napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Depression and T-Cycle

hohilfed

Hi Dylan, I got a 3 years old kid. My energy levels are very low and want to try a testosterone only cycle to lift my mood up and get more energy for the day / work / training. I'm really struggling at the moment and need your advice. I'm on lexapro (cipralex in germany) 10mg every day which helps a little but not much. Never took steroids before but I wanna give it a try and see if it helps to lift my mood.

My training experince is 10 years. Weight is about 90kg (198 pounds).

I wanna do this cycle:

week 1 - 12: 250mg testo e7d
week 1 - 18: Aromasin 12.5mg eod
week 10 - 14: hcg 1000UI per week (500UI twice)
week 14 - 18 (PCT): novaldex, 2 weeks after last Injection (40mg first week, 40mg 2nd week, 20mg last two weeks)
week 14 - 18 (PCT): clomid, 2weeks after last injection (50mg first week, 50mg second week, 25mg last two weeks)

I'm very gyno prone ( had a small gyno just from taking maca root and even got still a small gyno but almost unnoticable).

If gyno signs show up my plan was to fight it with novaldex while on cycle for about a month straigth (10mg twice a day). Should I use letrozol instead ?

My dad is a docotor (phd) and will support me with all the stuff I need (he's not an expert on this subject).

Thanks for your help, I really need it.

This is not a good plan brother. Have you had your testosterone/hormone levels checked? I would start with a blood panel. Taking testosterone could make a bad situation worse. Depression can be tough. Hormone imbalances can make it worse.

you need to go to your dad and get bloodwork then... just because you need your mood lifted, doesnt mean you should use steroids at all... there's a lot of things you can do to lift your mood dude... what are your stats? age/height/weight/body fat? if your dad is a doctor, then you need to ask him to help you with your bloodwork and get that done... this is NOTHING i would recommend simply based on what you said man..

You need to start with bloodwork to see if there is anything wrong with your levels first bro. You are jumping the gun here a bit when you don't even know if test is even an issue

IMO you should not even think about AAS until you can resolve your depression issues. Depression is a serious issue and needs to be addressed. There's no shame in seeking the help of a psychiatric professional. A lot of people go thru this at least once in their lives. REMEMBER that you are not alone.

IMO you should not even think about AAS until you can resolve your depression issues. Depression is a serious issue and needs to be addressed. There's no shame in seeking the help of a psychiatric professional. A lot of people go thru this at least once in their lives. REMEMBER that you are not alone.
i agree brother, well said

thanks for your answers, I really appreciate them. I read that TRT is actually used to treat depression and anxiety. I have anxiety and depression issues for over 8 years now and took antidepressants for alomst 5 years and I want to try a different approach. I heard about TRT on a Joe Rogan podcast ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wlvoWASBD4 ).

I don't wanna do a full-blown bodybuilding cycle, I want to see if a TRT / cycle could help me. It won't be an issue to stay on TRT for the rest of my life if it helps.

@DylanGemelli:
I'm 34 years old, now about 196 pounds heavy, got an estimated body fat of about 16% and am 188 cm tall (6'2"). I'm working out 3 times a week lifting weights. Chest and shoulders on monday, back and biceps on wednesday and friday is leg day. I do cardio 3 times a week (130-140 bpm for about 35 minutes each, off days only). I'm currently on a ketogenic diet (helps).
I'll get my bloodwork done within the next days.

@EZ_E thanks for your kind words

Last edited:
I had big depression issues at one time years ago. You can get scripts for that like Zoloft or others. It helped me out big time if not I would probably be dead, always seek help when it comes to that

Talking about your depression and trying to resolve it is a major step in the right direction...and like ez e said your def not alone bro....

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

i've been on lexapro, and every drug in that ssri class and i can tell you while they def helped, nothing came close to getting my hormones and diet in check. like everyone else has said, get the bloodwork done not just testosterone, igf1, vit d, thyroid pretty much everything. get your nutrition in order, add in exercise, and if your bloods indicate anything then start to address that too. i haven't been on anything in a year or 2, and just from doing the stuff i listed 90% of my issues are gone. if i take a few days and eat sugar and don't workout, i can literally feel that shit creeping back in my mind. oh and if you are over weight check for sleep apnea while you are at it. i know it seems impossible and it's a long struggle, but just get started in anyway you can and keep going.

trust me when i say that shooting up a bunch of testosterone isn't going to fix anything and will probably make things worse. i literally remember when i started my trt and never noticed a change, and thought well let's keep upping the dose, and guess what? more doesn't help, my test levels were just a small piece of the puzzle. i know it's hard, but it can be done.

i've been on lexapro, and every drug in that ssri class and i can tell you while they def helped, nothing came close to getting my hormones and diet in check. like everyone else has said, get the bloodwork done not just testosterone, igf1, vit d, thyroid pretty much everything. get your nutrition in order, add in exercise, and if your bloods indicate anything then start to address that too. i haven't been on anything in a year or 2, and just from doing the stuff i listed 90% of my issues are gone. if i take a few days and eat sugar and don't workout, i can literally feel that shit creeping back in my mind. oh and if you are over weight check for sleep apnea while you are at it. i know it seems impossible and it's a long struggle, but just get started in anyway you can and keep going.

trust me when i say that shooting up a bunch of testosterone isn't going to fix anything and will probably make things worse. i literally remember when i started my trt and never noticed a change, and thought well let's keep upping the dose, and guess what? more doesn't help, my test levels were just a small piece of the puzzle. i know it's hard, but it can be done.
thanks for this post brother... very very helpful... i love it when people share first hand experiences like this

Thanks for your post. I tried a lot of things the past few years (meditation, several ssris, 5 htp, endurance sports, 5 years of cognitive behavioral therapy ongoing, brain scans, blood tests, general health checks ... just to name just a few).
I train regularly, am not over weight and eat clean.

I'll post the results of the blood tests this week. Cheers.

One of the major signs of depression is a feeling of worthlessness and no Direction. Getting on the consistent training program gives you a reason to follow protocol. And eventually when you get there that will help you.

We got your back.

25n1yh.jpg
that moment when you realize that the first person ever actually did the suggested bloodwork ^^

Last edited:
Top Bottom