napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Favorite Newly Implemented Biceps Excercise

LVX

I know there isn't a section addressing workout technique so I won't post like this again (apologize if I'm out of line by doing this). However, 2 months ago I implemented a biceps exercise that I'm getting some good results from so I wanted to share and see if anyone else has used it and had good results also. It's an underhand shoulder width pull-up hold in concentric position (with weight belt if you can); holding as long as you can (min for 15 secs for 3-4 sets). I've been doing this first in biceps workout and getting great growth but could prob work at end well also. I know this isn't science breaking news but thought I'd share it.

LVX

I'm a guy who has followed countless logs, so this kind of thing is always of interest to me. Seeing what is working for other guys. We can take all the shit we want but nutrition, exercise and avoiding injury is what's going to get the results. Concentric position meaning arms at a 90 (mid rep position)? This sounds like a great way to get them activated or burn them out. Arms has always been my lagging area, I will give this a shot!

Bi's are my least favorite bodypart to train but a challenging isometric hold/eccentric sounds like a good idea. My personal go-to for Bi's is doing bodyweight curls on a smith machine while griping one of those back pads (so your hands curl in as you pull up). More of an advanced movement and you'll tire fast but the contraction I get doing these might be the strongest I feel of any exercise.

I'm a guy who has followed countless logs, so this kind of thing is always of interest to me. Seeing what is working for other guys. We can take all the shit we want but nutrition, exercise and avoiding injury is what's going to get the results. Concentric position meaning arms at a 90 (mid rep position)? This sounds like a great way to get them activated or burn them out. Arms has always been my lagging area, I will give this a shot!

Not at a 90 degree; full concentric. Like holding your chin at the level of the pull-up bar for as long as possible. You'll notice that other muscle groups of course are being activated during the hold but I've gotten some good growth (shape & size) for my biceps.

Bi's are my least favorite bodypart to train but a challenging isometric hold/eccentric sounds like a good idea. My personal go-to for Bi's is doing bodyweight curls on a smith machine while griping one of those back pads (so your hands curl in as you pull up). More of an advanced movement and you'll tire fast but the contraction I get doing these might be the strongest I feel of any exercise.

To be clear, it is concentric not eccentric. I'd like to try your go-to. I think I understand it but the "back pads" part threw me. Can you elaborate?

Not at a 90 degree; full concentric. Like holding your chin at the level of the pull-up bar for as long as possible. You'll notice that other muscle groups of course are being activated during the hold but I've gotten some good growth (shape & size) for my biceps.

Got it, I'll give it a shot today at the start of my accessory day.

To be clear, it is concentric not eccentric. I'd like to try your go-to. I think I understand it but the "back pads" part threw me. Can you elaborate?

one of those pads that some ppl put on the bar for squatting.. usually black

Top Bottom