napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Finasteride on cycle and PCT

amb89

Hey everyone,

I've seen some previous threads on this, but wanted to sort of collect the my ideas here and see what y'alls thoughts were.

I've been taking finasteride for over a year now, I was originally hesitant to ever try it because of the famed sexual side effects, and had a couple buddies who completely lost boners after starting. However my hair loss seemed to stabilize the last few years and I got a FUE transplant to fix it up, which I'm very happy with and the doctor suggested to at least try it out. Luckily, I have had no dip in libido or quality of erections, however I definitely have reduced semen volume which is another noted side effect but which I can live with.

Anyways to the main question -> how does taking a DHT blocker like finasteride fit into the chemistry of a cycle or PCT? Say I'm going to stay on finasteride, what should I do/not do on cycle or PCT to make sure I'm taking care of any sides and getting max gains?

The next cycle I was looking at for later in the year was Test + Deca, which is famed also for it's deca dick. From my understanding, Deca causes this because it haults natural direct DHT production in prostate/testes, and thats why some recommend proviron on cycle to provide a bit external DHT for sexual functioning. Finasteride is a 5-alpha-reductase reducer, which is the enzyme active in the prostate and hair follicle that converts T to DHT. So potentially here I'm having both DHT production slowed, and conversion from T to DHT halted as well.

I don't fully know all that DHT is required for or beneficial for beyond that, so I guess my question is: if I'm on test + deca + finasteride, and potentially have 'zero' DHT during cycle, should I take something else to mitigate any resulting sides there? Once done, do I need anything additional to recover in PCT? Should I still consider supplementing with proviron on cycle (I'm thinking DHT in general is not a risk to hair, just the conversion of DHT specifically at the hair follicles, so maybe supplementing some external DHT is fine).

Thanks!

My advice is to stay as far away from Finasteride as possible. You couldn't pay me a million dollars to take it. I used it for 6 months for my prostate and I was one of the lucky ones that was able to recover from it. Loss of libido, brain fog, lethargy. You're flirting with disaster. It's only a matter of time.

Thanks for the warning, definitely something I'm taking seriously. At 1 year in and no side effects I feel like I'm probably safely in the ~95% of men they say have zero side effects, but I'm definitely on the look out for them. Something to note that finasteride for male-pattern baldness is 1mg, 1/5 of what they prescribe for prostate issues.

I guess then a side question on PFS:
Is PFS caused just by low DHT or from low/suppressed 5-alpha-reductase? Or is it not understood? Sounds like if it affects long-term naturally DHT production, which then can't recover naturally that at least supplementing with external DHT like proviron would help remedy the situation, though not spin up you're natural production again.

Just wondering as we're able to amplify/suppress/replace all sorts of different hormones involved in our bodies, during cycle and after, why this is a unique situation that people seem to get stuck in?

I guess then a side question on PFS:
Is PFS caused just by low DHT or from low/suppressed 5-alpha-reductase? Or is it not understood? Sounds like if it affects long-term naturally DHT production, which then can't recover naturally that at least supplementing with external DHT like proviron would help remedy the situation, though not spin up you're natural production again.

Just wondering as we're able to amplify/suppress/replace all sorts of different hormones involved in our bodies, during cycle and after, why this is a unique situation that people seem to get stuck in?
i dont know, im not an expert on it to that depth... i know ive dealt with way too many people that have had pfs and it is not something that they have been able to recover from

If your looking for DHT help maybe try Sawpalmeto and Pygeum both help block or balance DHT without having to use finastride. Deca sick is usually caused by the increase in Prolactin and is simply fixed with vitamin B6 300-400mg a day. Caber can be used to but I always just use B6 and saw no dofferemce when I ran Caber compared to the B6.

You need DHT to function like a man. I used finasteride once......my dick stopped working and libido was gone. Never again.

Top Bottom