domestic-supply.com        sarms.forsale
bannednutrition.com
sarms.forsale
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Elevated ALT and AST due to bad gear?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Elevated ALT and AST due to bad gear?

    I just got my blood results back from my doctor. Bloodwork was done during my cruise at 240 mg of Test E. per week. My test is only at about 700 ng/dL, so it seems pretty clear that it's underdosed (it's from an underground source but still...). What stood out to me is that my AST and especially my ALT are elevated compared to previous blood tests. Could this elevation be caused by my (presumably) bad source? I'm switching to a new source for sure and will retest in the near future, but I would very much like to get some input on this.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,061
    How many weeks had you been on 240mg/wk before you drew blood?
    Test E takes approx 7 weeks to come up to full concentration in your blood

  3. #3
    I had been on a cruising dosage for 5 weeks by then. Any thoughts on the elevated AST and ALT? Actually that really is my main concern at the moment.

    Edit: btw I got blood drawn 7 days after pinning (bloodwork in the morning, pinned again that evening) so test levels were at an all week low by then ofcourse. Still I think my test level should be higher at this dosage.
    Last edited by CH015; 02-17-2017 at 11:20 AM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by CH015 View Post
    I had been on a cruising dosage for 5 weeks by then. Any thoughts on the elevated AST and ALT? Actually that really is my main concern at the moment.

    Edit: btw I got blood drawn 7 days after pinning (bloodwork in the morning, pinned again that evening) so test levels were at an all week low by then ofcourse. Still I think my test level should be higher at this dosage.
    So if I'm understanding this correctly, you are running a slightly above TRT level dosage (240mg/wk). You ran bloods 1 week after a dose and you came back with normal blood levels that fall in the TRT range. If that is correct then I'm not seeing your gear as bad in this case.

    You ran your blood test at a point where your test level would be at a trough. So if that's your lowest level at that dosage then I would assume your gear is good to go. I would suggest getting a blood test at the 48 hour mark after pinning to truly get a good read of your gear quality.

    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CH015 View Post
    I've seen a lot of people on TRT reporting much higher test levels (like 1000-1500 if I remember correctly) on 200 mg/week, so yeah compared to that I think my gear is underdosed.
    It also depends on individual response. Everyone is a little different which is why you can't just prescribe the same dose to everyone

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by CH015 View Post
    I've seen a lot of people on TRT reporting much higher test levels (like 1000-1500 if I remember correctly) on 200 mg/week, so yeah compared to that I think my gear is underdosed.
    A lot of doctors have different protocols in determining TRT dose. Some like to know your peak levels and test the day after pin. Some want to know your troughs and test prior to next pin. Then some want the middle point.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by CH015 View Post
    I had been on a cruising dosage for 5 weeks by then. Any thoughts on the elevated AST and ALT? Actually that really is my main concern at the moment.

    Edit: btw I got blood drawn 7 days after pinning (bloodwork in the morning, pinned again that evening) so test levels were at an all week low by then ofcourse. Still I think my test level should be higher at this dosage.
    Like others have said the liver values aren't terrible.

    As far as your total test, I pin 200mg/wk of script test and came back with 700 on the dot 7 days after pin. It's going to vary, the differences in of individual's metabolism will be expressed given the long 7 days delay.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMorkai View Post
    Like others have said the liver values aren't terrible.

    As far as your total test, I pin 200mg/wk of script test and came back with 700 on the dot 7 days after pin. It's going to vary, the differences in of individual's metabolism will be expressed given the long 7 days delay.
    Hm interesting. For comparison, did you ever get tested any sooner after pinning?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by CH015 View Post
    Hm interesting. For comparison, did you ever get tested any sooner after pinning?
    I haven't. It's something I intend to do on my own just for curiosity. I was intending to start my next cycle with my script test to see what my levels are with that, but that's at a different dose level and I don't know that you can use the same multiplier as it may not be a linear progression. I'll definitely be sharing with the forum when I do this.

  10. #10
    Your liver values can go up because of a lot of things. How elevated were they? Do you drink at all? Are you on any type of medication?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •