napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cutting Question

NarcissisticMach

Should you continue to drop calories as you lose weight while cutting? I started at 155lbs so (155x16)-500 deficit put me at about 1980 calories. I'm at 148lbs now so that puts me at 2368 maintenance calories. At 1980 calories I am still at a deficit just not a 500 caloric deficit. I definitely still have fat around my stomach though I'm starting to see abs. Should I keep dropping calories or stay where I'm at?

Should you continue to drop calories as you lose weight while cutting? I started at 155lbs so (155x16)-500 deficit put me at about 1980 calories. I'm at 148lbs now so that puts me at 2368 maintenance calories. At 1980 calories I am still at a deficit just not a 500 caloric deficit. I definitely still have fat around my stomach though I'm starting to see abs. Should I keep dropping calories or stay where I'm at?

Instead of getting overly obsessive about numbers (because we are talking about like 100 calories per day here which is nothing), just try to maintain a fat loss rate of 1-2 pounds per week. No less and no more than that. That is where you want to be. If you start losing less than a pound, drop your calories down. If you lose more than two, increase your calories a little

I agree with RickRock here. Im sure its abs your aiming for so remember thats a muscle group too, so you need to keep that fule at a good level to build them. I say stay around that maybe work on your workout intensity clean it up your diet a little better. If you haven't brother Goodluck.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I know everyone is different ...and I'm older so my metabolism is slower than most
But.. for me 1950 calories is what I need to maintain my current weight and fitness level
I'm 5'10" 191lbs 8% BF

So ... you need to find the calorie intake that works for your body and your goal
I have found tables and multiplies pretty useless ....for me maintaince always seems closest to the table for basic metabolic rate...without adding in extra calories for exercise

So dial in you caloric intake based on your bodies reaction....at 155lbs..for cutting it's probably less than you think

how long have you been cutting for with this diet?

Almost 5 weeks. I started at 160 and went down to 155 in 2 weeks. I started s4 and gw on the 3rd week of my cut for the transformation contest and went down to 148 in another 2. I'll be weighing in tomorrow morning to see where I'm at again.

Instead of getting overly obsessive about numbers (because we are talking about like 100 calories per day here which is nothing), just try to maintain a fat loss rate of 1-2 pounds per week. No less and no more than that. That is where you want to be. If you start losing less than a pound, drop your calories down. If you lose more than two, increase your calories a little

Sounds good. I definitely lost more than that per week in the first 4-5 weeks here but I'm sure a lot of that had to do with dialing in my diet and reducing the amount of sodium I was taking in. I've also been told that when you go into a cut your weight can fluctuate down a bit more before you see a more steady rate of fat loss

I know everyone is different ...and I'm older so my metabolism is slower than most
But.. for me 1950 calories is what I need to maintain my current weight and fitness level
I'm 5'10" 191lbs 8% BF

So ... you need to find the calorie intake that works for your body and your goal
I have found tables and multiplies pretty useless ....for me maintaince always seems closest to the table for basic metabolic rate...without adding in extra calories for exercise

So dial in you caloric intake based on your bodies reaction....at 155lbs..for cutting it's probably less than you think

Will do, thank you for the insight. This whole experience is a learning process for me so I'm still figuring out what works with my body. I'm gonna stick with the calories I'm at for another week or so and adjust from there.

You can also swich macronutrients, not necessary decrease calories, is little bit risky to decrease calories because ur body wil notice and metabolism wil slow down. U can go 1 week echilibrate diet low calories, 1 week high protein low fat low carb maintenance or low calories, 1 week on very low carb moderate protein high fat maintenance or low calories, u need to try all things to see what is best for your body. Is not realy necessary to stick one one diet and drop calories more and more, you can "shock" the body with different methods. good luck

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Will do, thank you for the insight. This whole experience is a learning process for me so I'm still figuring out what works with my body. I'm gonna stick with the calories I'm at for another week or so and adjust from there.
It's so individual....just keep good records of what you do and the effect it has... vary your intake and macro's....over time you'll find what works for you
Multipliers and charts are best used as starting point.....one size doesn't fit all

Top Bottom