napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Diet Critique

NarcissisticMach

Good Morning Gents,

Current weight is 160lb at a height of 5'9.
Body fat is roughly 18-20%

This is what I am currently eating without sarms and working out 3 times a week, 4 times when I can. I plan to run the sarmsx 12 week power stack and mini pct with this in January after I get my blood testing done. I pulled the nutritional information from calorie king, myfitnesspall and from food labels when I could. Any critique/thoughts/improvements anyone can suggest would be greatly appreciated. As always, thank you for everything you guys do!

Diet 1.jpg
Diet 2.jpg

Meal 1
1 cup oats
smoothie:
140g strawberries
4 oz banana
1 scoop protein
1 cup almond milk
F: 9.8g C: 113.3g P: 54.9g S:41.1g

Pre work out
Jym Pre
C: 4g S: 2g

Post workout
On Whey
Cliff Bar
F:8.5g C:44g P:35g S:22g

Meal 2
1 Sausage Patty
4 oz Egg white
168g organic hashbrown
F:12g C:26g P:27.5g

Meal 3
6 oz cooked chicken breast
5 oz quinoa cooked
5 oz broccoli cooked
F:2g C:32g P:49.6g S:1.6g

Meal 4
5 oz cooked grass feed ground beef 97% lean
5 oz quinoa cooked
5 oz brussel sprouts cooked
F:15g C:32g P:58.6g S:2g

Meal 5
5 oz cooked ground turkey
5 oz quinoa cooked
5 oz green beans cooked
F:4g C:32.6g P:40.3g S:1.6g

Pre sleep
Scoop Jym Protein
F:3.5 C:7 P:24 S:2

Totals
F:55g C:291.1g P:289.9g S:72.3g

Calories: 2817

Last edited:
I apologize for the awful image quality if I can't get a better one uploaded I will re edit with my entire plan typed out.

Looks like you have a good plan and setup. What is your goal, bulk or cut?

Bulking. In the past I have calculated calories at 3400 but was having an insanely hard time eating that much and felt like I was getting fat. I've cut them back so I can better watch my weight gain and add calories as needed.

I highly recommend checking out RickRocks sticky if you haven't yet - https://www.isarms.com/forums/steroids-sarms-information/diet-nutrition-basics-101-a-3314.html

That plan should DEFINITELY put on some weight for you, I eat about 300-400 calories less than that on average, and my macros are closer to 300/200/55 approx.
I weigh 180lbs at the same height and am running a recomp, so for your goals it definitely makes sense to me! However caloric intake is going to be very individual with many variables.

Stick with your current plan for a few weeks and see how you feel and if you notice any progress.

Also SARMS are the shit if you haven't considered them yet, I have dropped at least 3-4 % body fat and I am up about a 1 LB from my normal weigh in range, in approx. 2.5 weeks =)

Thank you for the insight. I am definitely gonna be running some sarms hopefully by January once I get my blood tests done. I'll stick with this for the next couple weeks and see where my weight goes. Hopefully now that I have cut the weight gainer and other bad carbs out of my diet I'll see some muscle gain without the extra fat.

If you are at 18-20% bodyfat, I we wouldnt recommend bulking for you. You are carrying too much bodyfat and its harder to make gains when you are that fat. You usually just add more Fat. I highly suggest getting into better shape. Possibly getting to 12% or under before starting to bulk. The leaner you are, the better it will be to gain muscle

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Thank you for the insight. I am definitely gonna be running some sarms hopefully by January once I get my blood tests done. I'll stick with this for the next couple weeks and see where my weight goes. Hopefully now that I have cut the weight gainer and other bad carbs out of my diet I'll see some muscle gain without the extra fat.

Your nutrition plan in and of itself looks solid. However, as RickRock pointed out, at 18-20% body fat you may want to consider cutting first. I tried bulking myself when I was over 15% body fat and all I primarily did was add fat. Beyond 15% Body fat, insulin sensitivity drops. You already have a meal plan setup so if you decide to cut, just remove some of the carbs by changing the carb serving sizes. Ex. Instead of 5 oz. of quinoa, reduce to 2 oz. and maybe remove some of the fruit. Leave the protein and fat serving sizes the same.

If you are at 18-20% bodyfat, I we wouldnt recommend bulking for you. You are carrying too much bodyfat and its harder to make gains when you are that fat. You usually just add more Fat. I highly suggest getting into better shape. Possibly getting to 12% or under before starting to bulk. The leaner you are, the better it will be to gain muscle

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

I'm guessing my BF is around there but I'm going off of what I see on picture charts. I have no issue cutting if that is what needs to be done however I was wondering if you could take a look at some photos to give me a ball park of my body fat based on your expertise.

This is a photo without me flexing my abs
no flex.jpg

This is a photo with my abs flexed
flex abs.jpg

Where would you think I am currently sitting at?

If I had to guess, probably around 18% Body fat. What I would do - and have done - is buy some fat calipers. Although they are not 100% accurate, they will provide you with a ball park estimate. This is very useful to track your progress overtime. As long as you measure consistently, you will see a trend in your skin fold measurements ( either increasing or decreasing ). They are cheap and can be ordered online from amazon. About 10 bucks.

If I had to guess, probably around 18% Body fat. What I would do - and have done - is buy some fat calipers. Although they are not 100% accurate, they will provide you with a ball park estimate. This is very useful to track your progress overtime. As long as you measure consistently, you will see a trend in your skin fold measurements ( either increasing or decreasing ). They are cheap and can be ordered online from amazon. About 10 bucks.

I have some, just wasn't sure how accurate they were as I've read on here that the mirror is the best indicator haha. I'll cut some carbs out of my diet and try to get down to 2000 cals + get the sarm 12 week cut stack and mini pct. Thanks again man.

Top Bottom