napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Go to chest exercise

Shunka Witko

If you only had time for one good chest exercise what would it be?

I'm trying to get a fuller chest and just can't get that good burn like I can other body parts.

I prefer heavy dumbell press and superset with light cable cross overs when i dont have much time in gym. Seems to get me a gr8 pump. Sometimes even do wide push ups to burn all the way out

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Incline dumbells......It's always in the rotation somewhere.

For chest size such as full ness. Pec decks. Hands down. Or dumbbell flys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if you want that nice cut line under your pec. Lower grip cable crossovers. Hands ending near the same level as your hips.

Awesome! Thanks for the tips!! I think I'll take each suggestion and make a full routine of it. I'll just add in the good ole Sven press at the end for good measure.

why at hips? I figured to bring em all the way up

Your chest is made up of three parts. If you go up w the crossover. You will hit upper chest and engage some delts. If you go middle like a pec deck you will create mass and center definition but to get the small lower pec muscle you must squeeze downward to engage it and not the others except for secondary help. Also these are done with the cable at its highest point of adjustment

If you only had time for one good chest exercise what would it be?

I'm trying to get a fuller chest and just can't get that good burn like I can other body parts.

It's not always about the burn. The two best exercises for me for size is flat bb bench and incline db flys. I like to go heavy with both. Throw in incline machine press n cable flys for a burn

The point of lower by hips is to engage the costal muscles and the abdominal head of your pectoral major. Which are small muscles laying under neath and will create that cut chest plate look

It's not always about the burn. The two best exercises for me for size is flat bb bench and incline db flys. I like to go heavy with both. Throw in incline machine press n cable flys for a burn

I would agree only with size as far as the outer chest. Only way to grow the inner for size and mass is cable work or flys. To spurred that middle and get it to grow. Many guys I see have large chest by the arm pits and upper chest by clavicle but not chest mass.

I do agree however that implementing bb and db movements along with cable flye and machine movements are where it's at overall

I start with compounds, then db and machines and finish with cable flyes or pec deck

Flat bench at 50% IRM 10x10 with 90 sec between sets. This is generally my go to when pressed for time or just do the boring but big "I ain't doing shit" portion of Wendler's 5/3/1

Top Bottom