domestic-supply.com        sarms.forsale
bannednutrition.com
sarms.forsale
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GW-501516 killing lifts?

GW-501516 killing lifts?

Hey guys, recently doing some research on cardarine(gw) and saw its benefits for aerobic/cardio work, in its ability to shift the body's fuel source to mainly fat, but my question is would this lead to a deacrease in anerobic preformance, specifically for lifting and exercies like push ups/sit ups (military dude here so these are a big focus) has anyone who's taken this noticed that they perform worse in that aspect? Since the body went be using glycogen? Sny info would be great! Thanks guys

why would you believe that? it would only enhance w/e physical activity u're doing by boosting your cardio endurance. it will allow you to take shorter breaks between sets and it's non catabolic...

what??? what?? its basically the ultimate performance enhancer out there... i have no clue where you are coming up with that but it increases your overall performance to the highest extent.. you are going to see huge increases in muscular endurance, require far less rest and have a far quicker recovery...

I was reading somewhere that, since it switches your body's preference for fuel to fats as opposed to carbs, and also changes type 2 muscle fibers to type 1

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Endura95 View Post
    I was reading somewhere that, since it switches your body's preference for fuel to fats as opposed to carbs, and also changes type 2 muscle fibers to type 1
    Did that 'somewhere' mention rats rather than humans?

you try it and see if anything slows down man... see the results for yourself

Quick answer, your body will still use it's glycogen stores for quick ATP, but GW allows your body to mobilize fat quicker for ATP as well. So no, it shouldn't lower your performance.

Just like your body uses fat more when walking, but as you increase intensity it is still using a similar amount of fat for ATP but since ATP requirements go up it will begin to tap more and more into muscle glycogen. GW will just turn up how much fat can be used for ATP before it taps heavily into the muslce glycogen.

I've been on a cycle of just cardinine for about a week, I've had a couple lifts where I felt week, in not sure if that's due to really killing it on Monday so I'm not sure if I notice a difference, I'm gonna re evaluate on Monday after resting over the weekend, but I've seen a couple logs as well where guys have said to experiance, strength loss, so I just wanted to know if you guys had similar or opposite experiences

Quote Originally Posted by RedMorkai View Post
    Quick answer, your body will still use it's glycogen stores for quick ATP, but GW allows your body to mobilize fat quicker for ATP as well. So no, it shouldn't lower your performance.

Just like your body uses fat more when walking, but as you increase intensity it is still using a similar amount of fat for ATP but since ATP requirements go up it will begin to tap more and more into muscle glycogen. GW will just turn up how much fat can be used for ATP before it taps heavily into the muslce glycogen.

Would this mean that explosive exercises that are most beneficial with muscle glycogen wouldn't be as effect or the same? From a science standpoint? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Endura95 View Post
    Would this mean that explosive exercises that are most beneficial with muscle glycogen wouldn't be as effect or the same? From a science standpoint? Thanks
    In theory the lower reps higher intensity would benefit less than the higher reps, but they would still benefit. Especially with the rest between sets bringing energy levels back up.

I've run GW on a low rep (2-5) powerlifting scheme and felt it helped for more overall volume. I'm not sure it helped me get more in a given set, but I felt it let me attack the following sets with more energy.

For a military setting with pushups/situps as you mentioned, you should see a benefit.