napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Giving blood on cycle-a recipient view?

Macgyver123

Hi all. I know that sometimes you need to give blood on cycle in order to reduce red blood count but as someone who likes to donate. Is there a medical reason why my "on cycle" blood would be bad for a recipient?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all. I know that sometimes you need to give blood on cycle in order to reduce red blood count but as someone who likes to donate. Is there a medical reason why my "on cycle" blood would be bad for a recipient?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Nothing to worry about whatsoever. They take one pint of blood which is less than 10% of your blood volume. That would mean the blood serum levels and concentrations of compounds in your body would be reduced by at least 90% when given to a recipient and that's not even taking into account how long the blood sits as the concemtration goes down based on half lives.

In the series of questions they ask you if you want them to give your blood to recipients. Simply say no if you feel uncomfortable with it. It is anonymous and a blind answer. I haven't done it in a while, but I believe it's a bar code sticker you put at the top of the page. One is for Yes and the other is for no.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

In the series of questions they ask you if you want them to give your blood to recipients. Simply say no if you feel uncomfortable with it. It is anonymous and a blind answer. I haven't done it in a while, but I believe it's a bar code sticker you put at the top of the page. One is for Yes and the other is for no.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If you say no, then what do they do with the blood?

Nope. Nothing to worry about whatsoever. They take one pint of blood which is less than 10% of your blood volume. That would mean the blood serum levels and concentrations of compounds in your body would be reduced by at least 90% when given to a recipient and that's not even taking into account how long the blood sits as the concemtration goes down based on half lives.
perfectly said here brother

Top Bottom