napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

GW Positives and Drawbacks

Jh2

I've read several threads about which sarms would be best for things such as MMA and metabolic conditioning workouts, etc and I was curious to get some opinions on the following:

I've found GW to be very helpful in improving aerobic capacity but it seems to be limited to monostructural exercises such as long distance rowing, biking, running, etc.

On the other hand, I've found it (run solo)to hinder activities that rely primarily on glycolytic energy system as apposed to the oxidative or aerobic system. Activities such as MMA, metcons, low rep strength training, etc would primarily rely on carbohydrates and the glycolysis system as the intensity would be higher.

I guess my question would revolve around why that would be the case. I suspect it could be that GW forces the body to utilize fat and the oxidative energy system instead of the phoshagen or glycolysis? Furthermore, I would assume the the increase in the PPAR gene in slow twitch muscle fibers would also contribute to less power and explosive athletic ability as those are primarily associated with fast twitch muscle fibers.

With that being said, I did find there to be a better synergy when combined with RAD and SR and not the substantial decline in activities that rely on glycolytic energy system. However, RAD tanked my lipid profile just like a pro-hormone.

So, I guess I'm also still trying to figure out the best combination for an athlete that's NOT purely in an endurance sport such as long distance running or triathlons. I realize most ready this are primarily into body building and this thread isn't your cup of tea.

I find your post interesting and thought provoking and although I am a weightlifter and haven't experienced any loss of endurance although I sweat a lot more during training. I'm going to dig for an answer to all you've said.

I have personally only seen benefits to all aspects of my training with GW. That goes for the cardio as well as the weight training. I train high intensity low volume with very heavy low rep rest paused sets to failure, and I see benefits to my improved rest times respectively. I have never seen a dip in power or strength during those movements myself.

I do know many people that train mma that have benefited considerably with GW as well, and use it exclusively for the be fits it offers to their training, so it's honestly something that I see no negatives in whatsoever and only positives

i do 80 minutes of cardio per day... i also weight train another hour on top of that... i fucking blast through things... my heart rate barely even elevates, i talk like im not even working hard when i am actually busting my ass... i have used gw many times and currently am now and have had NOTHING but the most positive and performance enhancing benefits with it... i have never found nor used anything that touches it for endurance and i have been saying that since i first tried it nearly 6 years ago now...

Top Bottom