napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Gyno surgery

GoneWithGomez

So I’m having gynecomastia surgery on August 14 and the thought of not being able to train for 6 weeks sounds miserable, was wondering for those of you that have gotten it done how was it not being able to train for that time? Any tips on not losing muscle mass? Was hoping to continue trying to drop some fat while not being able to train. Diet will prob be switched over to straight veggies and protein along with healthy fats. Was also thinking after week 1 to begin walking bleachers at the park for some added cardio, all while the body permits of course. Any tips from experience is welcome! Thanks everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
you wont be lifting at least 4 weeks.. i was doing cardio after only 3 weeks... you should not be attempting to do cardio in only one week man, thats not smart at all

6 weeks won't kill you bro rest up. I'm on my 6th week healing my broken collar bone. Do some cardio and let your body heal up.

Had my surgery beginning of April. I stayed in the compression vest for most the first month. Once out of that I did cardio on the elliptical since it was low impact. Then started lifting again at week 6 lightly. Was back to lifting at will after week 8 with zero issues. But everyone is different so listen to your body and mind. My nipples and area around are still completely numb after 4 months. I Massaged the area a lot to help with scare tissue. And still do although not like at first. I one side I had a lot of fluid build up. I took it upon my self to drain it with a syringe once a week till it stopped. I’m all I drained out about 100cc worth over 6-8 weeks.

Diet wise I ate what I did prior just not as strict. I did gain some unwanted weight but nothing extra cardio didn’t help with. I didn’t lose hardly any muscle because I made sure I still consumed quality protein. Hope this helps you.

you wont be lifting at least 4 weeks.. i was doing cardio after only 3 weeks... you should not be attempting to do cardio in only one week man, thats not smart at all

You’re right my bro, I’ll wait until week 3 to think about doing some light cardio. Thanks!

6 weeks won't kill you bro rest up. I'm on my 6th week healing my broken collar bone. Do some cardio and let your body heal up.

I could only imagine what you’re going through man. Gonna wait it out. Time for that recovery that i never get lol

Had my surgery beginning of April. I stayed in the compression vest for most the first month. Once out of that I did cardio on the elliptical since it was low impact. Then started lifting again at week 6 lightly. Was back to lifting at will after week 8 with zero issues. But everyone is different so listen to your body and mind. My nipples and area around are still completely numb after 4 months. I Massaged the area a lot to help with scare tissue. And still do although not like at first. I one side I had a lot of fluid build up. I took it upon my self to drain it with a syringe once a week till it stopped. I’m all I drained out about 100cc worth over 6-8 weeks.

Diet wise I ate what I did prior just not as strict. I did gain some unwanted weight but nothing extra cardio didn’t help with. I didn’t lose hardly any muscle because I made sure I still consumed quality protein. Hope this helps you.

This definitely helped bro! Thank you! My only major concern is maybe the elasticity of my skin. I’m 28 yes still young but my right side is more prominent than my left one which worries me that once the gland is removed that it’ll
Look a bit weird. How did the scar look 4 months after surgery?

I’m 42 so you should be ok. My skin went back well. My scars are really small. They are barely noticeable and will only get more invisible according to the Dr. He went under my armpits right at the peckline. My left was more prominent than my right so more Work was done on that side which is why it’s still got more area of numbness. Im pretty happy so far. I got definition that I’ve never had my entire life. He said what he pulled out was the size of half a golf ball from each side. Then lipo’d all the fat out.

Had surgery today So thought I’d post this here to show everyone how big my gyno was. Doc said i prob had one of the biggest ones he’s done in the last 20 years. Can’t wait to see how my chest looks once i remove the garment. The embarrassment always being there was so bad. And hopefully now, it won’t be there anymore. Not even i thought it would be that big lol. Supposedly the indentation on the left will go away according to doc
7e8ddac43e9582d7549350b3d3ab2b7d.png
66bfd5954556e81010a740b55ecf6b39.png

Get well soon bro, once you get back in the gym and make all kinds of pec gains it will all be forgotten!

Awesome. You won’t be disappointed. I’m not. The indentation will go away. Mine has. Went to my 3 month checkup a couple weeks ago and Doc said everything looks great. I am still pretty much completely numb around my nipples still. That could take months to come back according to him. Everyone is different so don’t take that to the bank. I did have lots of fluid build up on my left side that I took upon my self to drain out with a 10cc syringe. The first 6 weeks or so I was draining roughly 10cc a week. I kept wearing the compression vest for 6 weeks even though the Doc said I only needed to wear it a couple weeks. I figured overkill was ok in this instance.
I know what you mean about being insecure about it. I have never been completely comfortable with my shirt off growing up because of it. Now next summer should be different. Haha.

Awesome. You won’t be disappointed. I’m not. The indentation will go away. Mine has. Went to my 3 month checkup a couple weeks ago and Doc said everything looks great. I am still pretty much completely numb around my nipples still. That could take months to come back according to him. Everyone is different so don’t take that to the bank. I did have lots of fluid build up on my left side that I took upon my self to drain out with a 10cc syringe. The first 6 weeks or so I was draining roughly 10cc a week. I kept wearing the compression vest for 6 weeks even though the Doc said I only needed to wear it a couple weeks. I figured overkill was ok in this instance.
I know what you mean about being insecure about it. I have never been completely comfortable with my shirt off growing up because of it. Now next summer should be different. Haha.

Yes! Definitely things will change now! Yeah my doc wants me to wear for the 6 weeks. They were worried about me cause apparently
Coming off of anesthesia i got violent and started pulling stuff and they had to get 5 people to hold me down and then they strapped me down. So I’m hoping i didn’t
Damage anything. I did my follow up today and just saw only the portion of my upper chest and so far i like what i see i can’t wait to see the whole thing!

Top Bottom