napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cutting Advise

Lincoln30TT

This is my first real cut. I've been doing a slow bulk for almost 5 years. Mostly natural. Below are my stats.

5'6"
11% bf
On TRT
Maintenance is 2700
Currently eating 2300

I started cutting Monday to get down to single digital body fat. Dropped my calories by 400 and kept my workouts the same. Almost all the calories dumped were carbs.

It's been 5 days and I'm down 4 pounds. I've already noticed my 31" jeans are loose on me, but I've also lost a little size in my arms and chest. I don't carry any body fat there, so I'm assuming I'm losing muscle too.

Should I keep the cut going as is, or should I put some carbs back into my diet. Maybe only do a 200 calorie deficit. Losing almost a pound a day seems like too much, but I'm not sure if that will level out in a couple days.

Macros look like this.
250p/60f/185c

Training looks like this.
M = Chest and tris
T = Back, bis and forearms
W = Cardio and abs
T = Quads, Hams and calves
F = Shoulders and tris
S = Bis, forearms and abs
S = OFF

you havent even given it a chance man.. 5 days is nothing... you just said yourself you have been doing the same thing for 5 years so of course its a shock to your body now with the changes... you are NOT going to continue to lose a pound a day

Read the last sentence of your first paragraph. "Almost all of the calories cut were carbs"

There you go bro. You be dropped glycogen and water weight. Carbs fill your muscles out, and by dropping carbs you are confusing getting flat with losing muscle. You're just flattening out from lowered carbs bro. Nothing more. That's p art of the cutting process. You have to get flat before you can lose the fat.

5 days is nothing, and nothing has really changed neither positively or negatively in 5 days. Guarantee you that

Read the last sentence of your first paragraph. "Almost all of the calories cut were carbs"

There you go bro. You be dropped glycogen and water weight. Carbs fill your muscles out, and by dropping carbs you are confusing getting flat with losing muscle. You're just flattening out from lowered carbs bro. Nothing more. That's p art of the cutting process. You have to get flat before you can lose the fat.

5 days is nothing, and nothing has really changed neither positively or negatively in 5 days. Guarantee you that
absolutely agree a million percent and a drastic carb cut like that will initially cause this.. its not a surprise

Top Bottom