just curious of your stats, watched a video of Phil Heath talking about bulking at 6400+ and maintaining with around 4,000 + I think it was.

Wow that's a nice chunk of grub, just curious of your stats, watched a video of Phil Heath talking about bulking at 6400+ and maintaining with around 4,000 + I think it was.

Im currently 6'1" 230 lbs around 12-13bf. I've always been a string bean. Graduate hs 6'1" 160 lbs lol. My body can stay around 215-220 maintaining 4200 cals. I can eat alot and not change much but as soon as cals drop I lose pretty easy. About 4 years ago I got up to 8000 for a few weeks. It was just awful trying to eat that much. I got to 245 though. I'm on a good cycle this time so hoping for good results

That's a lot but it's what it takes for some people and I hope folk coming here complaining that they can never gain muscle take note.

That's a lot but it's what it takes for some people and I hope folk coming here complaining that they can never gain muscle take note.

Exactly, that's why I was curious about the stats, 6"1 230 12-13% Nice job on making it work and I hear ya!!

I was a runt in HS 5'9 135-140 ish? Put my dues in and got to 185 in a couple of years, still 5'9 though haven't figured how to change that part yet lol. Now I'm sitting around 192 at 13% Just started my first cycle 300 mg test cyp a week 18 days ago got weighed at Dr last night after a day of eating and was 200.

Hate to be cliché and sound like Rich Piana but we got to do whatever it takes, eat 2k cal or 6k cal.

Exactly, that's why I was curious about the stats, 6"1 230 12-13% Nice job on making it work and I hear ya!!

I was a runt in HS 5'9 135-140 ish? Put my dues in and got to 185 in a couple of years, still 5'9 though haven't figured how to change that part yet lol. Now I'm sitting around 192 at 13% Just started my first cycle 300 mg test cyp a week 18 days ago got weighed at Dr last night after a day of eating and was 200.

Hate to be cliché and sound like Rich Piana but we got to do whatever it takes, eat 2k cal or 6k cal.

Nice work bro! We are all different and some need to eat more, alot more lol. Important thing is we keep working hard and learning.

How old are you? My boy is 22 and weighs 173lbs @ 10%bf. At one point he was putting away 5000+ calories ED but couldn't gain weight if his life depended on it

How old are you? My boy is 22 and weighs 173lbs @ 10%bf. At one point he was putting away 5000+ calories ED but couldn't gain weight if his life depended on it

Im 39. At his age I could eat shit all day and gain nothing. I really had to work at eating enough and training intense. It takes time and consistency

Same here, in my 20's, 30's I could literally eat anything and everything I wanted and not gain a pound. Things are a little different today, lol

I understand this dilemma better than most. In my 20s I was about 140 lbs soaking wet and could eat everything in sight without gaining a pound. I had to force feed to gain muscle. It's a chore but it can be overcome.

Once I hit my mid 30s, metabolism caught up with me and I started getting fat eating the same way so I really had to start monitoring my diet. Now I'm 43 so I really have to keep structure in what I'm doing to stay on track.

There's positives and negatives to both sides. Obviously I can't get away with near the leniency that I did when I was younger, but I don't have to eat as much to gain muscle either. Unfortunately fat gain comes easy as well if I don't watch it

Hard gainer checking in... I actually found I had to really hone in on my macros to grow a bit. I responded better to 1.2-1.5 grams of protein per day than the recommended .8-1 grams that you hear so much about. I also don't respond well to super high carbs so I don't eat a lot of them, about 150 grams a day +/-. I am sure I could put on faster but I can't eat constantly. I found this one little change helped with recovery, strength, and gains albeit slow which I am fine with.

Top Bottom