napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Gave Blood Today

Testdude63

8 weeks in to a test/eq/mast blast and went to donate blood. I was expecting hemoglobin to be high and on the verge of being out of range, but it came up at 13.7. I was pretty shocked that it was much lower than when I was running a test only blast. Interestingly enough, my vascularity has been completely off the charts the past 2 weeks. Leg veins I've only seen when I'm sub 7% (sitting around 11% atm) and hand, bicep, shoulder veins like roadmaps.

Why was my hemoglobin so low? I eat plenty of iron rich foods.

Nice! I'm giving blood on the 26th... A blood drive bus comes to my work site every few months.

Not sure about the hemoglobin...

Pharma Lady Rep

Nice! I'm giving blood on the 26th... A blood drive bus comes to my work site every few months.

Not sure about the hemoglobin...

Pharma Lady Rep

It's always good to give blood. Save a life and help yourself out in the meantime.

Yeah, I'm a bit confused as to why my hemoglobin was lower than normal despite being on eq and test.

8 weeks in to a test/eq/mast blast and went to donate blood. I was expecting hemoglobin to be high and on the verge of being out of range, but it came up at 13.7. I was pretty shocked that it was much lower than when I was running a test only blast. Interestingly enough, my vascularity has been completely off the charts the past 2 weeks. Leg veins I've only seen when I'm sub 7% (sitting around 11% atm) and hand, bicep, shoulder veins like roadmaps.

There's a lot of things that can factor in to why your hemoglobin may be higher or lower, so it's really hard to say. Everybody and every situation can be different. It could have been higher before if you had never gave blood before that point, and if you've given within the last year it could bring your levels down some. I would just look at it as a good thing that your levels are where they are and not sky high

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

There's a lot of things that can factor in to why your hemoglobin may be higher or lower, so it's really hard to say. Everybody and every situation can be different. It could have been higher before if you had never gave blood before that point, and if you've given within the last year it could bring your levels down some. I would just look at it as a good thing that your levels are where they are and not sky high

Yeah, it was my 3rd time giving blood. I go every 8 weeks now :). I suppose it is a good thing. I'm constantly hydrated too, so that could have something to do with it.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Here's a summary of my donations:

16.5 -I was on a test only cycle

13.7 - today 8 weeks into a test/eq/mast cycle of 500/700/600

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Here's a summary of my donations:

16.5 -I was on a test only cycle

13.7 - today 8 weeks into a test/eq/mast cycle of 500/700/600

That looks about spot on to what I'd expect honestly. Your hemoglobin numbers should lower and improve a little each time until it is optimal if you keep up on those regular donations.

It would have been highest the first time because you obviously hadnt donated yet at that point

That looks about spot on to what I'd expect honestly. Your hemoglobin numbers should lower and improve a little each time until it is optimal if you keep up on those regular donations.

It would have been highest the first time because you obviously hadnt donated yet at that point

I'm just surprised it isn't a bit higher since EQ is notorious for raising hemoglobin and hemocrit. I spoke with Phurious and he told me 8 weeks is too short for a big elevation since EQ is such a long ester. I guess we'll see where I'm at come week 16? lol

I'm just surprised it isn't a bit higher since EQ is notorious for raising hemoglobin and hemocrit. I spoke with Phurious and he told me 8 weeks is too short for a big elevation since EQ is such a long ester. I guess we'll see where I'm at come week 16? lol

I don't know man. I think the rise in hematocrit gets overplayed a bit honestly. I give blood religiously every 8 weeks, and my hematocrit is always about the same. It doesn't matter if I'm on blast, cruise, or what compounds I'm on. I ran EQ this winter 16 weeks at 800mg and I had blood drawn around week 8 and around week 16. Both were the same and around the same as it is she I'm cruising on 200mg test C.

Now I will say, had I not donated at all in some time the levels would steadily climb. The results are cumulative, and take time to rise. That's why it's best to be proactive and stay on top of it by donating regularly. You are doing the right thing brother. Just keep it up

I don't know man. I think the rise in hematocrit gets overplayed a bit honestly. I give blood religiously every 8 weeks, and my hematocrit is always about the same. It doesn't matter if I'm on blast, cruise, or what compounds I'm on. I ran EQ this winter 16 weeks at 800mg and I had blood drawn around week 8 and around week 16. Both were the same and around the same as it is she I'm cruising on 200mg test C.

Now I will say, had I not donated at all in some time the levels would steadily climb. The results are cumulative, and take time to rise. That's why it's best to be proactive and stay on top of it by donating regularly. You are doing the right thing brother. Just keep it up

Appreciate your input, brother. I guess I'll just continue to give every 8 weeks :)

Although common, it's still just a potential side effect as everyone is different.

Are you naturally pale by any chance? Not ghostly white, but not dark tanned? More often than not some people just have less than ideal haematologic functioning. Low volume, low transportation, poor cell formation. Sometimes genetic, other times from many contributing factors. Substances like EQ can still bring you into normal range without skyrocketing you to Jupiter.

When most people hear about blood abnormalities etc, they immediately think "IRON" and anaemia. But the reality is, there are actually more than 400 different types of anaemias, of which more than 3/4 have absolutely nothing to do with iron. Which is why they are hard to diagnose and often go unnoticed.

What happens is, your body has plenty enough iron (so you get the on-paper all clear) but due to (whatever haematologic reason) your body can not use it properly.

When you get bloods it's usually a good idea to pull B12 (for cell formation) as well as the full blood panel and pay close attention as many of the numbers (even when in range) can tell you what kind of haematologic functioning you have.

Although common, it's still just a potential side effect as everyone is different.

Are you naturally pale by any chance? Not ghostly white, but not dark tanned? More often than not some people just have less than ideal haematologic functioning. Low volume, low transportation, poor cell formation. Sometimes genetic, other times from many contributing factors. Substances like EQ can still bring you into normal range without skyrocketing you to Jupiter.

When most people hear about blood abnormalities etc, they immediately think "IRON" and anaemia. But the reality is, there are actually more than 400 different types of anaemias, of which more than 3/4 have absolutely nothing to do with iron. Which is why they are hard to diagnose and often go unnoticed.

What happens is, your body has plenty enough iron (so you get the on-paper all clear) but due to (whatever haematologic reason) your body can not use it properly.

When you get bloods it's usually a good idea to pull B12 (for cell formation) as well as the full blood panel and pay close attention as many of the numbers (even when in range) can tell you what kind of haematologic functioning you have.

Very good information brother. Thanks for sharing that. Much appreciated

Actually, the majority of my ethnic background is Irish, and I am quite pale/fair skinned. I've always had poor blood flow to my hands and feet in extremely cold weather and my mother always has poor iron levels. It just seems odd that the hemoglobin keeps lowering substantially with each donation despite now being on lol. I guess it's like RickRock said, it's been lowering since the first time I donated was the first time on my 30+ years of life that I had given.

Thanks for the awesome post!

I give blood everytime the blood bank calls me. Everytime the the entire panel is always the same

I just gave blood today also 😊. I was lucky the lady hit the vein first jab.

Pharma Lady Rep

do you happen to know what your rbc and wbc was. K, Na? Like I posted b4 ,I can do a 20 weeker of eq and test and nothing changes in my bloods.

Top Bottom