Here's a very generic run down of my training week:

Monday: Legs, Back, Biceps, Delts, Calves
Tuesday: Chest 1,Triceps, Delts, Calves
Wednesday: Chest 2, Calves, Delts
Thursday: Legs, Calves, Back, Delts
Friday: Everything I hate to do, or needs a little extra
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Rest

Typical weights used:(sets usually 8-9 per exercise/ reps 8-14)
Biceps: 70-90 db's typically
Triceps: single arm- 60, 70
dual arm- stack plus 55-110 additional pounds
Shoulders: 225 presses, 40-50 db laterals, 405 shrugs
Hams: Single Leg standing 100
Calves: seated 150, standing- body weight failure
Extensions: By feel for 250-300 reps
Chest 1: 225 warm up/315/405 sets
Chest 2: 225 warm up/315/365 sets (incline day)
Back: 315 for pulls

The frustration is that with my set count and rep range although I'm re-shaping my body I need more growth not necessarily significant weight gain, but growth. I'm wondering if i did all this in three/four days if I could signal additional development. Should I just up the weights?? Lower the reps?? Add some drol???

All I know is that I'm not seeing any 120 presses..so u should just quit..retire with dignity

Add d-rol and take 3 more days off during the week. The d-rol is magic beans.

In all seriousness (and this works for me before I get 20 responses saying "that's stupid") I have had the most success with ONE body part per day and I split up quads and hams in different days.

With the weights you're moving and with what I'm 110% sure is all out intensity you may not be giving your body enough rest.

I've been reading a lot lately about Central Nervous System over training in conjunction with over training the muscle. I think Yates was a big proponent of this.

There's this idea that we HAVE TO train every body part in a week. Why? If we have to move a body part from Friday to Monday so be it.

Last edited:
I have a few questions if you don't mind me asking.
1) how long have you been doing this routine?
2) what kind of response to this routine have you had?
3) what does your body respond to best high intensity or high volume?
4) how is your nutrition habits?
5) do you break your workouts up and do some body parts in am and some in pm?
In my opinion the answer to questions 3 and 4 are the most important.

I have a few questions if you don't mind me asking.
1) how long have you been doing this routine?
2) what kind of response to this routine have you had?
3) what does your body respond to best high intensity or high volume?
4) how is your nutrition habits?
5) do you break your workouts up and do some body parts in am and some in pm?
In my opinion the answer to questions 3 and 4 are the most important.

1. Maybe a month
2. Great so far. Good growth and improved body parts. Lats, quads, forearms , delts, pecs and calves all growing more
3. Definitely intensify (imo hell I like it)
4. Lately shit as I've been ill
5. Morning only I'm to exhausted to go back later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add d-rol and take 3 more days off during the week. The d-rol is magic beans.

In all seriousness (and this works for me before I get 20 responses saying "that's stupid") I have had the most success with ONE body part per day and I split up quads and hams in different days.

With the weights you're moving and with what I'm 110% sure is all out intensity you may not be giving your body enough rest.

I've been reading a lot lately about Central Nervous System over training in conjunction with over training the muscle. I think Yates was a big proponent of this.

There's this idea that we HAVE TO train every body part in a week. Why? If we have to move a body part from Friday to Monday so be it.

I'm training with another big guy Wednesday that does one body part per day to see how that goes, BUT he says he doesn't train heavy like me so it seems weird from the start.

1. Maybe a month
2. Great so far. Good growth and improved body parts. Lats, quads, forearms , delts, pecs and calves all growing more
3. Definitely intensify (imo hell I like it)
4. Lately shit as I've been ill
5. Morning only I'm to exhausted to go back later

Here is my opinion. I think you are trying to use every training variable at one time. Your intensity is high, your volume is high and the amount of time spent breaking down your body is high. I respond to a hybrid periodized plan that is a combination of linear and undulating periodization. I take a certain amount of time in each phase to accomplish a certain goal. My ultimate goal like you is to increase lean body mass so all of my phases revolve around me attaining that goal. For example I will spend 3 weeks in a modified strength phase with the objective of using the heaviest weight possible for 6-8 reps with decent form. My objective is to increase my strength to change my 10 rep max when I transition to a hypertrophy phase. I spend the most time in the hypertrophy phase and use different training protocols every 3 weeks. For example next week starts pre-exhaust and I will do a single joint exercise before doing a compound movement fro the same muscle group and keep the reps between 8-12. I think you need to separate your objectives into certain time frames which would increase your rest from a paticular type of training. Just my opinion and hope it makes sense.

Here is my opinion. I think you are trying to use every training variable at one time. Your intensity is high, your volume is high and the amount of time spent breaking down your body is high. I respond to a hybrid periodized plan that is a combination of linear and undulating periodization. I take a certain amount of time in each phase to accomplish a certain goal. My ultimate goal like you is to increase lean body mass so all of my phases revolve around me attaining that goal. For example I will spend 3 weeks in a modified strength phase with the objective of using the heaviest weight possible for 6-8 reps with decent form. My objective is to increase my strength to change my 10 rep max when I transition to a hypertrophy phase. I spend the most time in the hypertrophy phase and use different training protocols every 3 weeks. For example next week starts pre-exhaust and I will do a single joint exercise before doing a compound movement fro the same muscle group and keep the reps between 8-12. I think you need to separate your objectives into certain time frames which would increase your rest from a paticular type of training. Just my opinion and hope it makes sense.

I might give it a try to stim growth. I'm a big fan of hard and heavy, but I knew if I upped the weight anymore completing a workout would be impossible. I'll up weights and lower rep ranges to 6-8. Give it a shot and see what's up. Last time I did this I was 262 pounds though.

Up the weight and lower volume!!! Your answer was you respond to high intensity if you did that I believe you would notice a significant difference!!!!!! Give it a few weeks then go lighter weight higher volume for less time spent during high intensity. As we all know you grow when you rest not when we are causing the damage!!

Probably not what you want to hear 44. More rest. If you really want to smash it take a week off. Eat, rest, mellow out. Do what ever you need to do to recharge that big body and mind. Get back to the gym and hit it. Heavy weight low reps. Then change it up again brother. It's possible for a guy with your mindset to override your body. Even enhanced. You're an inspiration to a lot of others here, but even you need to rest bro. Every time I do this I come back stronger and feel better.

44; how often (or when was the last time) you took a week-ten days off?

44; how often (or when was the last time) you took a week-ten days off?

Week, ten days!!?!???!!?!????!!? My brain just bent in half. Ummm, that long... never. I'm sick and skipped today. Be back at it tomorrow and then take weekend off. When I need rest I take a day off, I sleep at night and I adjust my routine for lighter heavy weight. I get what your saying, but that long off would require me to be held hostage. I live by the guidelines set forth within The Code of The 44... time off is for the weak and the dead. We rest when we know it's wise in preparation for battle and strife. My gym is a living being and we are joined in holy matrimony. This is my gym, there are many like it, but this one is 44's. Without me, my gym weeps, the mortar crumbles and the pillars of it shake. Yes it's still technically a gym, but without The 44, is it really a gym?

So to answer that... never. Damn I hope somebody reads that shit thrice.

Week, ten days!!?!???!!?!????!!? My brain just bent in half. Ummm, that long... never. I'm sick and skipped today. Be back at it tomorrow and then take weekend off. When I need rest I take a day off, I sleep at night and I adjust my routine for lighter heavy weight. I get what your saying, but that long off would require me to be held hostage. I live by the guidelines set forth within The Code of The 44... time off is for the weak and the dead. We rest when we know it's wise in preparation for battle and strife. My gym is a living being and we are joined in holy matrimony. This is my gym, there are many like it, but this one is 44's. Without me, my gym weeps, the mortar crumbles and the pillars of it shake. Yes it's still technically a gym, but without The 44, is it really a gym?

So to answer that... never. Damn I hope somebody reads that shit thrice.

It's still a gym...it's just not nearly the same.

Kinda like this board would be without you.

I'm pretty sure you're the epitome of discipline, this is one of those times when you gotta use that discipline and do what's best in the long run. A week really isn't that long.

It's still a gym...it's just not nearly the same.

Kinda like this board would be without you.

I'm pretty sure you're the epitome of discipline, this is one of those times when you gotta use that discipline and do what's best in the long run. A week really isn't that long.

Lol, I had to battle myself for the longest not to train on weekends bro, but I agree rest is essential. I just get mine when I feel and onset of fatigue whether physical, or mental. Which technically is too late, but maybe I'll take a vacay for a week and not hunt the gym down.

After much deliberation (5 min) I decided to drop reps to 8-10, 5 working sets and rest on Wednesdays. So I will train M, T, TH and Fri. That's about as much of a compromise as I can make and still feel like myself. Whayever I've been doing for the most part has been working, but a small tweak may improve my results. 44 out.

After much deliberation (5 min) I decided to drop reps to 8-10, 5 working sets and rest on Wednesdays. So I will train M, T, TH and Fri. That's about as much of a compromise as I can make and still feel like myself. Whayever I've been doing for the most part has been working, but a small tweak may improve my results. 44 out.

As I am always eager to learn I have another question if you don't mind. What is your theory behind you current program? Chest, legs, back 2xs a week and possibly 3 pending what you pick to do on Friday and shoulders 5 days a week? What does that paticular program do for growth?

Top Bottom