napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cutting question

jboaz001

Hello
I am wanting some advice on cutting. I have been working out for a few years now and am really making some progress on my compound lifts and strength. I'm hitting 300 bench 400 squat and 365 deadlift. I just started deadlifting like 6 months so I am a little behind on that. Anyway my weight has really skyrocketed in the last 6 months from like 185 to 205. I am looking to cut down to 10% and stay there. In the past twice I have cut down to around 10% and I always lose so much muscle. I'm like 160 feel weak and stuff so my question is what approach is the best way to hold on to as much muscle as possible. I am not really looking to do steroids but have an open mind to sarms but I am really trying to stay as natural as possible with still getting good results. I'

Intermittent fasting is definitely a very powerful tool for cutting. I have tried it myself and lost fat while retaining most of my strength and muscle. I did all this while drug free. Cardarine is an excellent compound to help with the fat loss too. People call it a sarm, but technically it isn't. It is neither a steroid

https://youtu.be/9y88CgymwCA

Dylan does a great job explaining it in this video

Taking in less carbs than you burn will reduce your weight/fat.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wanting to try intermittent fasting but because of my workout schedule I can only workout from 630am to 8 am. I normally eat right after my workout but in order to make it work I would eat my first meal at 1030. I have always heard you suppose to eat within an hour of working out. I'm no expert though if anybody has positive experience with waiting 2.5 hours to eat after workout I would love to try it.

You don't necessarily have to eat within 1 hr. There are people who fast for 24-48 hrs at a time with good results; muscle wasting was minimal. Also, another thing to point out: you must be in a caloric deficit to lose fat. Yes, you will lose some muscle and strength on a caloric deficit if you are going to go drug free.

One common way to offset the muscle wasting is to use rad-140 during the cut

I like cutting slowly in a small deficite and incorporate more cardio post workout. Ultimately you should have all your numbers tracked at the end of a bulk. Weight and reps for compounds at the very least and then when cutting you want to maintain those numbers. If you find youre really struggling to do that id personally up the calories a bit. If youre a natural lifter who knows how to train and track lifts and are losing a lot of muscle every time you cut id guess that youre potentially in too much of a deficite

One more thing im sure youve heard it before but when cutting on limited carbs id always be trying to eat them around my workout

Last edited:
You don't necessarily have to eat within 1 hr. There are people who fast for 24-48 hrs at a time with good results; muscle wasting was minimal. Also, another thing to point out: you must be in a caloric deficit to lose fat. Yes, you will lose some muscle and strength on a caloric deficit if you are going to go drug free.

One common way to offset the muscle wasting is to use rad-140 during the cut

Ok thanks datazeer I did not know that but I'm going to try it then. I'll do 1030 to 630 and I'll be cutting from 3000 to 2500 calories plus 20-30 minutes walking. I think I'm going to wait till I get around 15% to start using sarms. Maybe do a 12 week cut from 14-15% to 10%. Thanks for all the help I'm starting Feb 1. I'll take pics and post progress.

Thanks Ryan for the response I have gotten impatient in previous years while cutting. I get pissed when the scale doesn't reflect my sacrifice but your right I need to maintain enough calories. I'm going to write down numbers and I'm thinking about getting a body fat test just for fun

Top Bottom