napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

First cycle

Carpryan

In the trainup for a selection process. Always been extremely small even after 2.5 years of serious weight lifting. Problem is, I have to carry extreme weight for long amounts of time and I'm worried about my mass/weight with getting injured. I'm tired of being small. Shitty genetics. What should I do? Right now, 5'6" 138lbs, roughly 18%. Only 19 though, read the stickies and willing to take any advice. I don't necessarily want any long term effects but willing to make some sacrifices for my career which I enjoy.

I appreciate your sincere desire to reach goals. That is an energy you can tap into in the process of your physical transformation. You could easily ruin your health by getting involved with AAS at your age, so please don?t even consider it. Your route to strength and size right now is food. I went with 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight for years. For me, at 210lbs that was 2 1/2 pounds of boneless chicken breast every day with enough carbs to digest it. Study the art and science of training. BPak is all over YouTube with great training approaches, and he accents the importance of mindfulness meditation as well. You might get the idea that I would like that. Stay focused, work harder than you ever have before, and success is the natural outcome...

That is my issue for sure. I don't eat enough but living in barracks I don't have access to eat exactly how I want with no oven/stove. And even then I have always had issues with eating and gaining weight. Likely looking into anything that will help me with that such as mk677 which I was recommended previously. I need an increase in appetite and it won't effect my test.. I know you have to be on it for a while to see real results which I'm not really wanting to be on anything for any extended periods of time.

Dylan can advise you regarding whether SARMS are the way to go. I?m sure he will checking in soon...

At 19 the key is patience. Take a hard look at your diet and make sure you are eating enough of the right foods. At your body fat, there is some room to cut. I am guessing you are a typical "skinny fat" shape. Read the sticky that RickRock put together on diet and just be consistent. You don't need to look for any enhancement right now. Just the diet, training and throw in some creating. If you can share more details on your diet and training, that would help too.

I'm definitely not skinny fat, that percentage is purely off the scale I have and I wanted to go higher than I actually think based off of how people usually think they are lower than they are. I definitely think im below 15. I'm just small and I have an extremely hard time with gaining weight. My main goal is to gain size and mass cause of my goals and I don't necessarily have the time between now and when I need to be ready.

You mention "serious weightlifting" but don't drill down into what that means for you. I wasted many years in the gym. Ok, decades. I'm not sure what branch of service you are in or even what country but the bases I was on years ago always had barbells and plates. Are you doing Olympic lifts and/or heavy compound movements to build a foundation of overall strength? I'm not sure if that's the answer for you but it sure as hell couldn't hurt to have that as part of your training regimen. God I wish I was 19...

11B. By serious I mean yes, including compound movements, keeping track of weight each week for progressive overloading, training each muscle group 2-3x a week, and most importantly training harder than last time. I feel like I'm doing everything right, researching as much as I can, and still not seeing the gains I feel like I should be? I'm preparing for selection

11B. By serious I mean yes, including compound movements, keeping track of weight each week for progressive overloading, training each muscle group 2-3x a week, and most importantly training harder than last time. I feel like I'm doing everything right, researching as much as I can, and still not seeing the gains I feel like I should be? I'm preparing for selection

Are the guys who make it through mud crawler selection usually the biggest? Or are they the ones who can ruck 12 miles (or swim 2 miles, or run the obstacle course in the dark) and be smiling at the end? For example, Tim Kennedy is huge and he's presumably a really good operator. But was he huge when he was 19? Only you know what the physical demands of your selection are, I'm just suggesting that your heart and positive mental attitude are more important than any gains you would get from enhancement at your age. FWIW, I'm proud of what you're doing and wish even one of my kids was doing it.

Are the guys who make it through mud crawler selection usually the biggest? Or are they the ones who can ruck 12 miles (or swim 2 miles, or run the obstacle course in the dark) and be smiling at the end? For example, Tim Kennedy is huge and he's presumably a really good operator. But was he huge when he was 19? Only you know what the physical demands of your selection are, I'm just suggesting that your heart and positive mental attitude are more important than any gains you would get from enhancement at your age. FWIW, I'm proud of what you're doing and wish even one of my kids was doing it.
I have no doubt I can do it mentally, the issue is my size. I get criticized constantly at my current unit being that I'm MAX 140lbs soaking wet. With how much weight I'll be carrying im worried about not being able to keep up or getting injured which would mean the end to my goals immediately. If I was just just 10 lbs heavier I would feel way more comfortable.

Top Bottom