napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

First Cycle: Calorie Deficit or Surplus

dpetze22

For your first cycle is it best to be in a calorie surplus or a deficit? I know this is largely dependent on the goals of the individual.

I would like to pack on as much muscle as possible while also remaining relatively lean. Not go above 13-14% bodyfat. Currently cutting down to 10-12%.

Any feedback and experience is appreciated.

clearly if you are trying to add a lot of size, eating at a large deficit is not smart bro... i think thats fairly common sense... on a test only cycle, you are not going to want to be in a deficit... just eat at maintenance to start and assess as you go but it takes time for a longer ester to kick so you have to give it some time

clearly if you are trying to add a lot of size, eating at a large deficit is not smart bro... i think thats fairly common sense... on a test only cycle, you are not going to want to be in a deficit... just eat at maintenance to start and assess as you go but it takes time for a longer ester to kick so you have to give it some time

That is what i figured. Just wanted to get feedback from people with actual experience. Will eat at maintenance and then adjust based on how my body responds.

Eat for the goal you have. Its that simple. If you are looking fir gains tjen eat a surplus but don't exceed 300-400 over maintenance each day to keep the gains lean. Also don't go over 300-400 under maintenance when cutting to help preserve muscle

That is what i figured. Just wanted to get feedback from people with actual experience. Will eat at maintenance and then adjust based on how my body responds.
thats the best bro... generally, diet is trial and error because EVERYONE has a different response to different foods, amounts, etc... i wish it was just a straight answer but its just not brother and thats why diet is the hardest part of all this...

thats the best bro... generally, diet is trial and error because EVERYONE has a different response to different foods, amounts, etc... i wish it was just a straight answer but its just not brother and thats why diet is the hardest part of all this...

Thanks bro. Appreciate all the help. Just trying to be a sponge and soak in all the information.

Top Bottom