napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Is a gym holiday required every so often?

StephMalachy

Hey again guys

Im finished a cycle the other day was supposed to be a bulk but was went terrible. Day 1 of 4 week PCT today along with GW501516 and MK2866.

Trying todo keto diet at the minute to strip away any excess fat I gained while bulking.

Anyway my question is do you guys think its necessary to put gym aside for like a month or more. Just completely packaway the gym bag, the weighing scales for food, the supplements etc and just kind of detox and renew yourself?

Im think of just literally disassosciating myself with it all for 1 month because ive been training non stop for 2 years, ive never had more than like 2/3 in a row off gym, even on holidays I spend a couple hours a day in gym. At the beginning especially my very first cycle everything was amazing the gains were incredible and felt on top the world. But now when ive been reflecting lately my whole world revolves around gym im spending like 80% of my time thinking about food prep, training, supplements, doing everything right and ive lost motivation alot especially bevause im not seeing much gains and my social life has taken a hit from it over the past 6 months.

Im nearly forcing myself to ‘want to want’ that kind of lifestyle but at the beginning there was so much excitement that it was impossible to hold me back.

Im going to quit for a month anyway im just interested to hear what yous all think for yourselves?

Hey again guys

Im finished a cycle the other day was supposed to be a bulk but was went terrible. Day 1 of 4 week PCT today along with GW501516 and MK2866.

Trying todo keto diet at the minute to strip away any excess fat I gained while bulking.

Anyway my question is do you guys think its necessary to put gym aside for like a month or more. Just completely packaway the gym bag, the weighing scales for food, the supplements etc and just kind of detox and renew yourself?

Im think of just literally disassosciating myself with it all for 1 month because ive been training non stop for 2 years, ive never had more than like 2/3 in a row off gym, even on holidays I spend a couple hours a day in gym. At the beginning especially my very first cycle everything was amazing the gains were incredible and felt on top the world. But now when ive been reflecting lately my whole world revolves around gym im spending like 80% of my time thinking about food prep, training, supplements, doing everything right and ive lost motivation alot especially bevause im not seeing much gains and my social life has taken a hit from it over the past 6 months.

Im nearly forcing myself to ‘want to want’ that kind of lifestyle but at the beginning there was so much excitement that it was impossible to hold me back.

Im going to quit for a month anyway im just interested to hear what yous all think for yourselves?
You answered this yourself. Your body knows when its time to take a break. Sometimes a break from anything in life gives u motivation to begin again. So do what is best for your mind body and soul bro. Take the break. Recover mentally and physically. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I give myself a week off usually every two months or so. A month to me would be too long, but to each his own. Got to do you.

Hey guys, yeah its not a question as such, im certain that 1 month atleast is best.. Just sort of want to hear peoples personal opinions for general disscussion

I think a month is too long to do that, and personally you don't ever want to stray too far on your diet. I take a full week off every 3 months or so. Actually today is my first day off of 7 that I won't touch a weight at all. It's good for the body to take a break every now and then, and then to regroup, recovery and be ready to take on the weights again to really make some progress. Some of the best progress I've ever made was coming back from a week off.

Any time I'm on vacation I don't stay all that strict with my diet. I just make sure I hit my protein. When you aren't training for a week and breaking down tissue, your caloric requirements and protein requirements will be lower as well to maintain. Just don't stray too far on the diet.

The physical and mental break can certainly be beneficial

Thats my thinking rick, its nearly all down to the mental rest. My body physically is probably fine. Its mentally that i need to rest, step back reflect and then go at it again.

A month seems like an eternity but you're def overdue for a break. If you're mentally and/or physically drained definitely let off the gas for a bit and take your mind off things. Jumping right into a keto diet immediately after coming off a bulk cycle doesn't seem like a great idea IMO, I would ease into that. I also wouldn't have a set amount of days off in your head that you NEED to take off, listen to your body and go by feel.

Overtraining can happen even on cycle. I'm typically pretty motivated to wake up and hit the weights but when it feela like I'm not motivated to get up or I start getting there and not wanting to do anything I give myself a week off. Every One has a lot of shit going on in their lives and it can get pretty taxing mentally and physically. Its always good to take a break and reset yourself.

I usually deload every 6-8 weeks. sometimes i take a week off go on how you feel everyone is different

Definately i wont set exactly 1 month off because thats just a bit stupid ill just rest until my hunger and motivation to go back renews.

I remember watching those CT fletcher videos years ago along with others whod say no rest days and arms everyday etc lol. Took it too literally

one month is WAY too long... WAY too long... a good week every 3-4 months is great... thats necessary but a month is way beyond over doing it

I just started taking a week off about every three months. I feel renewed... I don't loose any strength...I always see improvement after the week off. I had a gym friend that took a week off every 6 weeks and he was ripped. I guess what ever works. But most of my weeks off aren't planned for say it just shit pops up and If I miss more than two or three days straight...I call it a week. I am man of schedule....get it fucked up and I get all messed up. Think I have read some where that two weeks is the most to go without training. After that your body starts to rid itself of muscle tissue.

I hear what yous are all saying about a month being too long, but the thing is at the moment i dont even care about losing gains and all the rest im literally at the point of just being fed up of forcing myself for so long. Thats why in this circumstance i think i have to find that hunger to want to go hard at it again, which could be 1 week or 1 year i dont even know. This break has nothing todo with physical rest, its literally all the mental thing in my head.

Week to 10 days...vacation...thats all i could do....i love the iron.....like a fat kid loves cake lol.....wouldnt have anything to do in a month off bored as fuck....but u gotta do u bro....

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Week to 10 days...vacation...thats all i could do....i love the iron.....like a fat kid loves cake lol.....wouldnt have anything to do in a month off bored as fuck....but u gotta do u bro....

My gym is about to close for about 10 days for renovations. Not sure if I'm going to just relax or go somewhere else.

My gym is about to close for about 10 days for renovations. Not sure if I'm going to just relax or go somewhere else.
I usually take that about once a year...go to the river or Florida for my daughter's cheer comp... other than that just a few days off in a row every month or so....if i wasnt going somewhere i dont think i could do the 10 days....just staying home work etc...gyms my outlet and alone time lol...

The gym is my outlet as I am sober from alcohol and cigarettes for over 7 years. I find peace at the gym as I live in NYC which is stressful as it is. Especially in Da BRONX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom