napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Dylan's new Nolvadex video

EEC73

Watched the new Nolvadex video. Enjoyed the way it was explained. One question though when he mentioned Clomid. It sounded like Nolvadex is more significant in blocking estrogen than Clomid. Also Nolvadex helps the pituitary gland release LH, which Clomid does not do. So the question, why take Clomid on my PCT if Nolvadex is so much better? Is the Clomid in fact there for something lacking or lagging?

Man to be honest there is no exact answer to your question as everyone is different.

There are a few reasons why nolva and clomid are recommended for pct combined. The main reason is that when they are used together your chances of a quicker and faster recovery are much, much higher.

Clomid is considered to be the stronger of the two when it comes to jumpstarting testosterone production, although it also has the worst side effects and some people simply do not respond well to clomid. They can take it for a months and it still doesn't raise there testosterone at all. Clomid does block estrogen but to a weaker extent than nolvadex.

Nolvadex also blocks estrogen and increases testosterone, although it blocks estrogen much more effectively, sometimes, in some people is not as effective as increasing testosterone as well as clomid. But this really varies person to person there is no real answer. Think about it these are anti-cancer and fertility medications there is no way everyone will react the same.

None of them are really better than the other, if you can tolerate them both then take them both. But there are a lot of people who can't tolerate one or the other, or both. A lot of these people eventually end up on TRT after running so many cycles. The combination of both are used to help prevent the possibility of not ever recovering your natural testosterone.

[Use the name Sdbronco for 10% off your order! Pm me for Titan Research price list]

Thank you SD. I had a feeling that someone was going to bring up the "on an individual basis"when it comes to how one reacts to AAS and serms. I want to post this quote I read about PCT. I am concerned when I read it because I am getting ready to run my first testosterone only cycle. Here it is: When supplementing with anabolic steroids there is one single truth you need to understand, risks exists. One of these risks is permanently lowering your natural testosterone production and forever being in need of TRT. Even with the best PCT plan in the world this risk exists. The point of PCT is to help and minimize this risk; it does not completely remove it. If this is something you cannot accept then anabolic steroid use is not for you. Now that's basically what you said about guys that run too many cycles,

Last edited:
Thank you SD. I had a feeling that someone was going to bring up the "on an individual basis"when it comes to how one reacts to AAS and serms. I want to post this quote I read about PCT. I am concerned when I read it because I am getting ready to run my first testosterone only cycle. Here it is: When supplementing with anabolic steroids there is one single truth you need to understand, risks exists. One of these risks is permanently lowering your natural testosterone production and forever being in need of TRT. Even with the best PCT plan in the world this risk exists. The point of PCT is to help and minimize this risk; it does not completely remove it. If this is something you cannot accept then anabolic steroid use is not for you. Now that's basically what you said about guys that run too many cycles,
How many people are really only going to run just one cycle?....and yes the risk is real!! You are putting hormones into your body which shut you down naturally which could....and will desensitize you. The above quote is true and if it worries you this much than you shouldn't use it

Watched the new Nolvadex video. Enjoyed the way it was explained. One question though when he mentioned Clomid. It sounded like Nolvadex is more significant in blocking estrogen than Clomid. Also Nolvadex helps the pituitary gland release LH, which Clomid does not do. So the question, why take Clomid on my PCT if Nolvadex is so much better? Is the Clomid in fact there for something lacking or lagging?

Clomid and Nolva both work in different pathways to stimulate test production, so the combo of the two are ideal for the best recovery. It's that in a nutshell.

Here is a little write up I did on Clomid a couple years ago

Clomiphene Citrate and Testosterone production

Clomid was originally developed to treat infertility in women by stimulating ovulation. However, to males there are also some very big benefits. Clomid has become the popular SERM of choice for many of those in the bodybuilding world to increase the production of testosterone after a steroid cycle, and for very good reasons. It has a lot of benefits to those that cycle steroids, and has become a big part of Post Cycle Therapy.

It is said that Clomid “stimulates” production of luteinizing hormone (LH) and therefore production of testosterone, but in fact Clomid achieves this not by stimulation of the hypothalamus and pituitary, but by blocking their inhibition by estrogen. This allows LH levels to return to normal, or even above normal levels, and consequently, natural testosterone levels to also normalise or rise above normal levels.

Clomid is an estrogen agonist and antagonist Making it an activator and blocker at the same time. This happens based on the tissue. In some tissues, Clomid acts as an activator (agonist), where others it acts as a blocker (antagonist).

Clomid is referred to as a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) like Tamoxifen Citrate (Nolva). They both work alike in the fact that they are both estrogen receptor antagonists. Both of these compounds are antiestrogenic in breast tissue, fat tissue, the hypothalamus, which is ideal for bodybuilding.
They are also estrogenic in bone tissue and have a positive effect on lipid profile (cholesterol levels). Clomid also reduces the exercise-induced damage of muscle tissue which can be beneficial to endurance athletes. There is some indication that Clomid can have estrogenic effects on mood, causing some slight depression, however this is dose and user dependent, and not a common issue when taking a recommended dose.

Clomid is weaker than Nolva when looking at them mg for mg. it takes about 150mg of Clomid to equal 20mg of Nolva. However much lower doses of Clomid at around 50mg have been shown to very effective at raising testosterone levels. Higher levels of Clomid (over 100mg) is where emotional side effects and possible vision complications can come into play.

Clomid, just like nolvadex, is very safe for long term treatment of lowered testosterone levels, with studies showing it is safe to use for up to four months. And post-cycle, when steroid users are suffering form lowered testosterone levels from coming off-cycle, is when clomid is most effective.

I'm naturally stronger than average respectively. I won't go into numbers and stuff, but out do a lot of people in the gym. One, my genetics, two I freaking love lifting! I replaced booze and the green with it more than 12 years ago. I am totally at the point pretty much Dylan spoke of where you've done it all but need to take things a step further with the use of AAS. I just want some assurance from some people here that running my first testosterone enanthate only cycle isn't going to freaking automatically
require me to be on TRT or put me in a compensated health position. I mean, my gear i have is dosed at 300 mgs. per ml.

Rick, you are bar none one of the most, if not the most thorough and comforting brother I have run across on this forum. You have taught/shown me alot! Thank you as always for your most invaluable correspondence. Have a great Sunday!

Last edited:
i just did a new video on clomid that will be coming in the next few weeks... its in editing right now but it sheds plenty of light on everything... they are both extremely important when it comes to total recovery.... i have been an advocate for many years on using them both when seeing so many using just one or using both and seeing how the recovery differs... the video is coming soon...

Top Bottom