napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Ego check

RedMorkai

Came across a post made by Jared Feather that I agree with and thought I'd share. It's one thing to be proud of your accomplishments but it's another to look down at others. We all have our strengths and weaknesses:

"I don't care if you can deadlift 800lbs, SNATCH 400lbs, never miss a shot in a basketball game, run a 3.9 40 yard dash, gold medal in 4 different events at the Olympics, etc.

None of that shit gives you the right to look at another human being and think you're any better than they are because you pursued an endeavour that you luckily had a genetically sound predisposition for. Even if it wasnt "all" genetics...I don't care if you worked for years and years to develop a trait in which you are now elite at..... once you make it to the top of what you do you can all of the sudden walk around thinking you're more of a person than someone else? I don't quite understand it. Last time I checked we all breathe air, make our own choices, and have 1 heart that beats until we're not doing the other two things.

I see this shit more in gym culture than anywhere (especially out here).

Do you realize that you LIFT WEIGHTS???? How in the hell do people get so egotistical about this shit?..... You're good at picking up objects in weird bodily motions and you're now at a point in your life that when others are trying to do the same weird shit you're doing with metal bars and plates you look at them weird, stick your chest out, and are rude. What the fuck is wrong with people? Lol

I don't know shit about cars....so I ask people for advice...I don't know shit about woodwork, so I would ask people for advice... People don't know shit about training or diet so they ask me for advice...

See how that works? We help each other. It's really cool when you engage in that system of thought. Seems to have worked for quite some time for the human race."

Came across a post made by Jared Feather that I agree with and thought I'd share. It's one thing to be proud of your accomplishments but it's another to look down at others. We all have our strengths and weaknesses:

"I don't care if you can deadlift 800lbs, SNATCH 400lbs, never miss a shot in a basketball game, run a 3.9 40 yard dash, gold medal in 4 different events at the Olympics, etc.

None of that shit gives you the right to look at another human being and think you're any better than they are because you pursued an endeavour that you luckily had a genetically sound predisposition for. Even if it wasnt "all" genetics...I don't care if you worked for years and years to develop a trait in which you are now elite at..... once you make it to the top of what you do you can all of the sudden walk around thinking you're more of a person than someone else? I don't quite understand it. Last time I checked we all breathe air, make our own choices, and have 1 heart that beats until we're not doing the other two things.

I see this shit more in gym culture than anywhere (especially out here).

Do you realize that you LIFT WEIGHTS???? How in the hell do people get so egotistical about this shit?..... You're good at picking up objects in weird bodily motions and you're now at a point in your life that when others are trying to do the same weird shit you're doing with metal bars and plates you look at them weird, stick your chest out, and are rude. What the fuck is wrong with people? Lol

I don't know shit about cars....so I ask people for advice...I don't know shit about woodwork, so I would ask people for advice... People don't know shit about training or diet so they ask me for advice...

See how that works? We help each other. It's really cool when you engage in that system of thought. Seems to have worked for quite some time for the human race."

Amen! I get really pissed when I see some fit young girl snickering at an overweight lady on the treadmill. You know what??? At least she's fucking trying to change things!!! We all had to start from ground zero at one point! Support and encourage people to meet their goals...don't put them down!

I'll step off me soapbox now! LOL

People lift weights/go to the gym due to being insecure. That's it. You are insecure. For most people there are other reasons they do what they do but insecurity is the big one.

Then the insecure person reaches a point in which they feel they can be proud of, even in all their insecurity. This is why its so easy for guys to talk down to others. Egostical is basically the opposite of being insecure although in reality a lot of people show these insecurities with their huge undeserved ego.

Excellent post and share RedM.

Also, SD you are right. That is exactly why I started lifting...I was insecure about the way I looked with my shirt off.

Love this post bro. We are all at different levels and different walks in life. We all started somewhere. There will always be someone worse off, but there will also always be someone better. Stay humble and encourage...motivate, and support all those at all levels in their endeavours to better themselves

Great post red!! I see bodybuilding as a form of art! You invision on your mind what you want to create and you learn what it takes to create that vision! It should be about your journey with your vision you have in your mind and the respect for everyone's own vision!! It's not about winning or being in front of judges to critic your physique or how many medals or money you win!! It's about creating you work of art and on that journey you learn more about you! You learn to acquire traits like discipline, focus and pushing yourself through what you thought to be impossible! These traits can be used in every facet of your life from your relationships to your career!! Ego is doing it for what everyone else may think!

dude, what a refreshing post to read.. i say this ALL the time, especially pertaining to people that make a lot of money... YOU ARE NOT better than anyone else because of things like this... you may be better at a certain circumstance, maybe more successful at your job etc.. but that DOES NOT and i mean DOES NOT make you nor entitle you to treat others poorly, nor does it make you a better person etc... you know how many successful people i see treat others like shit etc... the more i have accomplished in life, the more i have given to others... i learned some hard lessons in the past and i know whats important and what is not at this point and making others feel good, motivating and encouraging others is what its all about... if you lift more than someone else, GOOD FOR YOU... be fucking humble about it and offer help to people if they need it, encourage them, give them hope etc... i make EVERYONE feel as comfortable as possible... i have people that interrupt me at the gym, knowing me from online etc and i always sit and talk, smile, etc... i never act like shit because IM NOT better than anyone else and i know that... i wish more people had that mentality, i truly do

Ummm, I love helping deserving ppl... lol, that excludes my fucking in-laws buwahahhahahahahahaaa. Sister-in-law called after traveling home 3 times in the past 30 days and our putting money on her sons books like we always do and asked for $200. The answer: Fuck no. You can go home 3x, but need to borrow money? How about sitting your ass at home stupid... back on subject, yeah helping people is fucking awesome.

Yep... straight dickhead.

Great post sir. Like Rick said be humble. I absolutely love it when people are down to earth and humble and willing to lend a helping hand.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

Most of those people who act like that have never been small. I haven't really experienced anything like that. Most people are pretty cool at my gym... except when you bang the weights... they don't like loud noises

Top Bottom