napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Food on the go ideas

Slyder

Hey guys I am curios what y’all eat on the go. I leave early and get home late them go to gym. After that it’s home then bed. I eat a little breakfast at home and that it. The rest of the day I am out running around in a truck. I take what I can and eat a lot of cold meals. Some times I just don’t have enough meal prep.
I don’t eat fast food.
What do you guys eat on the go?.
If you have to buy while out what is your go to stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont eat on the go so thats tough for me to advise you on from personal experience... thats just about meal prep the night before

Chipotle burrito bowls with no rice
Chick Filet grilled nuggets
Boston Market Chicken or creamed spinach
im no expert but I do alot of travelling and these are in my opinion better options but meal prep is far superior

Some times I will go to a grocery store and get a rotisserie chicken, or a salad if they have a salad bar.
I forget Boston market.
Also did not know Chick-fil a had grilled nuggets.

It’s sux being a lifter who is on top of there eating because out choices out on the go are much more limited then the average person I am very on top of my meal prep also I have a wife that cooks most of my meals so it’s a lil easier for me. Waba bowl is my go to place when I run out of meals when I’m out.

Meal prep, plastic containers, Igloo cooler.

Cold meals arent a bad thing, there's a lot of people who don't use the microwave at all due to the potential for the microwave to Rob nutrients.

I put in 11 hours every day this week at the office plus training plus cardio in the morning plus all the volunteer work that I do. I will NEVER have less than three meals on me at any one time MINIMUM.

This is why I keep saying it's not about the hour a day that you're in the gym, it's about the 23 hours that you're not.

Last edited:
I used to have an issue with this as well. I work 12 hour shirfts and we rotate nights and days. Plays havoc on you when you try to eat at consistent times. I started intermittent fasting 4 weeks ago and find it much easier to get my macros and calories. Sometimes I don't have time to stop work and eat and the first part of work is the busiest so knowing I don't need to eat for the first 4 hours makes it easier to prepare. You can set the timeline to whatever works best for you. I am actually doing 18 off/6 on. I haven't lost any weight to speak of and my strength and everything is still up. I've noticed I don't drag ass at work or feel bloated all the time. Its also really hot and I have always had trouble eating if it were hot out. Maybe the desert fucked me up. I would recommend you to read through Ricks post on it. It has really helped me in that regard. You can also pull into a lot of gas stations and use their microwave to heat your foot up. Stop at the grocery store and buy veggie steamers if you can't keep fresh ones with you. Good luck, nutrition is key and its hard when you're on the go

Good stuff guys thanks.
I also found some convenience stores will have boiled eggs I will grab a package of two eggs and a banana with a bottle of carbonated water.
I meal prep 80% . It’s those other 20 I have to be careful with.
Keep em coming. Open discussions are the way we all learn

Like others stated, see what the convenience stores have. If they have hard boiled eggs those would be my first choice. If not, go with beef jerky, nuts, fruit if they have any. Its not the healthiest but deli meat if they have it.

not really quite sure the best carb options at a convenience stores. Rice cakes if they have them would be good, other than that or fruit, idk what healthy alternatives those stores sell in terms of carbs.

Here's a great meal: go to wendys order a plain double chicken breast sandwich and order a plain baked potato on the side. Throw away the bun and you're left with two chicken breasts and a baked potato. Macros around: P: 70 C:65 F: 10ish
I think wendys has the best quality chicken breast out of the major fast food places.

Top Bottom